Traded Orazio Fantasia [traded with #73 to Port for #29 and 2021 R3]

Who won this trade?

• Essendon

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

First time my faith in his talent has wavered. He was genuinely shocking against the Dogs.

Still not sure why Port fans care so much. Port were interested him at the trade table and once both sides realised how far apart they were on his value the discussions shut down quick smart.

Fantasia is a cheap footy player (sheep dog) who has not played good footy for three years.

Is not worth much on the trade table. Dodo mucked this one up as well.
How did Dodoro mess this up I’m genuinely wanting know.
Fantasia’s injury was that bad he had even contemplated a worse case scenario. Will he recover from it who knows, he was starting to show some good signs but I’m not sure he can get back to his best

First time my faith in his talent has wavered. He was genuinely shocking against the Dogs.

Still not sure why Port fans care so much. Port were interested him at the trade table and once both sides realised how far apart they were on his value the discussions shut down quick smart.
And the part about him not actually wanting to leave.
It wasn’t as cut and dried as many thought

Kennedy isn’t Cripps granted but Fantasia’s stocks are at an all time low and you have depth in his position.
Pony up 2 x 1st rounders for Ollie instead then ?
Why would we sell at all time lows? I'd honestly rather risk him being delisted than to trade for a spud like Kennedy. At least there's upside in keeping him.

The difference between your average Port Adelaide Bigfooty nuffy and Dodo is that Dodo is a good businessman. He knows better than to sell when value's are low. Even if we traded him last period when Port was interested, I doubt it would've been for the compensation that we think he's worth.

He's kicked 39 goals in a season before, a 2 goal a game player. Of course he's capable of recapturing that form at such a young age. Would literally be fuming if we traded him for a list clogger.

How did Dodoro mess this up I’m genuinely wanting know.
Fantasia’s injury was that bad he had even contemplated a worse case scenario. Will he recover from it who knows, he was starting to show some good signs but I’m not sure he can get back to his best
He messed this up by being an arrogant flog and knocking back Port’s very generous trade for Fantasia.
Now Fantasia is worth a late 4th rounder at best...or if he stays, is a disinterested list clogger on a big wage.
Totally stuffed up by dodo.

He messed this up by being an arrogant flog and knocking back Port’s very generous trade for Fantasia.
Now Fantasia is worth a late 4th rounder at best...or if he stays, is a disinterested list clogger on a big wage.
Totally stuffed up by dodo.
Got the wage part wrong, he is on very little as his contract was heavily front loaded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was this "very generous" offer from Port Adelaide? Can't find anything about it. Sounds like nuffy bs to me.

I’m not sure it ever got to the point of an offer from memory

Fantasia requested a trade to his manager, it leaked, Fantasia was forced to deny it. Dons clamped down saying he was a required player and that’s where it ended (from what I remember)

The knock on essendon is that instead of holding onto injury prone players they should have shipped them when they had the opportunity.

What was this "very generous" offer from Port Adelaide? Can't find anything about it. Sounds like nuffy bs to me.
You’re deluded if you don’t believe negotiations were going on behind the scenes. He wanted to go to Port. Port wanted him. Then the snake oil salesmen Dodo played hardball and stuffed it all up. Now you have a disinterested player worth nothing.

You’re deluded if you don’t believe negotiations were going on behind the scenes. He wanted to go to Port. Port wanted him. Then the snake oil salesmen Dodo played hardball and stuffed it all up. Now you have a disinterested player worth nothing.
Lol nice strawman. I never said discussions didn't happen. What I'm asking is - what was this "very generous" offer you are referring to? I can't find any sources about it, only what you've disingenuously alluded to.

> Now you have a disinterested player worth nothing.

He's not worth nothing. He's a talented player albeit very out of form, and it's our job to help him get back into form. A player who IS worth nothing would be a spud like Matt Kennedy. Please learn the difference between the two.

Not true at all but I won’t go further into it except to say that he happily decided to honour his contract. Dodoro has stuffed plenty of things up but this wasn’t one of them so I’ll leave it at that

Lol nice strawman. I never said discussions didn't happen. What I'm asking is - what was this "very generous" offer you are referring to? I can't find any sources about it, only what you've disingenuously alluded to.

> Now you have a disinterested player worth nothing.

He's not worth nothing. He's a talented player albeit very out of form, and it's our job to help him get back into form. A player who IS worth nothing would be a spud like Matt Kennedy. Please learn the difference between the two.
Oh dear. I must have hit a raw nerve for you to turn on a Carlton player I have never mentioned.

It’s ok if you’ve seen the best of Fantasia. It’s ok if he’s not worth anything now.
He will move on, but you’ll always have dodo😜.
Touchy. Touchy.

Not true at all but I won’t go further into it except to say that he happily decided to honour his contract. Dodoro has stuffed plenty of things up but this wasn’t one of them so I’ll leave it at that
Yeah. Nah. It is true...and Dodo should have made the deal happen instead of posturing. Now you are left with a player worth SFA.

Oh dear. I must have hit a raw nerve for you to turn on a Carlton player I have never mentioned.

It’s ok if you’ve seen the best of Fantasia. It’s ok if he’s not worth anything now.
He will move on, but you’ll always have dodo😜.
Touchy. Touchy.
The other bloke mentioned Matt Kennedy a few posts ago?

So do you have an answer or not - what was the offer? Or you're just making crap up? I'm inclined to believe the latter.

Back