Preview Round 17 v Gold Coast Carrara Saturday 9th July 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFL boy's club are not stupid.
Raced O'Gorman in.
Cats on top of the ladder now.
5 years of Shocking rule changes have made their result.

CFL
if sneak 4th scats will be shitting themselves

This be a real solid win without Cotch, Dusty and Lambert out of of our midfield

Reckon we can smash the wings tho
Pickett and McIntosh with dominate Brando and Sharp

Not unlike when we beat poot without cotch jack dance and dusty

FMD....

If we are to continue to evolve and grow, how do we keep going back to Aarts over anyone of Sonsie Dow Cumberland RCD Brown or Clark

Because we see ourselves as a flag chance in 12-weeks time and Aarts form at VFL level over recent games has been far better and more consistent than any of those players you mentioned. We may not like it, but purely on VFL form he should clearly be selected ahead of those players you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Our list is in piss poor shape if Miller and Aarts are 2 inclusions on top of the likes of Ross & Castagna

We are missing Cotchin, Balta, Martin, Lambert and Vlastuin. That’s arguably 5 of our best dozen players. Take 5 of any teams best dozen out and there’ll be some spuds playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are missing Cotchin, Balta, Martin, Lambert and Vlastuin. That’s arguably 5 of our best dozen players. Take 5 of any teams best dozen out and there’ll be some spuds playing.

Surely we need to stop including Lambert, hes more cooked than Edwards and Jack. Also we use Balta as a 3rd tall forward/2nd ruck which is a role he is average at best at. I reckon we cover these outs comfortably. Break anywhere near even in the middle and we put a margain on them. Rankine out makes their forward line look average.

Clearly the development part of the season is coming to an end as we ramp up for finals. We've given a raft of kids a taste/extended run but the aim now is to have proven performers in the side by time September rolls around.

I think the only kid likely to play come finals is Maurice and that will come down to how he goes against the likes of Aarts/Castagna.

Depending on injuries we may still get a glimpse of kids like Sonsie and Cumberland, but it's unlikely they get more than 2-3 games Depending on when they get the call up.

OK I'm not an Aarts fan, but I said last week he would be more valuable than George as he gives us the extra midfield option with his small forward prowess. George isn't required and we would be better off with a Sonsie or Cumberland to increase our mid/forward rotations. Our team looks horribly slow and Edwards is lucky we have so many outs as carrying him to 300 has been verging on diabolical to our season. Miller has earnt his spot with Aarts IMHO and we can only reward players on form , but selectors have not been true to their words by playing George and Sheds. I don't get the Ross hate as he's stepped up this year and his game against the ladder leaders in Geelong was excellent. I rate players on how they perform against the top sides and not what they do against bottom sides like WCE, Bombers and so on.

The Orange People have some solid outs too; it is their B grade forward line, expect it will not function that well. Witts has to do a lot of heavy lifting in the ruck and is tiring as the season winds on.

It is crucial that we don't give them easy shots through 50 m penalties. A little problematic due to Da boy being in the house. Has a feeling that he doesn't like Vlastuin, one less Tiger for him to penalise 6-7 times.

Because we see ourselves as a flag chance in 12-weeks time and Aarts form at VFL level over recent games has been far better and more consistent than any of those players you mentioned. We may not like it, but purely on VFL form he should clearly be selected ahead of those players you mentioned.

No selection should be about players that have some decent form, but have AFL traits that might surface further when playing at a higher level. Aarts has been found wanting in that regard time and time again. I guess it would have meant that Hardwick had to back in a young player, god forbid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back