Unofficial Preview Best 22! Who’s in the team Round 1, 2023?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope so. He was woeful at times this year but I think that was because he was rushed back.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Impey has played some outstanding footy for the Hawks since he came over from Port but it is pretty obvious by now that he needs a long time to get his fitness back after he is injured.

Like Chad he needs to be fully fit to be effective so for me he is best 22 only if he is basically 100% match fit.

The late update that he was playing with painful screws in his ankles for a lot of the years tempered my disappointment in his output.

Looking forward to a fully fit Jars...

Hardwick - Blanck - DGB
Scrimshaw - Sicily - CJ

Reeves - Newcombe - Ward
Amon - Maginess - Day

Moore - Kosi - Wingard
Breust - Lewis - Butler

Impey - MacDonald - Meek/Lynch - ?????

Final spot and depth from: Worpel, Frost, Bramble, Serong, Nash, Morrison, Morris, Brockman, Stephens, Jeka, Meek/Lynch

I'm not sure about Kosi TBH. He tries hard, but I'm not convinced as yet.

I don't mind if Impey is in the leadership group, but if he's locked into the 22 what position is it in?

Has easily played his best footy in the backline, but we have plenty of his type (that are both better and younger) there already to squeeze into the side. Can't say he's looked great as a forward for us and I'm not sure if there's a spot for him in the midfield either.

I know this is just about our team but here's my 25 & under side.
FB: Hardwick - Blanck - Morris
HB: Scrimma - DGB - Jiath
C: Day - Reeves - Morrison
HF: Moore - Kosi - CMac
FF: Butler - Lewis - Brocky
FOL: Newk - Ward - Worpel
INT: Stephens - Meek - Finn- Nash
SUB: Jeka

Hardwick - Blanck - DGB
Scrimshaw - Sicily - CJ

Reeves - Newcombe - Ward
Amon - Maginess - Day

Moore - Kosi - Wingard
Breust - Lewis - Butler

Impey - MacDonald - Meek/Lynch - ?????

Final spot and depth from: Worpel, Frost, Bramble, Serong, Nash, Morrison, Morris, Brockman, Stephens, Jeka, Meek/Lynch

I'm in the same boat RE Kosi, I'd rather Scrimshaw forward.

FB Hardwick Blanck Day
HB Jiath DGB Scrimshaw
C Amon Newcombe Morrison
HF Bruest Lewis MacDonald
FF Wingard Koschitzke Moore
C Reeves Ward Worpel

Int Morris Maginness Meek Nash

Morris in this team for mine, tough as they come and allows Hardwick to play further up the ground

Think Butler will be in the team when fit too but couldn’t find a spot in my 22, really like him as a player

Pick 6 will play 15+ if fit you’d think too
Sicily play for box hill? :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just want Sam to let Worpel know that he's our number 1 bull for the first 6 weeks and it's up to him to keep the spot.

Last chance saloon and no excuses now.
What if, in all reality, others have gone past him?

Isn’t it up to the player to rise to the challenge over summer (rather than be given some 6 week period to prove themselves)?

Herald Sun's Best 22

FB: Hardwick, Blanck, Scrimshaw

HB: Day, Sicily, Jiath

C: Amon, Ward, Morrison

HF: MacDonald, Koschitzke, Wingard

FF: Breust, Lewis, Butler

FOL: Reeves, Newcombe, Moore

I/C: Grainger-Barras, Maginness, Meek, Nash

DEPTH: Impey, Worpel, Stephens, Brockman, Frost

DRAFT PICKS
»6, 24, 41, 48, 50, 52, 65

Herald Sun's Best 22

FB: Hardwick, Blanck, DGB

HB: Sicily, Jeka, Scrimshaw

C: Day, Ward, Jiath

HF: MacDonald, Koschitzke, Wingard

FF: Breust, Lewis, Butler

FOL: Reeves, Newcombe, Moore

I/C: Maginess, Stephens, Amon, Worpel, sub Meek

DEPTH: Brockman, Impey, Frost, Nash, Morrison, Morris, Lynch.

DRAFT PICKS
»6, 24, 41, 48, 50, 52, 65

Fixed it.

Last edited:

I'm in the same boat RE Kosi, I'd rather Scrimshaw forward.
I'm in no rush to play a 2nd KPF, if just for the sake of it, when there's no obvious candidate.

I think we need one (a 2nd KPF) to peak - hopefully Ramsden - but we're a fair way off 'peaking' yet, so I'm happy to play 2x Ruckmen, let Reeves develop his forward craft with periods at Full Forward & play an extra youngster through the flanks/midfield.

FB: Hardwick...Blanck.....DGB
HB: Jiath..........Sicily......Day

Ce: Frost*......Worpel.....Amon
Foll: Meek.......Duke......Ward

HF: Moore.......Lewis.....Wingard
FF: Brocky......Reeves....Breust

I/C: Scrimshaw...Morrison*.....CMac....Finn....(Butler or Impey if 5x I/C)

Em/Depth (in no particular order): Butler/Impey....Jeka....Kosi...Stephens...Nash...Morris...Bramble

*most, I'm sure including Sam, would play Morrison on the Wing & Frost the bench, but I want to see Frost on the Wing or Fwd.

I'm in no rush to play a 2nd KPF, if just for the sake of it, when there's no obvious candidate.

I think we need one (a 2nd KPF) to peak - hopefully Ramsden - but we're a fair way off 'peaking' yet, so I'm happy to play 2x Ruckmen, let Reeves develop his forward craft with periods at Full Forward & play an extra youngster through the flanks/midfield.

FB: Hardwick...Blanck.....DGB
HB: Jiath..........Sicily......Day

Ce: Frost*......Worpel.....Amon
Foll: Meek.......Duke......Ward

HF: Moore.......Lewis.....Wingard
FF: Brocky......Reeves....Breust

I/C: Scrimshaw...Morrison*.....CMac....Finn....(Butler or Impey if 5x I/C)

Em/Depth (in no particular order): Butler/Impey....Jeka....Kosi...Stephens...Nash...Morris...Bramble

*most, I'm sure including Sam, would play Morrison on the Wing & Frost the bench, but I want to see Frost on the Wing or Fwd.
Frost could play that more defensive wing role

If we want pace on the wing then CJ can play there - personally I don't want to see Frost played there at all. He's playing back pocket or FB or he's a depth option IMO.

If we want pace on the wing then CJ can play there - personally I don't want to see Frost played there at all. He's playing back pocket or FB or he's a depth option IMO.
CJ is far better behind the ball, gets a bit lost up the ground.

Or he could just slot straight back into the KPD spot he has played for the past 50 out of a possible 51 games before he got injured.
He's not a KPD. Plays effective 3rd defender.

CJ is far better behind the ball, gets a bit lost up the ground.

He hasn't really had a chance to play on the wing or up the ground yet. With his aerobic capacity he'll be able to work both sides of the ground, and with his pace I can't see anyone keeping up with him. I think he'd cause havoc on a wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back