List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, I think so. I just read this..

" If you've played for an AFL club in the past, or nominated for the draft in the past and went unselected, you can now choose the club you want to play for (assuming they want you) rather than entering the draft lottery. "
Yeh From AFL.com:

Previously-listed footballers who spent a season or more out of the game no longer have to go through a nerve-racking draft experience to find an AFL home again as a Category A rookie.

They can instead sign with a club in the pre-season supplemental selection period (SSP) between December 1 and March 15, after all the drafts are over.

Sier doesn't want to play AFL. I think he's made his choice and it's okay with me. If he likes playing with da boyz in the local league and getting 50 disposals each week, why not? He play basketball when he does his something and feel guilt-free.

And Sier did not. Shows where his head is at.
I'd consider Lonie, O'Brien, Gleeson and Cousins and Dumont. O'Brien was a high draft pick so if we're willing to take a chance, there's potential we pickup someone who never flourished at Carlton. Carlton has recommitted to taking him but that means very little now with the Greenwood Rule which overrode the existing agreement that no-one had the guts to break.

Sier doesn't want to play AFL. I think he's made his choice and it's okay with me. If he likes playing with da boyz in the local league and getting 50 disposals each week, why not? He play basketball when he does his something and feel guilt-free.
Yeah he doesnt have the commitment for AFL, that much is clear. He is best suited to local footy/VFL

Yeah, I think so. I just read this..
" If nominated for the draft in the past and went unselected, you can now choose the club you want to play for (assuming they want you) rather than entering the draft lottery. "
Unselected players who have not been on an AFL list prior don't seem to be able to be selected Jen under this rule
AFL.com: "However, what these rules still prevent is a player who was overlooked in the previous year's drafts, but has never been on an AFL list, signing for a club without nominating for the draft again".

Unselected players who have not been on an AFL list prior don't seem to be able to be selected Jen under this rule
AFL.com: "However, what these rules still prevent is a player who was overlooked in the previous year's drafts, but has never been on an AFL list, signing for a club without nominating for the draft again".
Unselected/overlooked in the draft = same thing. At least for first time draftees

Unselected/overlooked in the draft = same thing. At least for first time draftees
Sorry Jen, Confused :think: My point was exactly that, players under the new SSD rules who were not selected in a previous draft or been on a senior list had to nominate again Vrs players who had.

Last edited:
You assume GC are unhappy with this outcome. Perhaps they are mildly indifferent. Yes they lost a good player, but now they have more cash to retain better longer term players.

In their eyes either outcome could have been acceptable to them.
The playing group were very angry vocally about what happened. This is a doubled ended sword. GC are cooked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The playing group were very angry vocally about what happened. This is a doubled ended sword. GC are cooked.

The younger kids were upset. Because they didn’t understand what happened. The senior blokes were more understanding as they have been around abs understand the afl landscape.

Looks like bowes is now training with the midfield. Might not end up a terrible outcome after all if this is the result.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why would they be angry with the club? The club tried to keep the list together without sacking any of their mates - it was Greenwood who decided to walk.

Why would they be angry with the club? The club tried to keep the list together without sacking any of their mates - it was Greenwood who decided to walk.
This actually explains it pretty well.

I think its not a terrible outcome for both parties.

Its time we moved on from this Greenwood thing. Its done.

This actually explains it pretty well.

I think its not a terrible outcome for both parties.

Its time we moved on from this Greenwood thing. Its done.
Pretty awesome to have a list where you don't want to get rid of anyone.

Pretty awesome to have a list where you don't want to get rid of anyone.
Yeah.
They had the unfortuate of everyone being contracted. Yes it sucks Hugh's time ended the way it did, but to have that luxury, it can't be a bad thing especially for them given their rentention issues in the past.
They are forming a deep growing midfield, he would have ended up just being squeezed out sooner rather than later, so this is beneficial for both parties.

Yeah.
They had the unfortuate of everyone being contracted. Yes it sucks Hugh's time ended the way it did, but to have that luxury, it can't be a bad thing especially for them given their rentention issues in the past.
They are forming a deep growing midfield, he would have ended up just being squeezed out sooner rather than later, so this is beneficial for both parties.
The unfortunate part is that non expansion clubs are never able to get into this "dire" situation.

The AFL are certainly going over the top to allow these expansion clubs to buy a flag.

Is Ben Crocker any chance to be redrafted by Collingwood?

I know he has been a “nearly” player, but he’s the right age, plays a handy position, kicks the occasional goal, won Carlton reserves B&F, and is afl ready.
He seems to have been training with a few of our guys at Puls8 as well.

I was never really a fan in the past, and I reckon he’s a bit of a head case, but he may have some merit, perhaps as an SSP.

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back