List Mgmt. List Management: Which players will retire or be delisted/traded? Poll

Which players will retire or be delisted?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We might as well trade him and pay half the salary, because he won't be playing seniors again, our young players have gone past him.

You want to trade Castagna? Apparently he’s the worst footballer ever but you reckon another team will want him?

You want to trade Castagna? Apparently he’s the worst footballer ever but you reckon another team will want him?
Really does make you scratch your head when Castagna gets rubbished as being useless but come trade time the wish lists come out hoping that we can get a second round pick for him.

Really does make you scratch your head when Castagna gets rubbished as being useless but come trade time the wish lists come out hoping that we can get a second round pick for him.

It's the Luke McGuane syndrome, which morphed into the Oleg Markov syndrome.
Move them on, but worthy of a first or high second pick :)
A throwback to the days of you give us your Superstar, we'll give you Allister Scott, Mark McQueen, Simon Dennis and Ty Esler and a third round pick.

It's the Luke McGuane syndrome, which morphed into the Oleg Markov syndrome.
Move them on, but worthy of a first or high second pick :)
A throwback to the days of you give us your Superstar, we'll give you Allister Scott, Mark McQueen, Simon Dennis and Ty Esler and a third round pick.
At least someone took McGuane and Markov lol

I just can't see anyone taking Castagna. He will be a Tiger next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delist: Martyn, Aarts
Retire: Edwards, Lambert, Parker
Trade: RCD

Players I want to keep but may go, Stack, Mansell and Nyuon.
Martyn has looked ok off half back in the VFL. Mansell adds toughness and agree with the rest, they can all go. We'll lose nothing.

I don't see the point in delisting Aarts/Castagna/RCD we have enough de-listing/retirements already we don't need to cut furhter into the depth they are solid 25th 26th players and contribute heavily to our VFL side

I don't see the point in delisting Aarts/Castagna/RCD we have enough de-listing/retirements already we don't need to cut furhter into the depth they are solid 25th 26th players and contribute heavily to our VFL side

Rather get new kids from thr system or mature ages from the Wafl ,Sanfl etc tried and proven not up to it why clog the list with them.

I haven’t actually seen enough of Will Martyn to have a strong opinion but I’ve seen him do some very nice things in practice matches and vfl games. Seems harsh to delist when his career was basically all throughout covid.

I hope they keep Mansell, love his attitude and toughness.

Will be super interesting to see if they keep RCD. My gut feel is that he will go. He does eye catching things but just not enough and he just doesn’t look like a natural footballer and isn’t a good runner for the top level. He was always speculative and the gamble didn’t pay off this time. It’s a harsh reality professional sport.

I haven’t actually seen enough of Will Martyn to have a strong opinion but I’ve seen him do some very nice things in practice matches and vfl games. Seems harsh to delist when his career was basically all throughout covid.

I hope they keep Mansell, love his attitude and toughness.

Will be super interesting to see if they keep RCD. My gut feel is that he will go. He does eye catching things but just not enough and he just doesn’t look like a natural footballer and isn’t a good runner for the top level. He was always speculative and the gamble didn’t pay off this time. It’s a harsh reality professional sport.

I think with Martyn, he has been moved to half back in the VFL team. There is no way he can make an AFL level half back he is just not fast enough or a damaging ball user. So it does seem to indicate he is on death row, sadly for him. 😩

You just hope when they are delisting they remember which one is Martyn and which one is Martin. 😁

RCD I can see your point.
We don't need solid 25th and 26th options who are 27 and 28 next year with absolutely no upside.
The very definition of a list clogger.

RCD gawn. Martyn gawn.

Aarts I can see getting re-rookied and just used purely as midfield depth. He's actually not bad when on-ball and might be handy as a two-game playing depth option who spends most of the year coaching kids in the VFL.

But then again, not gonna lose sleep if he's delisted.

Edwards retire.

Jack stays on.

Cotch stays on.

Ryan two years, Stack one, Mansell one.

Soldo maybe to the Dogs who have come calling before.

Castagna is unsellable.

Back