Opinion Changes GWS V Bulldogs Saturday 18/6/22

Remove this Banner Ad

We know Schache can play defensive forward. Put him on Sam Taylor's arse so Naughton get a little bit of breathing room. JUH third tall.

betterthan.jpg

Three tall forwards. All lefties. And 3 different hair styles.

Now just need JUH and Schache to wear head bands.

And JJ probably forward too. Potent on paper - hopefully translates onfield.

I'm tipping us by 55-70.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've gone tall which means it will likely turn out wet and windy.
We all know how it works.
If it's wet, English and JUH to the wings, Schache ruck, Naughton and smalls forward!

Or being serious, push both JUH and Schache out to half forward, and leave Naughton one out playing from the square.

All 3 tall forwards are mobile, Naughton good defensively and at ground level, hopefully the other 2 follow his lead.

Decent changes, which usually means few melts and a loss lol

Sweet in for McComb would have been about perfect from what we have available
Disagree, that would be way too tall. There's no reason we need 3 tall defenders, 3 tall forwards and 2 rucks. If you want to bring Sweet in, then it would be at the expense of Schache or JUH.

The structure this week looks right to me.

Disagree, that would be way too tall. There's no reason we need 3 tall defenders, 3 tall forwards and 2 rucks. If you want to bring Sweet in, then it would be at the expense of Schache or JUH.

The structure this week looks right to me.
It’s not really though - we’re just so conditioned to that mindset imo. I feel there’d be teams getting around that tall right now. Would be happy to go short in defence if we did have Sweet in though. I think this was the week to go Sweet considering Pruess and Flynn are both good real ruckmen, probably at the expense of Shache but he deserved a gig too.

Either way can’t have it all and this is a big step in the right direction, with natural, genuine tall forwards in the forward line - shock horror. Schache will probably get a bath in the ruck but not as bad as Cordy/Hannan/Buku. Let’s keep it this way for at the very least a month please, no chopping and changing week in week out

It’s not really though - we’re just so conditioned to that mindset imo. I feel there’d be teams getting around that tall right now. Would be happy to go short in defence if we did have Sweet in though. I think this was the week to go Sweet considering Pruess and Flynn are both good real ruckmen, probably at the expense of Shache but he deserved a gig too.

Either way can’t have it all and this is a big step in the right direction, with natural, genuine tall forwards in the forward line - shock horror. Schache will probably get a bath in the ruck but not as bad as Cordy/Hannan/Buku. Let’s keep it this way for at the very least a month please, no chopping and changing week in week out
Which teams play 3 tall defenders, 3 tall forward and 2 genuine rucks?

No one he is just obsessed with Sweet and can't workout this is our best structured team until Bruce is back in the next 2 weeks
Our best structured team is probably the one currently picked but Bruce replacing Schache. I wonder if the club is comfortable with Bruce taking the backup ruck duties following his ACL? Otherwise we'd then need to see Schache remain at the expense of Jamarra.

No one he is just obsessed with Sweet and can't workout this is our best structured team until Bruce is back in the next 2 weeks

Then it’s either JUH or Schache out unless….

You below to the Naughton to CHB crowd and then you could drop OBrien IF Schache & JUH are going well. Having Naughton and Keith intercepting at CHB would be a weapon…. (Although I want him forward, as I don’t think both Scahche and JUH will fire).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back