Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:
She definitely knew he was scheming. Which makes her complicit in my mind.
Same. Why would she say don’t tell me your business dealing other than being concerned it would taint her to. I just don’t buy the explanation about being an independent woman and not needing a guy’s help even though that is probably true, but I still think she knew what he was up to. . He was offering introductions to the premier to but on the hush hush basis. Saying don’t say it’s coming from me but she’ll be ok with it. Just like Brad and Tyson, we know what your up to just don’t get caught. 😉

Is that the block they bought for $30M but had been appraised at $3M?
Something to do with the new Sydney airport. Don’t worry it’s just the public’s money 💰. No wonder there’s so many shonky pollies and local gov councillors.

Yeh, apparently federal police looking into it to see if criminal charges can be laid.

Same. Why would she say don’t tell me your business dealing other than being concerned it would taint her to. I just don’t buy the explanation about being an independent woman and not needing a guy’s help even though that is probably true, but I still think she knew what he was up to. . He was offering introductions to the premier to but on the hush hush basis. Saying don’t say it’s coming from me but she’ll be ok with it. Just like Brad and Tyson, we know what your up to just don’t get caught. 😉

She sounded disinterested in the taps that I heard. Wilful ignorance is not an excuse though. She knew what she was doing.

They do. Any income left in a trust is taxed heavily.

Yeh like that happens a lot. Most of the income is dispersed.

Yes, working in a bank I’ve seen more than enough trust returns to know what you say generally doesn’t happen.

Please do tell why anyone would need over 10 trusts.

Trusts are a rort and deserve to go. End of story.

Yeh like that happens a lot. Most of the income is dispersed.

Yes, working in a bank I’ve seen more than enough trust returns to know what you say generally doesn’t happen.

Please do tell why anyone would need over 10 trusts.

Trusts are a rort and deserve to go. End of story.

The money ends up being declared somewhere, I don't see the rort. 10 different business entities with differing unit holdings. Checkmate, end of story.

The money ends up being declared somewhere, I don't see the rort. 10 different business entities with differing unit holdings. Checkmate, end of story.

Sorry. One trust and that is it. Of course you wouldn’t see the rort. It exists.

I am glad the government worked out the rort with property being bought under various trusts for land tax etc.

Sorry. One trust and that is it. Of course you wouldn’t see the rort. It exists.

I am glad the government worked out the rort with property being bought under various trusts for land tax etc.

How can you have one if you've got different business entities with differing shareholdings? How is one not a rort but 2 is? Explain how it's a tax rort. You sound like someone who doesn't actually know anything about them except that they exist. I bet you can't explain how it's a rort. And I know that as a banker you've seen trust financials. Doesn't mean you know anything else about them.

Labour in New Zealand is winning in a landslide. Will likely be able to govern in their own right.

Is this an omen for Qld and WA? Both states have protected their populations from Covid-19.
ACT Labor (minority) Govt returned. Looks like a net loss of 1 seat to the Libs, with the Greens gaining 1. The Libs' vote has gone down significantly in 4 of the 5 electorates, but has gone up in the other.

Not a great surprise. The ACT Libs are ultraconservative, and about as popular as herpes.

Roughly 70% of ACT's voters had already voted before today's election day. Most did so using the electronic voting machines at the pre-poll stations. I have to say that it's an excellent system, and I hope it's rolled out nationally.

How can you have one if you've got different business entities with differing shareholdings? How is one not a rort but 2 is? Explain how it's a tax rort. You sound like someone who doesn't actually know anything about them except that they exist. I bet you can't explain how it's a rort. And I know that as a banker you've seen trust financials. Doesn't mean you know anything else about them.

Ha ha. Yeh, 40 years in banking dealing with customers with multiple trusts, lending millions to group with multiple trusts and somehow I don’t know how they work. You are so funny sometimes.

Ha ha. Yeh, 40 years in banking dealing with customers with multiple trusts, lending millions to group with multiple trusts and somehow I don’t know how they work. You are so funny sometimes.

Yep, just as expected. No functional knowledge whatsoever. But typical banker has seen trust financials so think they know it all. I bet you're an expert on business operations as well. Bankers do banking mate, they're expert at being bankers, nothing else. You like to act like you know something about the numbers, but you just plug them in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair dinkum - he actually incites things and this is a week after a plot by some of his supporters to kidnap her was thwarted. FMD!

An American President making light of a terrorist plot against a politician is incredible. He's like a cartoon villain at this point.

I've heard people say he will never face consequences for his dodgy dealings because the establishment wouldn't want the optics associated with a former US President serving jail time. I'm of the opinion though that if he loses in a landslide, the Republican party will ditch his ass to the kerb, and the rest of the political establishment will be licking their lips at the thought of prosecuting him. There is no way they will let Trump hide behind gentlemans agreements or old fashioned political conventions when he's spent the last 4 years shitting all over the establishment, on both sides of the aisle.

An American President making light of a terrorist plot against a politician is incredible. He's like a cartoon villain at this point.

I've heard people say he will never face consequences for his dodgy dealings because the establishment wouldn't want the optics associated with a former US President serving jail time. I'm of the opinion though that if he loses in a landslide, the Republican party will ditch his ass to the kerb, and the rest of the political establishment will be licking their lips at the thought of prosecuting him. There is no way they will let Trump hide behind gentlemans agreements or old fashioned political conventions when he's spent the last 4 years shitting all over the establishment, on both sides of the aisle.

I think that he will be made an example of.

If by slim chance he does win a second term (unlikely but always a very remote possibility) I see the possibility of him never seeing the end of his second term due to an unfortunate turn of events involving a gun.

I think that he will be made an example of.

If by slim chance he does win a second term (unlikely but always a very remote possibility) I see the possibility of him never seeing the end of his second term due to an unfortunate turn of events involving a gun.
I heard some commentator saying because of their antiquated electoral college system Biden needs over 4 Million more vote to win above Trump.
the polling suggests he should achieve this but maybe not.

I heard some commentator saying because of their antiquated electoral college system Biden needs over 4 Million more vote to win above Trump.

Well Hillary in 2016 got nearly 3 million more votes and lost but if just over 111k in 3 states (Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania) had switched their vote to Hillary then Trump would not have been President.

The interesting thing in this election is the number of states in play. It just isn’t those 3 - add Florida, Arizona, North Carolina, Ohio and even Iowa, Texas and Georgia.

Trump won’t gain any Democrat states however Biden has many different avenues to the Presidency. It will be a fascinating day (for those that love elections and that is me). Wednesday 4th November will be sitting done absorbing it all with a bottle of red keeping me company.

Last edited:
It's all about winning states, particularly those swing states, the ones Trump flipped by less than 1.5-2% in the 2016 GE (Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin). Total amount of votes nationally is not the metric you should be looking at if you're talking about who wins the election.

With all this guy had going on, it's unfathomable that this would get near the top of his to do list.

I'd argue that in a decade or so they'll have immense value.

Well Hillary in 2016 got nearly 3 million more votes and lost but if just over 111k in 3 states (Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania) had switched their vote to Hillary then Trump would not have been President.

The interesting thing in this election is the number of states in play. It just isn’t those 3 - add Florida, Arizona, North Carolina, Ohio and even Iowa, Texas and Georgia.

Trump won’t gain any Democrat states however Biden has many different avenues to the Presidency. It will be a fascinating day (for those that love elections and that is me). Wednesday 4th November will be sitting done absorbing it all with a bottle of red keeping me company.
Sounds like. Fun 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back