Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:

Having their heads down, looking at their phones, is just symptomatic of how degraded Australian society has become.

Having your back turned to someone who is speaking is just plain rude - and deliberately rude, and goes well beyond bad (OK, very bad) mobile phone etiquette.

He might be in a bit of trouble and so he should. They just keep feeding the profile - dumb Trump supporters.

Having their heads down, looking at their phones, is just symptomatic of how degraded Australian society has become.

Having your back turned to someone who is speaking is just plain rude - and deliberately rude, and goes well beyond bad (OK, very bad) mobile phone etiquette.

I don't think a still shot is enough to make that call though. Leaders on both sides often swing around to talk to people while the opposition is speaking. Especially when the question is being posed to them as they may be seeking or have been offered reply material. That they're all on their phones in both photos suggests that something has come through from a message group that those in the photo are in. This is not uncommon. Leaders swinging around to engage with those directly behind them is no big deal. Turning your back on a speaker as you've described would be, but that still image is not meaningful evidence of that.

That said, just did some googling and Morrison has done this to Albo in the past. That is pathetic, it really doesn't matter if Albo is spewing garbage, it's a an awful look and disrespectful of Albo's role in our parliament and what QT is meant to be about. Morrison needs to grow up, there's something very unlikable about him. He comes across as blokey, but I reckon there's a very arrogant person under his facade.

I don't think a still shot is enough to make that call though. Leaders on both sides often swing around to talk to people while the opposition is speaking. Especially when the question is being posed to them as they may be seeking or have been offered reply material. That they're all on their phones in both photos suggests that something has come through from a message group that those in the photo are in. This is not uncommon. Leaders swinging around to engage with those directly behind them is no big deal. Turning your back on a speaker as you've described would be, but that still image is not meaningful evidence of that.
Agreed, it's a snapshot of a single moment in time, which in itself is not necessarily evidence that Scomo was being deliberately rude. Having said that, I do remember that being the case when the photo was originally published, indeed it was the whole reason for the photo being published in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting overview of our media

View attachment 990379
Shows like 60 minutes and "A current affair", and the project... what are they doing on here? These are not news shows.

The project is a thin veil over an excuse to advertise the current reality TV show - where they review social media and then interview the latest evictee of the Bachelor/Bachelorette. Is it left wing biased because they let Waleed Aly be on the panel? How controversial. I saw him have an opinion once.
(Interestingly, I catch those interviews when I record the Bachelorette and the recording gets the last 5 minutes of "the project").

60 minutes and ACA, I assume these are right wing leaning because having reporters ambush dodgy housing developers in the streets appeals to the baby boomer market, who all vote right wing.

Shows like 60 minutes and "A current affair", and the project... what are they doing on here? These are not news shows.

The project is a thin veil over an excuse to advertise the current reality TV show - where they review social media and then interview the latest evictee of the Bachelor/Bachelorette. Is it left wing biased because they let Waleed Aly be on the panel? How controversial. I saw him have an opinion once.
(Interestingly, I catch those interviews when I record the Bachelorette and the recording gets the last 5 minutes of "the project").

60 minutes and ACA, I assume these are right wing leaning because having reporters ambush dodgy housing developers in the streets appeals to the baby boomer market, who all vote right wing.
I mean the graphic straight up lists The Project, ACA and 60 Minutes in the "poor quality" category. They even colour coded it.

Pretty bad when they need to separate these two dipshits and mute them so it doesn’t turn into a sh*t show.

If you actually watched the first debate you would know who was doing all the interrupting. There is no need to both sides this. The rule to cut off the microphone was specifically brought in to counter Trump's strategy of turning the debate into an unwatchable mess.

I fully expect Trump to back out at the last moment. He's not going to tolerate having his mic cut off.

How on earth do the Libs keep appearing more corrupt with every passing day?

Sukkar gets busted for employing people, using Federal Govt funds, to act as Liberal party political activists. Instead of sacking him on the spot, which was the obvious and right thing to do, they decided to cover it up - and their cover-up is now falling apart with every passing day.

First we discover that the investigators cleared him without even bothering to ask the staffers if they engaged in party political work at taxpayer expense. It's obvious that you can't find evidence of guilt if you don't actually look for it.
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...-hear-from-key-witnesses-20201014-p5654u.html

Today we discover that the company hired to do the investigation is the company where Sukkar was previously employed. This should have raised massive red flags, as an obvious conflict of interest, preventing the company from even being considered for the contract.
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...d-review-into-his-office-20201020-p566wb.html

This Govt is truly despicable.

If you actually watched the first debate you would know who was doing all the interrupting. There is no need to both sides this. The rule to cut off the microphone was specifically brought in to counter Trump's strategy of turning the debate into an unwatchable mess.

I fully expect Trump to back out at the last moment. He's not going to tolerate having his mic cut off.

It actually works in his favour. He'll still talk while Biden has the floor, he won't be able to help himself, but because he won't be heard, he won't come across as the obnoxious *stick that he is. Not that any more evidence is required in that regard.

It actually works in his favour. He'll still talk while Biden has the floor, he won't be able to help himself, but because he won't be heard, he won't come across as the obnoxious fu**stick that he is. Not that any more evidence is required in that regard.
Pretty much. Gagging him limits the damage he can do to himself. The problem is he's hopeless at delivering his answers succinctly. Trump will ramble on, go over his time limit and they'll cut him off before he can get his message across.

Pretty much. Gagging him limits the damage he can do to himself. The problem is he's hopeless at delivering his answers succinctly. Trump will ramble on, go over his time limit and they'll cut him off before he can get his message across.
It’s not going to happen but it might focus him on quick succinct answers. Who am I kidding, he’ll still be a nightmare

They shouldn't have announced the mic cut off...just done it on the day... as would be better to see their reaction!

They shouldn't have announced the mic cut off...just done it on the day... as would be better to see their reaction!

How on earth do the Libs keep appearing more corrupt with every passing day?

Sukkar gets busted for employing people, using Federal Govt funds, to act as Liberal party political activists. Instead of sacking him on the spot, which was the obvious and right thing to do, they decided to cover it up - and their cover-up is now falling apart with every passing day.

First we discover that the investigators cleared him without even bothering to ask the staffers if they engaged in party political work at taxpayer expense. It's obvious that you can't find evidence of guilt if you don't actually look for it.
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...-hear-from-key-witnesses-20201014-p5654u.html

Today we discover that the company hired to do the investigation is the company where Sukkar was previously employed. This should have raised massive red flags, as an obvious conflict of interest, preventing the company from even being considered for the contract.
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...d-review-into-his-office-20201020-p566wb.html

This Govt is truly despicable.
The reason we don't have an ICAC is because neither major party wants to be called out on these practices... the Victorian ALP has been just as corrupt.

The sooner we have a proper ICAC with teeth, the sooner we may be able to restore some faith in the political parties... may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back