List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2022 superstar edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players -

When will the news on the delistings start to filter through? Assuming Nic, Junior and Bailey are automatic signings, there are still 10 on the list whose futures at the club are uncertain

Not until the WAFL has wrapped up. Still 2 games to be played

I’ve heard Simpson say there’ll be players who’ve missed a bit of footy that’d be available for WAFL without specifying who

O’Neill for one has said he’d be keen to play, not that he’s in danger of being delisted since he’s contracted
I'm just wondering if we can work out delistees from the WAFL selections.

Me personally, pretty pissed for how the season panned out and we didn’t have to lose Robertson. He should have been playing instead of Lyons.

But we haven’t played him, and it’s a situation of our own making, so I understand in a pragmatic way.

The Lions board in general will be at Spinal Tap levels.

26 would go down much better, but it’d still be a waste.
It is a little hard to expect a higher pick for a player that cannot get in the team. If it was a 2021 draftee, fine.

Deven was drafted in 2019 so has had 3 years on the list. When Mathieson gets games ahead of Robertson, you cannot expect anything but a negative return on the initial investment. He was captain of the team that Warner, Jackson, Rivers, Sharp, etc. I suggest your club has wasted a good resource. Rivers and Jackson have premiership medallions, Jackson and Warner are in the best 22 under 22 team, .......

Robertson has 22 games of which I suspect a high portion are as a sub.

I would say we're either throwing out some red herrings to cloak our intentions in case an option to split comes, or we have talked to them (along with everyone else) and it's what these two journos have picked up. So it could be "I know they talked to Bussy, therefore they are into him" without considering they have talked to 30 other players.

Our own false flag operation! I like it!

Interesting that Essendon delisted mature-age midfielder Garrett McDonagh just one year after taking him in the National Draft.

Similar situation to Clark (although I don’t think McDonagh ever debuted) - mature age draftees may not have gotten the standard two-year contract.

Interesting that Essendon delisted mature-age midfielder Garrett McDonagh just one year after taking him in the National Draft.

Similar situation to Clark (although I don’t think McDonagh ever debuted) - mature age draftees may not have gotten the standard two-year contract.

As if Essendon think the rules apply to them

Or know that there are actual rules

Last edited:
The reason I can see Busslinger coming to us is, Exit interviews Harry edwards is told to put on 8 kg of muscle, you are going to be used as a defender/ruck. Now i know my rucks through a decade plus of coaching, Edwards with some mass could be very good ruck, Same body work as in the backline just tapping out instead of punching, now CBA he gets and advantage because the boy can jump + long arms. Edwards goes into the ruck would leave Barrass and Bazzo without busslinger ( excluding mcgovern because the best kind of ability is availability)

we had a group of 5 recruiters at the nab games last weekend

* they must've had to call in reinforcements from the next 3 towns over to cover the pastry requirements.

West Coast (and Geelong) the only 2 clubs who haven’t spoken to Sheezel at this stage.

Post on the North Melbourne draft thread. Implying inside knowledge rather than any source

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give me ANY evidence that Gov would be a better option than Williams/Jameson as a Back up ruck?
The most amount of Hitouts he has ever had is 13 in one game in 2017. Even just doing ruck duties in the backline as a chop out he only ever taken maybe one-two contests a game MAX.

We already have Waterman, Allen, Darling, Cripps, Rioli, Ryan and Petch as Forwards, We don't need Gov down there.
How could he be worse as a stop gap measure,even if its til one of them is good enough
He reads the play well ,would be a real assest with his marking ,kicking,and positioning anywhere on the ground

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Post on the North Melbourne draft thread. Implying inside knowledge rather than any source
Yo, this was my post. It’s second hand information, I work with several friends of his father (work in Toorak, many people of the faith in the area and the community is very tight knit. Sheezel is almost already a celebrity around there. He defs already is amongst school kids). But yeah, second hand info and I don’t personally know Sheezel myself.

You're nowhere near as clever as you think you are.
the-batman-the-riddler.gif

It is a little hard to expect a higher pick for a player that cannot get in the team. If it was a 2021 draftee, fine.

Deven was drafted in 2019 so has had 3 years on the list. When Mathieson gets games ahead of Robertson, you cannot expect anything but a negative return on the initial investment. He was captain of the team that Warner, Jackson, Rivers, Sharp, etc. I suggest your club has wasted a good resource. Rivers and Jackson have premiership medallions, Jackson and Warner are in the best 22 under 22 team, .......

Robertson has 22 games of which I suspect a high portion are as a sub.
Mate, I’m not arguing the pick or anything here. You don’t have to try and convince me of anything, or explain anything to me.

I’ve said it all on our board for two years.

That’s why I’ll be p!ssed off.

“That's not tagged. Except I did just notice the North logo top left. What's that all about? Ok, got it. Looks like it is linked to his account. Looks like he films this himself.”

When you quote a post from an oppo board remove everything after “Quote” at the beginning so it looks like

Then make sure it ends with

Then it’ll be sweet as it means they’re not alerted to it here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back