Autopsy Rd 14 Loss: Here comes another one, just like the other one

Who played well for the Blues vs the Giants (Blues supporters only)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m really curious from the Ross fans how they think that is going to go?

Rule changes have made his game style even less effective. He tried to switch to an attacking game in his last year and his teams were slaughtered.

Our recruiting and list is focused more on attacking styles of play. Are we ready for another Malthouse style churning of the list if we bring Ross in?
Interesting you say that. He'll bring discipline straight off the bat. I remember an interview when he got to freo, he said only 6 players passed skinfold and ran the time trial in a time comparable to the previous year.
He couldn't believe the lack of standards. He also mentioned subtle things like coach and captains carpark, he got rid of that as a demonstration we're all equal in the pursuit.
Defense strategy and discipline is not existant.

Today I saw JSOS shake his head at a pass over his head from his co captain, on camera. That tells me where things are at.
first 2 minutes, cripps was defending players , pulling off oppos on his mates, which lasted 5 minutes.
Theres no mental stamina

Of course they do.

But we can't just bin 'em all, can we?

We have more problems than you can poke a stick at, but the players we have are the players we have. Lots of pain to come (hopeful as little as possible), but the constant kicking of the players is absolute rubbish.

And if we're not here to support them, then why are we here?
I get what you’re saying but when Toby Green can kick goals from 70 and SOS misses from 35 I think he hasn’t worked hard enough and is an entitled grifter
In lockdown I told my son he’d get a Nintendo game if he could put 10 kicks on my chest he was a crap kick he got his game
Then 50 kicks to get a new bike he hasn’t got it yet but he’s improving
I trained 7 days a week 3 times a day in non professional sport
Fevola was out on the weekends kicking for goal
Harry worked on his running in the off season
A couple of jobs I’ve worked at on Saturdays had locals games opposite I was surprised by the level of football I was very surprised by the level of football there where numerous footballers better than SOS
If you can’t kick you can’t football that’s how the game is now SOS can’t kick Doc can’t kick they can’t football that’s how I see the game
The reason I see him as an entitled delusional grifter is that I haven’t heard of him kicking 800 kicks on goal in his holidays and improving
If my 8 year old can improve with 300-400 then SOS is either stupid to not do this or a lazy grifter
I bet SOS hasn’t hired someone to retrieve balls and kicked 800 kicks on goals in his holidays so he is loser and can fu$ k off
Let’s get some one hungry in

thought we were in with a shot but wasn't surprised that we were never really in it. gws probably wrecked us as much as a slightly-less-poor side could.

given last years' slightly better showing you do have to question the fitness. the shorter quarters may have helped us stay with teams until the siren went.

think we'll see a few players in unusual positions to see if anything can be salvaged from their careers or trade value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mentally exhausted? over a ball sport? that you're not even participating in? do you think you might have deeper issues beyond carlton?

View attachment 1159152

Given you clearly have no idea what is going in said person’s life; I think this is an extremely condescending post.

You are underestimating the effect that a release and outlet like football has in some peoples lives and the subsequent attachment some people form.

Some people are doing it tough in life (especially now) and football is all they seemingly have control over.

Have a think about that from your ivory tower tonight.

He was well ahead of his time wasn’t he. He knew this was coming

Spoiler alert: he didn’t kill himself.

Juddy was right, we didn’t need a coach with training wheels, we needed a finisher.
Chris copped a ******* shellacking over that comment, but guess what, would anyone like to challenge Chris mutha ******* Judd on what he knows about football and how the game works?
Teague is done, I thought I’d never say this, but I think we should get Lyon if the Pies haven’t already put the paperwork in front his Manager.
Stanton giggling in the box is the worst thing I’ve seen in my 50 odd years of footy, that is ******* deplorable, and he played at my junior footy club and I was happy for him and his success in making the big time, but fu** that, it was amateur hour in our box and I ain’t giving one more red cent to my club whilst that type of sh*te happens.
Pull the bandaid now and give Lyon half a year to work the group out, we have loads of talent, clean a few out, bring in a few and at least will have a coach and system that doesn’t leak accountability and goals like Teagues shitty worldview.
Every week I think, “jeez, this mob ain’t that good, we have just as much talent on the ground or in the stables, what the fu** is going on”.
That’s the bloke in charge, I was on the Teague train, but I’ve pulled the pin on my carriage, my stop was the last station, I’ll walk home from here, see ya’s later, good luck to wherever that caboose takes ya’s!👍

Yeh it’s a weird one. I swore I didn’t want Lyon but he’s one who makes a bit of sense. Need a taskmaster coach who is desperate for success and is going to get the best out of the list we’ve put together.

He was strangely complimentary about our squad earlier in the year. Reckon he’s been angling.

I feel for ya. I'm pretty much the same.

There are some fundamentals in football. Irrevocable facts. 'You don't need to be the best player to be able to tackle, you need will' is one of them.

We have no will.

Jsos tried to rally the troops at times, but had another one of those 'almost' games. No one else seems capable of leading. I say that as a 100% proponent of giving Cripps the Captaincy. (not so sure about Doc, and not at all a fan of co-captaincy, it reeks of indecision.)
Jsos can’t football suburban footy at best

Mate you have Luka. If we don’t win this chip I will have to spend the next 20 years trying to figure why we didn’t draft him

Ayton has come good, and is only going to get better. Unlikely to ever be in the same category as Luka but is a perfect sidekick to Book.
We have Luka, but he’s not gonna stick around for years like Dirk did if we don’t become a legit contender soon.
Cuban can’t help getting in his own way - needs to stand down from operations and, to quote Ross Lyon, “let the cobblers do the cobbling.”

I get what you’re saying but when Toby Green can kick goals from 70 and SOS misses from 35 I think he hasn’t worked hard enough and is an entitled grifter
In lockdown I told my son he’d get a Nintendo game if he could put 10 kicks on my chest he was a crap kick he got his game
Then 50 kicks to get a new bike he hasn’t got it yet but he’s improving
I trained 7 days a week 3 times a day in non professional sport
Fevola was out on the weekends kicking for goal
Harry worked on his running in the off season
A couple of jobs I’ve worked at on Saturdays had locals games opposite I was surprised by the level of football I was very surprised by the level of football there where numerous footballers better than SOS
If you can’t kick you can’t football that’s how the game is now SOS can’t kick Doc can’t kick they can’t football that’s how I see the game
The reason I see him as an entitled delusional grifter is that I haven’t heard of him kicking 800 kicks on goal in his holidays and improving
If my 8 year old can improve with 300-400 then SOS is either stupid to not do this or a lazy grifter
I bet SOS hasn’t hired someone to retrieve balls and kicked 800 kicks on goals in his holidays so he is loser and can fu$ k off
Let’s get some one hungry in
Are you talking about JSOS? The rant was unclear. If so you’re mad. He’s the hardest working and number one one percenter players at the club and exceptional defensively. On the list of entitles grifters he’d be pretty low down

Back