Training 2022 Training Reports and General Club Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Gets to the point in time we just have to push on and live with it. How many more years can we keep hiding away from new variants destroying the economy and robbing people of their future

I'm struggling to recall the point in time when governments took responsibility for an individual's health away from the individual?! Governments are responsible for the health care system not an individual's health. Imagine if all the money that's been spent on vaccines had been spent on hospital infrastructure and staffing.....

I'm struggling to recall the point in time when governments took responsibility for an individual's health away from the individual?! Governments are responsible for the health care system not an individual's health. Imagine if all the money that's been spent on vaccines had been spent on hospital infrastructure and staffing.....
Interested to know how your health responsibility has been taken away from you?

Imagine if they hadn't.

A pandemic as serious as this doesn't really qualify as normal health routines.

I'm afraid thinking of vaccines for this particular pandemic as individual responsibility is in actual fact a premeditated attack on the public health system and the welfare of every individual on the planet.

Omicron isn't the first and it won't be the last.

Gets to the point in time we just have to push on and live with it. How many more years can we keep hiding away from new variants destroying the economy and robbing people of their future

Yeah so after two years of pain we just let the new variant rip through and kill 10s of thousands of people.

Can't see that being a winning political strategy. If there is a vaccine immune variant that kills then lockdowns will occur. You can't have a strong economy while that kind of variant is out of control in the community.

But I have got us off topic so leave it there.

It is not just about an individual's health, it is about the community's health.

Comes down to whether you value yourself more than your family, friends and neighbours.

Yeah so after two years of pain we just let the new variant rip through and kill 10s of thousands of people.

Can't see that being a winning political strategy. If there is a vaccine immune variant that kills then lockdowns will occur. You can't have a strong economy while that kind of variant is out of control in the community.

But I have got us off topic so leave it there.
Except that from all reports, other than being highly contagious, it is apparently a relatively benign virus most unlikely to kill 10s of thousands of Australians. In which case, lockdowns will remain a thing of the past.

Except that from all reports, other than being highly contagious, it is apparently a relatively benign virus most unlikely to kill 10s of thousands of Australians. In which case, lockdowns will remain a thing of the past.
Yes my comment wasn't about this particular variant, but a scenario where a vaccine immune variant that kills emerges.

Lockdowns will likely reappear.

Yes my comment wasn't about this particular variant, but a scenario where a vaccine immune variant that kills emerges.

Lockdowns will likely reappear.
If we keep running the state into the ground for the decades to come, as each time there is a new variant we lock down. Then we will see worse health outcomes for everyone anyhow. We need to move on and just live with it

If we keep running the state into the ground for the decades to come, as each time there is a new variant we lock down. Then we will see worse health outcomes for everyone anyhow. We need to move on and just live with it
I agree that nobody wants anymore lockdowns.
What about Flights from Southern Africa?
What about Quarantine upon arrival?
Do we also just accept everything & move on?
Post Covid life will always be different from Pre Covid life.

I agree that nobody wants anymore lockdowns.
What about Flights from Southern Africa?
What about Quarantine upon arrival?
Do we also just accept everything & move on?
Post Covid life will always be different from Pre Covid life.
There is absolutely no proof to say the strain is any worse. We have to rip the band aid off and get the show on the road

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have to learn to live with COVID/SARS variant for the next decade more than likely.
The vaccines are getting a lot smarter so the protection will be there for those who are willing to take them.
The people that don't want to get vaccinated are rolling the dice and a lot will die as in the next 3-5 years nearly everyone will be exposed to a COVID type of disease.
I am amazed that these non antiVaxers who are against mandates actually wear a seat belt and drive on the correct side of the road - although I could be wrong on that :).

There is absolutely no proof to say the strain is any worse. We have to rip the band aid off and get the show on the road
Unfortunately, until we address the economic disparity between those that have access to controlling the virus (vaccination is a huge issue), variants will continue to threaten our world. And what happens if one of these variants becomes a terrifying game-changer?

So
- Internationally we need to need to provide accurate information and comprehensive health care to all countries
Stop misinformation
Stop mistrust of government and media
- Nationally
Become immunised because it's not just about protecting our community now, it's about stopping the potential for these variants which affects everyone
This also links to misinformation (above) and why we have the Australian Code of Practice on Disinformation and Misinformation

Sorry mate, my elderly parents who have underlying health issues (and are double vaxxed) reject this approach. Even mild covid is dangerous...
So we just keep running the nation into the ground. Sounds reasonable to deprive everyone of an opportunity to make anything of their lives due to lockdown to protect the elderly

I’m confused. I thought I dropped into the preseason training thread but it appears to have been hijacked by a political debate over Covid and vaccination mandates. Can’t that be moved to another thread?
Apologies mate - I try not to but it’s such an important issue that is spread bc we don’t address blatant untruths or lack of understanding/ knowledge and ignoring it seems like supporting it

will try to refrain and agree the debate / discussion should be shifted to another thread and that thread titles should be about the football content that relates to it

So we just keep running the nation into the ground. Sounds reasonable to deprive everyone of an opportunity to make anything of their lives due to lockdown to protect the elderly
See, the focus is on lockdowns. Okay, let's promise never to lockdown ever again. But as a trade off, you have to wear a mask every time you leave your home. A simple measure, doesn't infringe in anyone's rights or freedoms, yet the same motherfroggers out protesting now, will be the same froggers protesting mask mandates. I don't want to live with restrictions. But I also want my parents to see my daughter grow into a beautiful young woman.

AND - the country is fine. Stop making it out as if we're ruined like, say, I don't know, Haiti or somewhere. We are doing so well that this 'woe is me' crap is embarrassing.

How did the boys look out on track today? Get little coverage of AFL in Townsville...

If we keep running the state into the ground for the decades to come, as each time there is a new variant we lock down.

I think Roughy should continue to lockdown to reduce the threat, but Moore should player a more zoning off role. It'd be nice idf we had a small defender who could lockdown and give us that option when necessary. But if we lockdown too much, we won't get as many scoring opportunities.

We have to learn to live with COVID/SARS variant for the next decade more than likely.
The vaccines are getting a lot smarter so the protection will be there for those who are willing to take them.
The people that don't want to get vaccinated are rolling the dice and a lot will die as in the next 3-5 years nearly everyone will be exposed to a COVID type of disease.
I am amazed that these non antiVaxers who are against mandates actually wear a seat belt and drive on the correct side of the road - although I could be wrong on that :).
Can’t wait for Jen’s training report.

The virus does more damage to health than lockdowns. The virus does more damage to the economy than lockdowns. Sick and dying people are costly and ultimately reduce economic output and damage the economy.

Those countries (and States) that have controlled the virus have had stronger economies. The best way to strengthen your economy is to control the virus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back