Autopsy Swans Vs Dons Rnd 4 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Gulden deserved a head high free in the last there when the game was on the line but he did do the Selwood arm lift (which Selwood would still get) so not too worried. Hickey has made an art out of taking the ball out of the ruck and the first one was the correct call up their end but he was very very lucky not to be pinged with that last one up our end with a minute to go.

Loved that Hickey and Swans have worked out the umpires seem to misinterpret the rule, at least in my view.

The rule change was supposed to remove the ruckman automatically having deemed to have prior opportunity by grabbing the ball. But it seems to be officiated that the ruckman appears almost immune from holding the ball.

Thought Gulden deserved a head high free in the last there when the game was on the line but he did do the Selwood arm lift (which Selwood would still get) so not too worried. Hickey has made an art out of taking the ball out of the ruck and the first one was the correct call up their end but he was very very lucky not to be pinged with that last one up our end with a minute to go.
That last one was htb I reckon. He played on & had prior. We were very very lucky with the frees tonight.

Not sure what Lloyds role is anymore. Doesn’t provide much

Won a few really good contested balls tonight on the ground and one in the air, which I can't say I expect from him. So that was good.

Rowbottom and Hayward in imo

I seriously think we need something else in defence, Gould has a spot there IMO if he shows cause I don’t think Harry , hewett and Lloyd work

I thought Harry was terrific today. Lloyd to me is meh but clearly the coaches rate him so wtfd I know?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Shame about Heeney though... sounds like its going to be a month. Hayward comes straight in as the forward, and he will need to prove himself that he is best 22.

Even though not ideal, don't mind wins like this for a young side. At least we clawed our way back. A learning experience where you can't get too ahead of yourselves even though you just made a statement win. As one said, puts us in our place a bit.

Was the perfect game for us in that respect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That last one was htb I reckon. He played on & had prior. We were very very lucky with the frees tonight.
At times, at others a lot of holds and highs were ignored.

Is it normal for a team General Manager (Charlie Gardiner) to be on the bench with a headset on? its pretty funny with 30secs to go Longmire was giving him a absolute bake.

While Bell was completely off the pace of the game tonight and is someone I don't think is up to the standard to play senior AFL football for a team challenging for a spot in the Top 8, when you see that he had 14 Pressure Acts in just over a half of football (7 players had more - Wicks led the team with 29, next best was Warner with 21 with Kennedy, Papley, Florent, Lloyd, Mills on between 19 and 16) you can see why the coaches keep giving him so many chances to bring his game together.

I reckon we move Parker forward to cover Heeney, Rowbottom comes in, and maybe consider swapping Blakey with Hewett. Hewett down back just doesn't give me confidence - his defending is sub-par and he doesn't seem confident with ball in hand. So many rushed kicks and running into trouble.

Meanwhile Blakey loves running, is tough as nails in the contest, has height, and is a better kick under pressure (yes, he sprays it a lot but it's usually the easy ones).

Honestly, I feel like Essendon were doing pulling and grabbing in Q1/Q2 but the umps let it slide. They only started blowing the whistle for those holding frees near end of Q3 and Q4 which makes it seem like the umps dragged us over the line.

They really should have called holds early on, and the non calls kept Essendon alive

Really don’t want to make too many unforced changes. Rowbottom for heeney

History seems to suggest that a healthy unchanged list usually equates to some success. Agree that we approach that way where possible.

We’ve been close to the best team for giving opportunities over the last four years be it by design or forced so it’s time to trust in a winning formula even though tonight there was some very quiet contributors

Good to see us win a scrap and fight back from 25 points down.

Exciting times, on top the ladder and 50 more goals until Buddy reaches 1000.

Really impressed with the little 1 percenters from players like Warner, Gulden and McDonald.

Overall dream start to the season for the Swans, I don’t think anyone on here would have said we would be 4-0 to start the season!

While Bell was completely off the pace of the game tonight and is someone I don't think is up to the standard to play senior AFL football for a team challenging for a spot in the Top 8, when you see that he had 14 Pressure Acts in just over a half of football (7 players had more - Wicks led the team with 29, next best was Warner with 21 with Kennedy, Papley, Florent, Lloyd, Mills on between 19 and 16) you can see why the coaches keep giving him so many chances to bring his game together.

Yeah he's a frustrating player to watch. So much effort, just so often seems a quarter second off the pace and that makes all the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back