Universal Love AFLW GRAND FINAL v Melbourne - Adelaide Dynasty Confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt Erin will go to Port next year and I'm completely fine with that.

The reality is that she's turning 37 in a couple of weeks and she's not been the same player since her knee injury.
She's in large part responsible for our first 2 premierships, feels like we could have done this one without her.

Been an incredible player for us and if she wants to go to Port for obvious reasons then I wish her well too.

Outstanding result today. The girls, coaches and club deserve enormous credit. This is the equivalence of the 2000s Brisbane men’s dominance.

I suspect it might be the last for a while. We will get raided by expansion clubs. VFL will look to get some success in Melbourne. It’s going to be tough from here on, so making the most of it while we could was critical

22 free kicks to 11

Jesus, how predictable was that.
Never in doubt, still not enough to carry Daisy to a flag though.

Melbourne received more free kicks than they scored points.

Huh? The overall effort was outstanding. Did you watch the game?
Never said the effort wasn’t there it’s always there, for anyone who’s followed and watched every game and attended a fair number of games including today like myself you’d know it’s been a constant battle for the team to contribute more as a collective rather just have 3-4 standout players pulling the rest along, there was a big effort made earlier in the season to be less reliant on the star players and the results followed and they won in different ways with different contributors which complimented the standard Marinoff and Hatchard dominance.

That’s what I was saying today much like last week they fell into some bad habits at times with some of the the team looking for Hatchard, Marinoff, Phillips and the like to do it all for them. Still good enough to win the flag and it sure beats not having enough contributors and losing like last year.

Also lol at Melbourne’s tactics when they needed at least 2 goals in 8 minutes and they continued to drop their half backs deep in defence and have chip scab Birch still standing in the goals square with no one within 20 metres of her 😂

Just on the crowd - the "53,000" in 2019 wasn't a genuine figure. It was free, with no tickets required. There were hardly any people working on the turnstiles - punters were walking in from the street for a look, and walking out again, and then coming back again. At no stage were the top stands at capacity. The crowd figure of 53,000 was based on turnstile numbers and guessing.

15k on a Saturday at midday when it costs money in a pandemic is fine. If the Dees hosted it at Princes Park and they got 15k it'd look full and be the greatest achievement of all time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I look forward to Erin going to Port, them not winning, and their fans inventing some abstract reason as to why her time at the Crows had a negative affect on it all. Something about franchises and creeds. You can bookmark this post.

It was so bad, I'm pretty sure Dee's had 6 free kicks to nothing in the first 5 minutes of the game. Umps doing everything they could for Daisy to get her premiership.
I listened to the last quarter on the radio. Wildy and Jenny Williams. Not too bad.

Wildy said about a holding the ball not being called “gee they’re paying some today, not paying others. It’s very inconsistent.”

It was actually pretty consistent. Just depended on which team was doing the tackling.

Having such a lop sided free kick in favour of the team that was chasing the game is very very unusual.

I listened to the last quarter on the radio. Wildy and Jenny Williams. Not too bad.

Wildy said about a holding the ball not being called “gee they’re paying some today, not paying others. It’s very inconsistent.”

It was actually pretty consistent. Just depended on which team was doing the tackling.

Having such a lop sided free kick in favour of the team that was chasing the game is very very unusual.

Yep, especially when we also had more tackles for most of the game and ended with 1 less.

HTB and throws
Did my head in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back