Review Geelong defeats Lions by 40 points for a GRAND FINAL BERTH in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Steven? Lol, fu** that sh*t. Shouldn't even be in consideration. Long shot for any changes I'd suggest. Bit worried about the matchups down back but the team is settled and cohesive, done the job well the past two weeks.
Agree. Only possible inclusion might be Sav. He seems to worry Richmond. But no idea who would go out for him. No injuries so unchanged line-up

what’s all this rubbish about Geelong players being old and slow
Funnily enough this was the line spun by Tim Lane in 2011, but on Saturday he selected Cats to beat Lions. He finally learnt!!

Just watching the highlights on YouTube - is there anything more pleasant than seeing Harry Taylor celebrate like an absolute goon! One of my favourite Cats over the journey and the idea of him retiring with a flag is just delightful. I sound like Bruce McAvaney there but, boy I love Harry Taylor, we know that!

Harry Taylor, the big man. I love him. I want to boof him. Get him up here!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funnily enough this was the line spun by Tim Lane in 2011, but on Saturday he selected Cats to beat Lions. He finally learnt!!
It's been proven multiple times since that older doesn't necessarily impede chances at the deep end of finals. The 2011 Geelong premiership side was old, and then that was surpassed by the Hawthorn side in terms of age. Once a team gets there and is performing age isn't really a factor.

It is a potential predictor of expiry date, which every team does have. I would still maintain we are in the back end of our window rather than dead in the middle, just as Hawthorn in 2015 were, which is why a win now is so important.

Has there even been a more muted commentary of a prelims last qtr? No excitement at all when Geelong took marks in the foward fifty or kicked goals to win the game. Mcavaney even said straight out this isn’t the result we wanted.

the bias was disgraceful.
If the umpiring from the first half was anything to go by, Brisbane playing the GF at the Gabba was pretty much the script.

The lazy journalism thing is coming back to haunt Scott. First Watson on SEN now AFL website is running the tigers aren’t as good as hawks or Cats dynasties comments from Scott. I don’t think Scott’s comments are controversial, but journalists running with it. I don’t think it will impact the result, but prefer this story wasn’t floating around.

The lazy journalism thing is coming back to haunt Scott. First Watson on SEN now AFL website is running the tigers aren’t as good as hawks or Cats dynasties comments from Scott. I don’t think Scott’s comments are controversial, but journalists running with it. I don’t think it will impact the result, but prefer this story wasn’t floating around.
For once Scott is right. They aren’t as good. And we will see why this Saturday.

Cats need time and space with the ball so they can get those uncontested marks. Tigers will block up the space and be in our faces. Last time we panicked a bit and went long down the line where the waiting Namkervis Or Grimes was. Then they just ran it out on the turnover.
what’s our plan b if those chip kicks to control are not working?

Cats need time and space with the ball so they can get those uncontested marks. Tigers will block up the space and be in our faces. Last time we panicked a bit and went long down the line where the waiting Namkervis Or Grimes was. Then they just ran it out on the turnover.
what’s our plan b if those chip kicks to control are not working?

Plan B should be to put it between the 2 big sticks straight away. Don't bother passing it around. ;-)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back