Traded Orazio Fantasia [traded with #73 to Port for #29 and 2021 R3]

Who won this trade?

• Essendon

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m aware that he is contracted, but if he is indeed 100% returning to Adelaide, who actually has the upper hand here?
Think it's about even given he's not a free agent. Dodo will continue to ask for more and end up taking 28 which was fair to begin with

I’m aware that he is contracted, but if he is indeed 100% returning to Adelaide, who actually has the upper hand here?
Essendon would be within their rights to make him sit out a year and hold him to his contract but that is about less than 1% chance of happening and would be a dog act IMO.
A trade will get done

Why on earth would dodo give two fu**s about what you and the nuffie universe of big footy thinks?

Fantasia is contracted. He is clearly rated higher internally than what Port rate him at. We don't have to trade him unless we want to.

That doesn't seem to get through the thick skulls of people around here.
Not to rain on your parade, but seems pretty obvious he will not pay for Essendon next year, so you can not trade him I guess, but not sure how that will achieve anything at your end. Port are not losing a player they never had, but you will end up with nothing and a player who wont play for you. So keep banging on about 1st rounders and Ollie Wines and look forward to not seeing the player on the field for you (not that you see much of him anyway).

I bet Orazio would be thrilled with that sort of commitment from Port...
Fanta Pants should've never signed a long contract with Essendon if it was his plan to return to Adelaide. If Essendon said that they would let him return to Adelaide with the intent of pantsing the buying club they are a joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fanta Pants should've never signed a long contract with Essendon if it was his plan to return to Adelaide.

You are correct, he shouldn’t have.

What’s the point of a contract if a player/opposition club can dictate the terms of a trade whilst that player is still contracted.

Hence why we’ll have to pay a bit more than Dunkley’s true value to acquire him...

What’s the point of a contract if a player/opposition club can dictate the terms of a trade whilst that player is still contracted.

Hence why we’ll have to pay a bit more than Dunkley’s true value to acquire him...

difference is, Bulldogs desperately want to keep Dunkley. Whereas I don’t believe for a second that Essendon care that Fantasia is going. He would probably be a very likely 2021 delistee if he stayed.

I don't understand why you are trying to link these trades together (Fantasia & Dunkley). In terms of worth, the better comparison is 2 metre Peter who you seem to want for a 4th Rounder is in contact and you want them to pay some of his salary.

I don't understand why you are trying to link these trades together (Fantasia & Dunkley). In terms of worth, the better comparison is 2 metre Peter who you seem to want for a 4th Rounder is in contact and you want them to pay some of his salary.

2MP is a salary dump who can’t get a game and Gold Coast don’t want him on the books. Anymore. Orazio is a player we would much prefer to keep, hence why we didn’t want to trade him last year and ended up convincing him to stay. Much more like the Dunkley scenario than 2MP.

2MP is a salary dump who can’t get a game and Gold Coast don’t want him on the books. Anymore. Orazio is a player we would much prefer to keep, hence why we didn’t want to trade him last year and ended up convincing him to stay. Much more like the Dunkley scenario than 2MP.
No Fanta Pants is a player who doesn't get a game because he's always injured and doesn't want to play for you

Back