Review Dees v Dogs - the Good, Bad and Fugly - Woof! - Round 11, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Good

Didn't expect to win and we won.

Great team effort. Not many passengers.

Defence. Kept the highest scoring team to under 60. Amazing effort.

Clarry. He's surely Brownlow fave now.

Harmes. Great job on Libba. Tagging is his jam. Let him do it every week.

Petty. Thought he was great(besides his first kick). Have rated him since day 1. Just needs a run at it and we might start to see him blossom now.

Bad

Dropped marks. Been a theme all year tbh. Dogga especially. But Gawn was a culprit this game and Weid just couldn't clunk one.

Hunt. 7 disposals as an attacking linebreak defender isn't good enough. But I'd like to concentrate more on his defensive efforts next few weeks. i might be a little harsh focusing on 1 aspect of his game. But he needs to get up to 15 a game i would have thought.

Ugly

Umpiring decisions. Bloody lottery whether they will pay a htb or deliberate. It's ridiculous.

Our jumper. The fact we promoted our jumper all week and yet couldn't wear it was a joke.

Replacing Langdon. I got nothing..

Yeah I defended Hunt last week but he needs to be getting more of the ball than that.

I reckon he's building some good chemistry with trac. Quite often trac would win the ball and was always able to find oliver free. Starting to realise that all players don't need to go for the same ball.
If we can get Viney to learn that lesson too when he comes back, our midfield will be unstoppable.

Watched replay. Jordon goes under the radar doesn’t he? Very impressive for a 20yo. Good body positioning. Tackles with intent. Coach would love him.
Defensively he's very good, but I'm starting to get on TK's bandwagon about his ball use. Wasted it a bit even when he had time and space. Should get some more composure with experience.

Defensively he's very good, but I'm starting to get on TK's bandwagon about his ball use. Wasted it a bit even when he had time and space. Should get some more composure with experience.
It’s an improvement area but it’s not like he kicks it like Daniel Nicholson. Doing plenty right for a first year.

Has he threatened to lock you up in a cage in his lab and test make-up products on you if you didn't agree with him? Wink twice if yes.

I rate Jordan. His primary strength is his defensive game. Was involved in at least 2 goals this week. Has some patchy disposal at times but he seems like he'll get better.

Separate appreciation but Oliver has impressed the s**t out of me the last month. Last week's game aside, I'm noticing a lot more individual contests where he'll approach a loose ball with an opponent right on him, then BAM.

Collects, takes a couple long steps and is all if a sudden in space. He is scary good and hope he can keep improving.

Now that I'm sober still rapt with the win. We came to play and did well. Reckon dogs did themselves dirty by not attacking the corridor but it shows they're concerned by our game plan. Return game should be great, let's just hope it's at the G in front of a big crowd.

Kane copping heat for comparing Tracc and Clarry to Judd and Kerr but he’s come out swinging. Stats say our dynamic duo are on the same trajectory. Fk me I’m actually getting nervous about winning the pennant now. Like serious butterflies. Something strange and magical is happening right now at Melbourne. Im gunna say it - the stars appear to be aligning.

Collects, takes a couple long steps and is all if a sudden in space. He is scary good and hope he can keep improving.

Dramatic improvement in my opinion. Much better than the immediate handball. He usually collects it at speed, so seems to have realized he can use that to its rightful advantage.

I liked what Petty offered last night in defence. He is developing nicely back there. By no means the finished article but he looks a 150+ game defender in the making. Does not shirk contests.

Also, had no idea Steve May is part indigenous Aussie until post-game interview. Gee he speaks well. Absolute mongrel across the white line but ripper bloke off it.
He is from Darwin, he is trying real hard not to do Darwin talk you won't understand what he is saying

Always knew we would beat the dogs, they don't like pressure, why do teams lie down against the dogs, but always bring their best against the dees, eg north, saints. Just need to smash same teams, let the dogs off the hook in last QTR, but very good win, had plenty in the tank if we were really challenged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane copping heat for comparing Tracc and Clarry to Judd and Kerr but he’s come out swinging. Stats say our dynamic duo are on the same trajectory. Fk me I’m actually getting nervous about winning the pennant now. Like serious butterflies. Something strange and magical is happening right now at Melbourne. Im gunna say it - the stars appear to be aligning.

No wonder he copped it, it's ridiculous to make a statement like that and judge it purely on stats. If Oliver was a half decent kick then with the amount of ball he wins he'd be the best player in the comp. But he isn't, so as good as he is, he's not Judd or Kerr.

Can make an argument Trac is playing that level of football for sure, but it's not based on his stats but the way he does it.

No wonder he copped it, it's ridiculous to make a statement like that and judge it purely on stats. If Oliver was a half decent kick then with the amount of ball he wins he'd be the best player in the comp. But he isn't, so as good as he is, he's not Judd or Kerr.

Can make an argument Trac is playing that level of football for sure, but it's not based on his stats but the way he does it.

Yeah it's the lamest argument ever. You could likely find two dozen players in the past couple of years who have better stats than what's displayed in that graphic it's completely arbitrary.

you don't realize how good players are until they retire or the end of the season. He's leading the coaches votes by 11, clear favourite for the Brownlow, every indicator he's in the top few. His kicking has drastically improved and while it is still poor it's better than Petracca.
In a lot of factors where you'd think that Tracc would kill clarry in, Clarry is beating him or breaking even. Apart from Goals obviously.

1622443362614.png

1622443413898.png

1622443441518.png

you don't realize how good players are until they retire or the end of the season. He's leading the coaches votes by 11, clear favourite for the Brownlow, every indicator he's in the top few. His kicking has drastically improved and while it is still poor it's better than Petracca.
In a lot of factors where you'd think that Tracc would kill clarry in, Clarry is beating him or breaking even. Apart from Goals obviously.

View attachment 1142553

View attachment 1142556

View attachment 1142558

Trac goes for 20x harder kicks than Clarry (and can pull them off, see the kick to TMac last week and kick to Fritsch for opening goal vs Carlton) , don't be silly and look at kicking and disposal efficiency as the be all end all. It doesn't paint the whole picture.

GOH suspended again? Thats a REAL shame!
Respect where it's due, I'd love to be roaming wild on the mainboard hammering flogs and copping infractions too, just got to wait out my last batch of infractions before I join in the fun :)

Respect where it's due, I'd love to be roaming wild on the mainboard hammering flogs and copping infractions too, just got to wait out my last batch of infractions before I join in the fun :)

I don't like you getting suspended tho, there's a big difference.

Trac goes for 20x harder kicks than Clarry (and can pull them off, see the kick to TMac last week and kick to Fritsch for opening goal vs Carlton) , don't be silly and look at kicking and disposal efficiency as the be all end all. It doesn't paint the whole picture.
I'm not sure by that, would be interesting to see Champion Data's kicking efficiency stats which take into account difficulty of kick. I think it might be closer than expected.

I'm not sure by that, would be interesting to see Champion Data's kicking efficiency stats which take into account difficulty of kick. I think it might be closer than expected.

The only "difficult kicks" Clarry pulls off he doesn't mean, as he said on Gus and Max's podcast last week. All of them mate, pretty much completely out of his arse. 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back