Review Geelong beat Doggies by 5 points and break their hearts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow!!!!! Standing in front of the tv way too close with hands on my head praying for a goal.
This is why I love footy!! I was distraught in the last 2 minutes thinking we had lost the opportunity to win a huge game

Right! And how many people with dogs in the room frightened the bejeezus out of it!
Had to tell mine....... listen mate you're just a dog on the losing side.

Gees I’ve seen a lot of after siren shots on goal for victories now.

gary Rohan vs footscray
touhy vs Melbourne
hawkins vs hawthorn
bartel vs hawthorn
riccardi vs carlton
brownless vs doggies
ablett vs nth.

A couple of others

Ken Newland 1972 v Coll - only kicked a point but it was enough - amazing game that - Geel were about 10 goals behind at h/time at KP and were last on the ladder or just about and Coll were on top of the ladder

And the best ever was probably round 1 1967 again against Coll at KP - Bill Ryan who was a terrific high flying CHF - but had a terrible ball drop - his kick after the siren missed - some Coll players were jumping for joy - weve won weve won - however the umpire said he went over the man on the mark - hes getting a 15 metre penalty and another kick - and he didnt miss with the 2nd one

View attachment 1158410
How is this even possible? I hardly seen him all night

Great question - who was Kolo's opponent? Kolodjashnij was pretty anonymous a lot of the night - I *did* see him punch the ball to the boundary a few times, and he did bodyline the ball when he had to when the ball was on the deck in our D50; he did that pretty well. Nevertheless I agree, if he covered 16+ K's in a game I'd have thought I'd have spotted him more regularly. Mark it down to a faulty GPS.

On Duncan, you could see him say ‘medial’ to someone when the cameras were on the ground post siren. Medial is better than PCL, yeah?

Depends on what he's done, medial strain? Yeah that's ok, torn? *... From my somewhat uneducated view, I reckon he'll be out 4-6 weeks with a strain.

A couple of others

Ken Newland 1972 v Coll - only kicked a point but it was enough - amazing game that - Geel were about 10 goals behind at h/time at KP and were last on the ladder or just about and Coll were on top of the ladder

And the best ever was probably round 1 1967 again against Coll at KP - Bill Ryan who was a terrific high flying CHF - but had a terrible ball drop - his kick after the siren missed - some Coll players were jumping for joy - weve won weve won - however the umpire said he went over the man on the mark - hes getting a 15 metre penalty and another kick - and he didnt miss with the 2nd one
I’ve seen the footage of the Ryan one. That ending was just pure madness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right! And how many people with dogs in the room frightened the bejeezus out of it!
Had to tell mine....... listen mate you're just a dog on the losing side.
Poor Gracie

1624023570795.gif

Gees I’ve seen a lot of after siren shots on goal for victories now.

gary Rohan vs footscray
touhy vs Melbourne
hawkins vs hawthorn
bartel vs hawthorn
riccardi vs carlton
brownless vs doggies
ablett vs nth.
Don't forget the one's where the opposition misses. I can think of Smith, Mundy, B.Johnson, Dixon?

Depends on what he's done, medial strain? Yeah that's ok, torn? fu**... From my somewhat uneducated view, I reckon he'll be out 4-6 weeks with a strain.

could also be meniscus, was the knee bent upon impact?? PCL injury is usually impact posterior displacement of the tibia on the femur which I am not sure I saw, so likely to be an MCL, but will know soon. Didn’t see the testing they were conducting or reactions of his face.

I don't think its a crazy comparison. Its not putting Enright down at all.
It's acknowledging how good Stewarts career may end up.

Enright played at an elite level for 10 years (at least) Stewart doesnt have his longevity covered yet..but if he keeps playing at this level for the rest of his career then he probably will..hes head and shoulders our best player on form right now.

On Duncan, you could see him say ‘medial’ to someone when the cameras were on the ground post siren. Medial is better than PCL, yeah?

Medial is generally less weeks out than a pcl so yes. But id imagine it depends what the scans show on monday.

could also be meniscus, was the knee bent upon impact?? PCL injury is usually impact posterior displacement of the tibia on the femur which I am not sure I saw, so likely to be an MCL, but will know soon. Didn’t see the testing they were conducting or reactions of his face.

Landed on it straight, didn't over extend or bend, could be a cartilage or impact injury perhaps?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back