Review Dees v Maggies - the Good, Bad & Fugly on Queens Birthday - Round 13, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

In what world was that even a slight issue today. Collingwood didn't nearly double our scoring shots because Ben Brown didn't play.
That’s not what he said

Awful performance, Selfish lazy football- okay to get beaten but to dish up that s**t on Neales day (Not Buckleys) is completely unacceptable. Can hardly give a pass mark to anyone on the day, maybe Jacko. The rest should donate their match payment to FightMND.

Last edited:
Man what a wild ride the last month of footy has been, that 1 point loss to the Crows, massive confident win against the Dogs, epic 2nd half to beat the Lions, and now...whatever you’d call that.

Almost need a week off watching the dees, taken it out of me. Massive second half of the season to come

Lacked energy from the start while Collingwood came to play. Credit to them they beat us all over the park.

Its hard mentally to get up and be at your week after week for the whole year. After the Richmond win the club gave the players 5 days off and then we were lacklustre against North.

I feel we are getting ourselves up for the big games (Bulldogs/ Brisbane) but taking it easier against games we should win (Adelaide/Collingwood) to ease the mental load on the players. We didn’t plan to lose we but I don’t think we prepared to be at our best.

skipped the last 10 minutes, boring game, s**t effort

22 passengers today, hard to pick out a positive spin.

midfield annihilated by a bunch of oldies past their prime. lightning quick low inside 50s to free men all day vs our useless bombing or kicking to the boundary in the pocket. one of those games where you really wonder what the * the game plan is.

anyone hating on weid didn't watch the game. the ball was never kicked anywhere even remotely decent for him, i'd hate to be a forward at melbourne. ben brown would have got even less of the ball.

pretty alarming we've been destroyed on the inside against two nothing teams in the last month, a clear blueprint of how to beat us and we didn't look like adjusting at all.

Petraccas worst game of the year I reckon. didn't go when he should have, bloke was already in holiday mode dont care what the stats say bloke wasn't his normal self.

Agree.

But I reckon this has been the norm for him this year....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pretty alarming we've been destroyed on the inside against two nothing teams in the last month, a clear blueprint of how to beat us and we didn't look like adjusting at all.

Disagree with this, Adelaide played bloody well and we weren't actually that bad. They played as well as they could possibly play.

Collingwood weren't that good, we were pathetic. Even our goals came from missed handballs or some luck. We didn't deserve to be within 5 goals of them at the end.

skipped the last 10 minutes, boring game, sh*t effort

22 passengers today, hard to pick out a positive spin.

midfield annihilated by a bunch of oldies past their prime. lightning quick low inside 50s to free men all day vs our useless bombing or kicking to the boundary in the pocket. one of those games where you really wonder what the fu** the game plan is.

anyone hating on weid didn't watch the game. the ball was never kicked anywhere even remotely decent for him, i'd hate to be a forward at melbourne. ben brown would have got even less of the ball.

The pr9vlem with weed is he isnt spotted in the good games either. Today I saw alot of s**t players. But at least i saw them. Can remember seeing weeds once. Dude is trash.

Blaming this loss on anything other than the midfield just not turning up is basically hysterical clutching for straws. Forwards didn’t have a chance all day and defenders got caught goal side of their opponent every time they entered. All the team defence in the world isn’t going to change just getting smacked for ball winning.

Disagree with this, Adelaide played bloody well and we weren't actually that bad. They played as well as they could possibly play.

Collingwood weren't that good, we were pathetic. Even our goals came from missed handballs or some luck. We didn't deserve to be within 5 goals of them at the end.

Agree here. Our worst game by far. And against the filth.

I'm ******* pissed. I don't often come in here. Losing to Collingwood ******* shits me.

Good luck to bucks going out on 2 wins what a mad campaigner.

Agree.

But I reckon this has been the norm for him this year....
a few times he could have went for marks in a 2 on 1 situation decided to stay down either pies marked it or won it at ground level with petracca having no impact on the contest. he's a good mark he'd usually try to impact the contest and still have a say at ground level. just smacked of I cbf today I've got the week off next. which is fair enough I go into holiday mode well early🤣🤣 was just annoying me knowing he couldn't be ****ed

go back to not playing either. why do we need to play either?
Can’t think of too many Premiership sides without a big tall full forward up front.

And before someone says TMac, he plays better as the secondary decoy, just as he did behind Hogan

Can’t think of too many Premiership sides without a big tall full forward up front.

And before someone says TMac, he plays better as the secondary decoy, just as he did behind Hogan

T Mac, Jackson and Fritsch is plenty tall, especially if Weid and Brown offer so little. An extra small or medium forward is fine by me, like earlier in the year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

ya missing Jacko or Gawn forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back