List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For years we have been sitting here talking about which players we can get "next year". Its dreaming and a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Brad Crouch is a free agent. We made him an offer under free agency.
If we get him , it won't stop us doing something "next year".
From what Gallagher said the other day it sounded to me as though we wouldn't be doing any major trades this year.
I get the feeling we want to go into next season with a full complement of draft picks, after a couple of years of trading future picks, so that we can have a crack at someone next year.

Band 2 compensation pick could end up around Pick 25 come draft night.

Your band 2 pick moving from pick 20 to pick 25 because of F/S and academy picks does nothing.

You will still have the same players available to you when it is pick 25 as you did when it was pick 20.

There is no difference other than the number.

It’s just stupid mate.

I actually don’t care if we get him at this point.

I just feel more for the player who was thrown out the front door and the supporters think let’s just dust the front mat and tell him to open the door and come back because he couldn’t get them pick 2.

Shambles of a club.

Wooden spooners for a reason. have been a shambles since the finals siren of the 2017 GF. Hopefully it is a trend

GWS a shambles since the final siren of the 2019 GF

Geelong after the 2020 final siren of the GF?

Hopefully the Richmond curse (which I have just made up) continues.

Reckon Adeaide will be down for years with Rucittio there. Need to miss that plonker out ASAP.

It’s just stupid mate.

I just feel more for the player who was thrown out the front door and the supporters think let’s just dust the front mat and tell him to open the door and come back because he couldn’t get them pick 2.

Shambles of a club.

I get the emotion of their supporters but been inflamed by this bloke , who wants to aggravate the situation
not for the 1st time either.

Geez settle down with the insults, I'm looking at this from both angles.

I think a trade would be a poor outcome for the Crows, and I doubt we'd ask for solely Pick 15 in a trade scenario, a pick I'm sure you guys want to hold onto.

It just seems like a pretty messy situation/outcome. I know a few of you would puff your chest out and say 'well bloody keep him then' etc etc, but this would also be a poor outcome for your club not to be able to get the trade done. That's just reality.

The reality is that Crouch’s trade value before his coke escapade was around pick 10-15.

Afterwards you’re looking late 1st, early 2nd.

In this case the contract that StK have offered Crouch, that he has accepted, looks like valuing him pretty accurately in terms of a compo pick.

In regards to your last sentence, StKilda has shown over many years that we’re a club that gets deals done. It would actually reflect horribly on Adelaide to match an offer for a player who they want out of the club for the sake of 5 positions in the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for intrusion .
Jack would fit in well with the Saints gameplan. He's just been unlucky kids that were behind him have gone past him when he was sick and he lost his spot in our side .
He's a great kid and grew up a Saints supporter .

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

How can we trust you guys after you traded us that spud Butler? :D

Jack Higgins would be a great get.
A pure footballer with good pace and the ability to get the footy up the ground and finish close to goal.

Really excited to get Jack if the rumour comes to fruition.

Just makes our forward half that much more dangerous (and probably means we don’t have to watch Kent spill absolute sodas and kick the ball OOF 3 times every game).

It’s just stupid mate.

Shambles of a club.

Lets distinguish between nufty supporters & the club.

The Crows are just playing the game, they know what they’re getting & what they’ll be accepting.

Its no different that those of us who were expecting/demanding better returns for Bruce & Stuv this time last year.

Is it really different to letting a player go and sign with a new club then back tracking and bringing him back to the club after you let him go because you didn’t like your compo?

We have shown we get things done. We have also shown we won’t be bullied I.e the pick split last year.

I think this hurts Adelaide if we walk then it does us. Crouch will add nothing to that rebuild. Pick 20 very well might.

He only needs to play 98 games to have contributed more for that football club then crouch.

Oh I don't think we are going to be bullied and nor should we. But how many FAs have not gone to their chosen club?
I think this talk of just up and walking away is naive.
Both clubs are posturing. Both clubs will looking at the optics of how it goes. If we stuff around too much does it hurt further down the line when we have another FA and their concerns are around 'well the club walked away from the last one, what makes me different?'

From what Gallagher said the other day it sounded to me as though we wouldn't be doing any major trades this year.
I get the feeling we want to go into next season with a full complement of draft picks, after a couple of years of trading future picks, so that we can have a crack at someone next year.

Under promise Over deliver

Oh I don't think we are going to be bullied and nor should we. But how many FAs have not gone to their chosen club?

The question should be how many FA's have been matched? If the answer is zero, we are at a whole new ball game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back