Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure clark can scare off hawthorn. Very different to scaring off interstate clubs. But time will tell.
I'd put money on Hawks pouncing. But we can also live trade up on the night and get GC pick 5 potentially.

But tbh, Clark is just one of a number of great prospects and even if he goes to Hawks or earlier, there will be some serious quality available at our pick.

He may not even be our top preference. Who knows.

Which is why him not choosing us gave us the cash, picks, and opportunity to land Bowes, Henry, and Bruhn respectively.
The reason he didn't choose Geelong in the first place was because the Cats wouldn't pay him what he wanted. Same reason why Grundy didn't choose Geelong. The Cats would never have paid them inflated contracts to begin with.

We will split Pick 7 with someone like GWS for two late first rounders which will be on traded for Henry and Bruhn. Our future 2nd Round will go to Gold Coast for Bowes and pick 7. So essentially we receive Henry, Bruhn and Bowes for our future 2nd round pick! And we keep our 2022 and 2023 first round picks. Genius.
It's really not. Picks after 10 this year are not rated highly (next year is a different story).

Our needs to ensure we are still humming after 2024 and the retirements that will happen mean we need that pick 7 and the talent that will be selected.

It would be utterly stupid to split it. We have enough capital to do the other deals (GWS FF1, Pies, F1, bundle this years picks into an FF2, and give GC one of the FF2s we have).

A reminder that this was only 11 days ago.

Fun ride, hey?

View attachment 1527515

Thanks for the reminder, might chuck on the replay again!!

I listened to the 20 goals being called by MMM, not the best callers in Howie, Browne, Darcy and Dunstall, but hearing the roar of the crowd as each goal went through was awesome.

Ollie Henry and Tanner Bruhn = Two 1sts
Jack Bowes + Pick 7 = Future 2nd

Tiggies thinking we're rigging the game, when they're rigging the game against themselves = Priceless

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I hope GWS treat them the same way they treated us with Cameron. Hopper is worth 2 first round picks or GTFO. Good luck to Richmond trying to find those picks.

Scott is going to have to get creative to manage the younger cohort. How do we get enough games into Bruhn, Henry, Dempsey, Neale, Stephens so they are happy and progressing and not brooding discontented in the twos as the Premiership heroes play on.I think Knevitt and Conway are probably ok, as they need more time.

We need these guys to take over in two years.

Next year is going to be a very tricky transition year.

This is the big challenge he faces in rebuilding the list now.

I love that he is coming to us, but the real value here is the absolute salt flowing from every other clubs fanbase right now, it's just glorious.
And to think that if Richmond wasn't prepared to overpay for Hopper that none of this would be possible.
Thank you, Richmond. Thank you for fast tracking our future off the back of a premiership win. XOXOXO

The reason he didn't choose Geelong in the first place was because the Cats wouldn't pay him what he wanted. Same reason why Grundy didn't choose Geelong. The Cats would never have paid them inflated contracts to begin with.
I think Melb have taken a huge risk getting Grundy ( with his injury concerns ) and 5 years remaining on that big contract

Grundy his best football might be behind - it will be interesting how he plays for the Demons - because o/head marking isnt really his strong point

I'd put money on Hawks pouncing. But we can also live trade up on the night and get GC pick 5 potentially.

But tbh, Clark is just one of a number of great prospects and even if he goes to Hawks or earlier, there will be some serious quality available at our pick.

Clark was a preferred option provided Bowes (and Pick 7) landed at Geelong.

The club and Selwood (mentoring) have invested time into Jhye already. Strong links and Geelong are very impressed with him and see him as a natural leader.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clark was a preferred option provided Bowes (and Pick 7) landed at Geelong.

The club and Selwood (mentoring) have invested time into Jhye already. Strong links and Geelong are very impressed with him and see him as a natural leader.
Clubs know that if they pick up players with strong links to Geelong, after 2 years, they may very well just ask to come back home. It's becoming a bit of a trend. The go home factor. Even if Clark is taken at 6 by the Hawks, two years of development by a middling team will have him nice and ready to trade over to a premiership contender. And in 2 years time we will have a fair bit of cash to splash.

They do have a lot of those inside types though. I remember a big critique of their list this year was how many one paced sub 185cm midfielders they had. Granted they're trading out Mitchell, but they've still got Newcombe and Ward who are both pretty similar types to Clark.

If I was Hawthorn I'd be going after Phillipou, reckon they need that classy difference maker rather than another inside bull.

Maybe.
Remember if we split 7 now so long as we keep our future 1st we can still trade up on the night.
Eg 12 and bruhn for 7.
Then on the night if you want to target a player who is there you can always offer 12 and future 1st to get back in the top 10, if whoever we want is sliding just take them at 12 anyway and keep the future 1st.
Not saying we should just saying it shouldnt be ruled out.
Will depend on whether our recruiters think theres a clear top 7 then a drop off or even first 15-that will determine if we are willing to split 7 or not
Every draft pundit has stated there's quite a severe drop off this year.

Next year is apparently a good one.

Pick 7 needs to stay with us and used on whoever is in the top 10. That draftee becomes super important in 2024.

I reckon we go hard at pick 3 as part of the Bruhn deal. GWS won’t be as wed to a podium pick as others given their history. Make it happen SW/AM.
17 other clubs will have a major bowell movement if Geelong conjured a deal and landed Pick 7.

There's already enough Geelong conspiracy theories floating around that have them convinced we're up to no good.

Do you guys reckon pick 7 could be traded to the Pies for Henry and the Human Highlight Reel, Mason Cox? From what I've been told, he's got a highlight reel better than Hawkins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back