List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea, I don't know anything about Essendon's list, I try not to think about them. But they could easily have made him the argument that he's more likely to play with them than with us.

look i think ya right thats probably the reason

just thinking the reasoning is super short sighted without a lot of attention to detail on what could happen there

feels like a pretty dumb move tbh

Has Caldwell or his manager been quoted as requesting to go to Essendon? Only article of relevance I can find quotes McCarthy stating Jye has requested to go to a Victorian club but nothing about which club. Maybe I’m getting desperate.
No your right.

also the wording of Tom Morris’s tweet. “His preference is Essendon over St Kilda”

This will be about the best offer. If we truly want him. He is gettable for our first pick.

Has Caldwell or his manager been quoted as requesting to go to Essendon? Only article of relevance I can find quotes McCarthy stating Jye has requested to go to a Victorian club but nothing about which club. Maybe I’m getting desperate.

Everything will be revealed at 4:15pm

Bookbank it!

just thinking the reasoning is super short sighted without a lot of attention to detail on what could happen there

Remember Jono Brown taking less to stay at Brisbane because, as he said at the time, 'you need to make sure the good players at the club stay so you have a decent team to play with"

Financially a great move, for success as a footballer?????

No your right.

also the wording of Tom Morris’s tweet. “His preference is Essendon over St Kilda”

This will be about the best offer. If we truly want him. He is gettable for our first pick.

just the nuffie in me. but i kind of don't want him now.

Good for his manager though, more cash. The manager probably has a lot of sway over a 20 year old.

No your right.

" The uncontracted Caldwell informed the Giants that he wishes to seek a move back to his home state of Victoria and will take up a lucrative contract with the Bombers. " afl.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Dunkley is actually a real chance to move and we missed because of Crouch, I'd be pretty annoyed. I'm happy with Crouch in isolation, but Dunkley would be a much better prospect with his age and without the durability concerns.
If Dunkley was a chance and that meant not getting Crouch surly the club would say....sorry brad

+1 to this

looking to next season:
- essendon just got much weaker, losing a bunch of senior talent
- GWS look much weaker, losing a bunch of senior and upcoming talent

i don't think carlton have got much stronger. it's all peripheral changes. hardly finals hardened talent either.

freo are a dumpster fire. adelaide are cooked and are on a rebuild to somewhere. norf are another dumpster fire, don't even have a senior coach. hawthorn look cooked for the next 3-5 years.

thats 7 sides right off the top of the bat that aren't in finals contention!!!!!

now imagine if dunkley walks to essendon. might as well cross the dogs off the list too!!!

so really there's what maybe 2 or 3 sides that could displace us!!! you'd take those odds any day of the week!

Freo looked alright to me, I know you hate them but they have a bit of competitiveness all of a sudden.

Yeah that's true. Especially with the issues he's already had with his body.

If we offered 4 x 400 he's got almost an extra million dollars guaranteed at the Bombers.

Hard to knock thar back.
That's my thinking no guarantees in football that his body holds up or even that he turns out to be a good player, might be the last contract he ever signs!

Not worth losing sleep over anyway, given an unproven player that sort of contract has consequences I would imagine like rubbing proven players the wrong way who are earning less.

I would also like players playing for us that want to fight to earn their position in the team and prove their worth not just get gifted a spot because you're the new shiny Toy!

Just my opinions of course

Freo looked alright to me, I know you hate them but they have a bit of competitiveness all of a sudden.

they're miles off finals

everything stills rests on Mundy, Fyfe and Walters

lots of turmoil behind the scenes with people getting sacked!

5 x 500k is considerable overs for a lad with 12 games under his belt.

If he came to moorabbin, he would be in direct competition with Bytel for that fringe inside spot.

Walks straight into the Essendon midfield.

At least we held up our end and make Essendon pay overs. No free hits.

Rhyce Shaw has left North Melbourne effective immediately.

Not trade news but will affect who they target in the trade period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back