Preview Sydney Swans vs Geelong Cats, Friday March 25 @ 7:50pm, SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If it is a mudbath- we need to keep it simple. We can’t allow those skidding goals or goals out the back of pack that always seems to plague us in the wet. Reckon Gulden would go pretty well, excellent set of hands and low centre of gravity.

Why?

He didn't play in Melbourne for the first month last season either.
What has last year got to do with this year ? He supposedly has had the best preseason he has had in years and does not appear to be carrying an injury so why can’t he get on a plane for an hr and play in Melbourne next week if he is not injured ? So after the first month of the season he’s good to go in Melbourne ? Or is he good to go once the 1000th is done and dusted at the SCG ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My man Gus goes out - a bit sad, but fair enough. Hope to see him back soon (but not because someone else is injured!).

But I am really, really happy to see Stephens retain his spot. I think we're witnessing a very good player emerging.
He will have to play very good this week cause jmac will walk back in

What has last year got to do with this year ? He supposedly has had the best preseason he has had in years and does not appear to be carrying an injury so why can’t he get on a plane for an hr and play in Melbourne next week if he is not injured ? So after the first month of the season he’s good to go in Melbourne ? Or is he good to go once the 1000th is done and dusted at the SCG ?

Why are you so desperate to see him play in Melbourne? He's a 35 year old athlete who had a slow first game back. Why push him to go down to Melbourne to play in Round 3?

My man Gus goes out - a bit sad, but fair enough. Hope to see him back soon (but not because someone else is injured!).

But I am really, really happy to see Stephens retain his spot. I think we're witnessing a very good player emerging.
We'll need everyone at the their best tomorrow to win. Cats play the SCG very well.

True, but that could have been because he hadn't played or trained much the previous 2 seasons

He played chunk of a pre-season game against GWS in pre-season, granted more than last year, but it's not as if he came out of the blocks in ripping form. I just don't understand the motivation to push him to travel and play a tough game against the Dogs if we don't need him to.

Buddy won’t play next week if he doesn’t get the 1000 tomorrow night. They want it at the SCG

Yeah not quite sure why that's so shocking to some people. It's not like he's the best player in the side anymore so we're not exactly jeopardising our chances against the Dogs by resting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back