Scandal Collingwood star Jordan De Goey charged with indecent assault - NO sexual jokes or inappropriate comments.

Remove this Banner Ad

NOTE: No jokes about sexual assault or the alleged victim. Keep it clean, civil and remember Jordan De Goey has only been charged at this stage and NOT found guilty of anything.

Last edited:

I know a lot of guys get very uppity about defending the accused, because obviously due process is important - but it’s important to keep in mind the reason why there’s so much outcry when someone is accused of a crime like this is because for so long sexual assault has been swept under the rug and not taken seriously... I know it’s common for people to imagine these types of crimes as ‘wolf creek’ type s**t but it’s almost always a lot closer to home... like how many times have you seen absolute f**kwits harassing girls at a party? Or on the street on a Saturday night? What makes you think that won’t get worse behind closed doors?

Also, there’s a difference between being found not guilty and having not done something. I know people who have been on juries for sexual assault cases that have felt certain the person was guilty, but couldn’t vote to convict because of lack of evidence. This is especially relevant when it comes to sexual assault, there is very rarely a smoking gun.

I know personally I have had guys brag to me about sexual encounters that I’ve thought were very questionable, and I’ve heard of a fair few ‘great blokes’ that haven’t taken no for an answer at a party. It’s on us as men to change the way we think about this sort of thing. It goes further than what you see in a court of law.

I know a lot of guys get very uppity about defending the accused, because obviously due process is important - but it’s important to keep in mind the reason why there’s so much outcry when someone is accused of a crime like this is because for so long sexual assault has been swept under the rug and not taken seriously... I know it’s common for people to imagine these types of crimes as ‘wolf creek’ type sh*t but it’s almost always a lot closer to home... like how many times have you seen absolute f**kwits harassing girls at a party? Or on the street on a Saturday night? What makes you think that won’t get worse behind closed doors?

Also, there’s a difference between being found not guilty and having not done something. I know people who have been on juries for sexual assault cases that have felt certain the person was guilty, but couldn’t vote to convict because of lack of evidence. This is especially relevant when it comes to sexual assault, there is very rarely a smoking gun.

I know personally I have had guys brag to me about sexual encounters that I’ve thought were very questionable, and I’ve heard of a fair few ‘great blokes’ that haven’t taken no for an answer at a party. It’s on us as men to change the way we think about this sort of thing. It goes further than what you see in a court of law.

If people on a jury ‘felt’ someone was guilty but had no evidence then I suggest they represent the flaws in our legal system.

I know a lot of guys get very uppity about defending the accused, because obviously due process is important - but it’s important to keep in mind the reason why there’s so much outcry when someone is accused of a crime like this is because for so long sexual assault has been swept under the rug and not taken seriously... I know it’s common for people to imagine these types of crimes as ‘wolf creek’ type sh*t but it’s almost always a lot closer to home... like how many times have you seen absolute f**kwits harassing girls at a party? Or on the street on a Saturday night? What makes you think that won’t get worse behind closed doors?

Yes I completely agree with a lot of this and especially the bolded. However, I'm not really sure where that leaves you RE interracting with these people and employing them etc (if they are found not guilty). But I don't know what the appropriate steps going forward into action, how you should then treat them when you keep this in mind.

Was this reported in the news when it first came to the AFL’s attention or is this the first time the public have been aware of it?
The Police always bury the Collingwood stuff if possible, where as the run straight to the media when certain other clubs are involved.

I don't think I expect Collingwood to stand him down for an entire season given we practice innocent until proven guilty. I believe I'd like it to happen if it was a player at my club, but appreciate the feelings could be different in such circumstances.
I fully expect the Collingwood fans and coaching staff to call him a rapist for the rest of his career, they have form. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I knew the dude was dumb, but had no idea he was that dumb. Unless he did it to clear his conscience not caring about the consequences, but I’m gonna guess not.
Maybe Pies made him see a shrink after drink driving accident and he’s been encouraged to apologise for what’s been eating up at him?

(Pure speculation)

When I was in my early 20's I played at a footy club where the footy trip and Saturday night stories involved all sorts of stuff that didn't pass the test. Nothing I witnessed in person but that was more good fortune than anything else.

The same club then got under 19's, who then grew up and replaced a lot of the older guys and it changed from a place you wouldn't bring your girlfriend to a place that all the girlfriends hung out at. Then the girlfriends started playing in their own sides as the wave of women's footy swept across the country.

There's still a lot of young people mixing, drinking and bad choices bound to happen. The boys are still the lads. The girls are absolutely still the lads too, some of the stories of the consensual stuff they get up to! But a bit of inclusive culture and clamping down on inappropriate behaviour can go a long way.

I missed the whole Eddie/Jack Steven thing...

What did he say? From this thread he must have gone in hard wearing his journo hat demanding all the juicy details...is that the gist of it?

What forum did he say it in?
Chris Scott in a press conference: "I think it's wrong that some people have jumped the gun and said that this is an AFL integrity matter and somehow Jack has a case to answer before he is allowed to play footy again. I just think that is assuming the worst in people."

Eddie the following day on his radio show: "Well there's an easy solution, Scotty. Tell us what the hell happened and then we won't have to jump the gun... Don't have a press conference if you're not going to say anything. So wait until you can and then do it."

If Eddie now complains that "everybody is assuming the worst about Jordan DeGoey wahwah boohoo", he'll have contradicted himself. Until then, it's irrelevant.

See how there's people taking pleasure in learning about this news?

They'd do the exact same thing to you, if you one day found yourself in a bad situation.

These are the people you walk among every day.
No, this is a footy forum and people here get stuck into players, officials and supporters of opposition clubs, whatever the reason. As we hardly know anything about the alleged incident it's not like we can really discuss it. And sub judice...

as far as im concerned, any form of 'sexual assault' deserves a severe punishment, considering it isnt a light offense
Yes but it's important to remember that you don't know what you're talking about.

Stealing a kiss can be "indecent assault". So can patting someone on the bum. Critically, both the accused and the alleged victim can both agree on what happened but both disagree on whether anything bad occurred.

With these kinds of charges it's impossible to have any kind of opinion until you know both sides of the story.

I missed the whole Eddie/Jack Steven thing...

What did he say? From this thread he must have gone in hard wearing his journo hat demanding all the juicy details...is that the gist of it?

What forum did he say it in?
You’ve obviously just crawled out from under your rock after 4 weeks. Try and keep up FFS! Just in case you didn’t know, Collingwood and Carlton both lost this week.

Last edited:
Technically innocent before proven guilty in Australia
Jack De Bellin NRL in front of the courts now hasn’t been allowed to play 18 months, AFL needs to show leadership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back