Analysis Good, Bad, Ugly, and Surprising vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan Butts is a highlight for me.

Been thinking since 2019 he will be our next FB.

Having the confidence to go for his marks and out position Hawkins says he belongs.

When Talia comes back, he needs to stay in the side.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

WOW! Did not expect that! I thought something competitive but that was next level, esp the 2nd 1/4.

Just woke up, head a bit dusty, but WOW! some many good things.

I will say there are a few "Chicken Littles" on this board who now need a good reflection on their attitude the last couple of weeks.

SO PROUD right now. GO YOU CROWIES!

Jordan Butts is a highlight for me.

Been thinking since 2019 he will be our next FB.

Having the confidence to go for his marks and out position Hawkins says he belongs.

When Talia comes back, he needs to stay in the side.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
A lot of those marks were body/chest marks ie he outbodied Hawkins

The photo, and insightful comments previously by Sanders, baldandbroke, you and others have said it all.
No doubt he was peeved by being dispossessed by Hamill and out for revenge. There was no need to bump, especially not to jump off the ground to launch himself into Kelly who had been niggling him previously.
Only I think the head contact was accidental.
(Was advantage paid for the free, anyone know?)

Funny thing --- years ago, especially if he was still in Crows colours, that shirtfront would have been applauded, but the rules protecting the player are sound and necessary. I hope he gets at least 2 weeks, but --- well --- it is Dangerfield, the MRP poster-child (along with take-'em-out-early-Cotchin, Flopper-Selwood, sprigs-high-Greene and others).
If they want to send an end-of-Round-One message to stamp that kind of bump out, THREE weeks off for Dangerfield imo.

Last edited:
First time poster, long time lurker. Soo happy with that performance.
No mater what happens for the rest of the year, we have hope.
We looked 1000% better with only 2 “key” forwards. So much more zip and energy. Great win.
Back to lurking in the background.
Nah, keep posting :thumbsu: .

Hamill is a weird one because I saw him bob up a fair bit today but despite this his stat sheet is pretty ugly. Doesn't matter though, if he had a low possession game but still contributed pressure off the ball, that's already a massive improvement on the brand of footy we've been producing as a club these last few years.

A number of times he was applying pressure to Danger particularly but other mids also kicking inside 50. Good pressure using his speed

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't win this game with Rory Atkins playing

The photo, and insightful comments previously by Sanders, baldandbroke, you and others have said it all.
No doubt he was peeved by being dispossessed by Hamill and out for revenge. There was no need to bump, especially not to jump off the ground to launch himself into Kelly who had been niggling him previously.
Only I think the head contact was accidental.
(Was advantage paid for the free, anyone know?)

Funny thing --- years ago, especially if he was still in Crows colours, that shirtfront would have been applauded, but the rules protecting the player are sound and necessary. I hope he gets at least 2 weeks, but --- well --- it is Dangerfield, the MRP poster-child (along with take-'em-out-early-Cotchin, Flopper-Selwood, sprigs-high-Greene and others).
If they want to send an end-of-Round-One message to stamp that kind of bump out, THREE weeks off for Dangerfield imo.
There was no free

Dangerfield has a history of targeting players. Just from watching my Carlton fellas he's hurt Murphy deliberately twice and it was also him who smashed Judd when he did his knee and pretty much ****ed up his career. Serial thug. I'm sick of the "name" players getting away with this s**t. Great player rep there. And just to keep it on topic I think my neighbour has watched this match about 3 times judging by her yelling :)

I thought this was one of Murphy’s best ever games for us. Only kicked the 1 goal and had 11 touches but he was clean and explosive around stoppages.

I think he was also the one that produced that enormous game winning chase and tackle with about 5 minutes to go. Does anyone have footage of this? Was a fantastic effort

I mean it doesn't matter but it may have cost us a goal if they called anything

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

yep
I’m not having a crack but you can bet your life if it was the oppo team the free would have been paid and then the 50 added

prefer Tex kicking from 50 anyway

and only played 9 games. He should keep improving with experience.
Unfortunately it's a make or break year for Frampton and Himmelberg. With Thilthorpe almost certain to be selected in the coming weeks and Fogarty coming back in both have immense pressure to perform. It's good for the list but I do feel for them. Not to mention McAsey who is a natural forward floating in the wings. Our Sanfl performances will be very interesting.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back