Preview Changes: R15 vs North Melbourne, Sunday June 26, 12.40pm ACST in Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Nicks has finally caught on, who says Coaches know best?

But seriously, this is an admission they ducked up selection.....again

This also makes it hard for Crouch to come back in doesn't it if Keays and Laird aren't injured.
Best news I have had all week.

COVID finally got us, to the extent I didn't even know it was selection/melt day yesterday.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So who else is out. Assume we wont take 25 with us. One more to drop out Maybe Himmelberg. Jones and Hinge fighting out for 23rd spot and emergency

Making SANFL something like

F GOLLANT HIMMELBERG NANKERVIS
HF WRIGHT MCASEY PEDLAR
C NEWCHURHCH CROUCH COOK
HB SHOLL WORRELL MACPHERSON
B BROWN FRAMPTON BORLASE
RUCK STRACHAN TAYLOR BOYLE
INTER DAVIS HALL SMITHSON TEMPLESTON.

So who else is out. Assume we wont take 25 with us. One more to drop out Maybe Himmelberg. Jones and Hinge fighting out for 23rd spot and emergency

Making SANFL something like

F GOLLANT HIMMELBERG NANKERVIS
HF WRIGHT MCASEY PEDLAR
C NEWCHURHCH CROUCH COOK
HB SHOLL WORRELL MACPHERSON
B BROWN FRAMPTON BORLASE
RUCK STRACHAN TAYLOR BOYLE
INTER DAVIS HALL SMITHSON TEMPLESTON.
I'm pretty confident Himmelberg will play as the back up ruck.

I was watching the Demons play last night and it occurred to me why we persist with McHenry, Murphy, and Rowe. It's an attempt to do what the Dees are doing with Pickett, Spargo, and ANB. The only thing is they all kick goals and are effective around the ground. What's the point of attempting a particular game style when you don't have the personel. We can't play them as high up the ground as Melbourne do because we aren't good enough yet. They might be more effective deeper. Maybe.

I was watching the Demons play last night and it occurred to me why we persist with McHenry, Murphy, and Rowe. It's an attempt to do what the Dees are doing with Pickett, Spargo, and ANB. The only thing is they all kick goals and are effective around the ground. What's the point of attempting a particular game style when you don't have the personel. We can't play them as high up the ground as Melbourne do because we aren't good enough yet. They might be more effective deeper. Maybe.
I would love to listen to a backline coach of the opposition team when they look at our FWD line.

"Boys, if you come up against any of these 3 guys, zone off.... Like waaaaaaaaaaay off. Essentially just stand in front of Tex, cause your man's certainly not kicking any snags"

This also makes it hard for Crouch to come back in doesn't it if Keays and Laird aren't injured.

Happy look excited.gif

Now for the trade discussions of Crouch .....late 2nd round is my guesstimate

franco-cozzo-sale.gif

Unless we lose! But hopefully you are right

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hopefully, Hately back into the Midfield .....Crouch really threw a spanner in our midfield setup

Apart from Schoenberg, you'd expect Hinge back, to allow Dawson to a Wing .....both players role interchangeable, if required

Valid question. The simple answer is that our coaches have a rigid structure they want to play to, regardless of the fact that they don’t have the players in the squad that can play to that structure.

View attachment 1431334

Now for the trade discussions of Crouch .....late 2nd round is my guesstimate

franco-cozzo-sale.gif
I mentioned this in the Trade Rumour thread. Offer him to West Coast for the 1st pick in the 3rd round. Their list is shockingly top heavy, full of aging and breaking/broken down former flag stars. I mean they've almost snuck up into the Geelong category.

Got a feeling their pain has only just begun too, wouldn't be surprised if 5 of their premiership players retire in the next 2 offseasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mentioned this in the Trade Rumour thread. Offer him to West Coast for the 1st pick in the 3rd round. Their list is shockingly top heavy, full of aging and breaking/broken down former flag stars.

Got a feeling their pain has only just begun too, wouldn't be surprised if 5 of their premiership players retire in the next 2 offseasons.
WCE would be a good suitor, given their love of slow left footed Midfielders

I mentioned this in the Trade Rumour thread. Offer him to West Coast for the 1st pick in the 3rd round. Their list is shockingly top heavy, full of aging and breaking/broken down former flag stars. I mean they've almost snuck up into the Geelong category.

Not sure Crouch himself would find West Coast a particularly enticing prospect. If we're pushing him out, I suspect he'd insist on a Vic club.

Key word being..

Premiership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back