Recommitted Hunter Clark [OOC 2023] - Linked with North, manager says he's staying

Remove this Banner Ad

Meaningless if he still wants to come to us though. He wanted to come to us after 2 wooden spoons and murky coaching situation.

Like us with Xerri last year, didn't have draft capital at that point in time for where the club is at, and understandably trade didn't get done.

I think the issue will just be if he still wants to come next year.
Not meaningless if another club gives him a good pitch and he decides that is a better option

Seen it happen plenty of times where a player has asked for a trade to one club, a trade doesnt get done ams they eventually either stat or end up at another club.

Dunkley, Daniher and Lobb are all recent examples of players choosing other clubs after being denied a trade.

The fact that Clark will be out of contract and clubs have more time to plan around him means there will be other clubs talking to him.

Not meaningless if another club gives him a good pitch and he decides that is a better option

Seen it happen plenty of times where a player has asked for a trade to one club, a trade doesnt get done ams they eventually either stat or end up at another club.

Dunkley, Daniher and Lobb are all recent examples of players choosing other clubs after being denied a trade.

The fact that Clark will be out of contract and clubs have more time to plan around him means there will be other clubs talking to him.
Reality is, wherever he goes Saints won't get more then Norths 2nd & 3rd.

Reality is, wherever he goes Saints won't get more then Norths 2nd & 3rd.
As I said earlier, I can't see them getting less than a 2nd rounder for him so for the sake of a measly 3rd rounder it was worth holding onto him.

I did say at the start of this thread when you claimed that North would get him for a 2nd rounder that you'd need two at a minimum.

If he decides he wants to go next year and we lose a 3rd rounder so be it. I doubt too many fans will lose sleep over that.

It’s a win for the saints here. Either he has an awesome year and worth more on the trade table. Or he has a s**t year and no one wants him. Balls in his court.

He’ll be OOC so won’t be worth more in a trade.
That depends entirely on how he goes next year. Prior to his injuries in the last two years he was coming top 5 in the B&F, after making the AFL 22U22 team of the year the previous year, so if he has a big preseason and a breakout year next year, he could extremely easily be worth more than we were offered this year.

That depends entirely on how he goes next year. Prior to his injuries in the last two years he was coming top 5 in the B&F, after making the AFL 22U22 team of the year the previous year, so if he has a big preseason and a breakout year next year, he could extremely easily be worth more than we were offered this year.
He’d have to win your BnF to get more then our second now. Which is unlikely considering he doesn’t want to be there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a defining factor. As an example, if we held JHF to his contract and he had a better year then he just had, we’d have still got less. Just the reality of OOC players unfortunately.
Here’s the thing. We were reportedly offered a future 2nd and 3rd for him (while contracted) and turned it down, which means that the trading price for him while contracted was MORE THAN THAT.

So next year, if all other things were equal, but he was uncontracted, then his trading price could very easily be the 2nd and 3rd that weren’t enough when the only difference was that he was contracted.

If on the other hand he has a much better year next year, then common sense would suggest he’d be worth more than the amount that wasn’t enough while he was contracted.

Here’s the thing. We were reportedly offered a future 2nd and 3rd for him (while contracted) and turned it down, which means that the trading price for him while contracted was MORE THAN THAT.

So next year, if all other things were equal, but he was uncontracted, then his trading price could very easily be the 2nd and 3rd that weren’t enough when the only difference was that he was contracted.

If on the other hand he has a much better year next year, then common sense would suggest he’d be worth more than the amount that wasn’t enough while he was contracted.
Optimistic thinking. I don’t blame you with the week the Saints have had.

Logue was third in Freos BNF at round 18. Ended up coming fifth or sixth. OOC so Freo had to accept a second round pick (unders IMO). Hunters trade value only drops, regardless of output tbh, OOC players have too much power. I hope for the Saints sake, he loves the new coach & stays, but there’s a lot of work to do to repair that relationship.

Optimistic thinking. I don’t blame you with the week the Saints have had.

Logue was third in Freos BNF at round 18. Ended up coming fifth or sixth. OOC so Freo had to accept a second round pick (unders IMO). Hunters trade value only drops, regardless of output tbh, OOC players have too much power. I hope for the Saints sake, he loves the new coach & stays, but there’s a lot of work to do to repair that relationship.
You hope that for our sake? What a load of bullocks you've been all over threads sinking the boots into us and ridiculing our club. One of the more full of it posters on here it seems.

Good chance that if he leaves, it'll be a different club to the one he nominated this year. We've seen that happen numerous times recently.
Aside from Gary Ablett Jr in 2016 I actually can’t think of any scenarios where it has happened.

Daniher wanted Sydney but a year later was at Brisbane.

Dunkley requests Essendon and ends up at Brisbane.

Lobb last year it was GWS and this year was Dogs.

Aside from Gary Ablett Jr in 2016 I actually can’t think of any scenarios where it has happened.

Daniher wanted Sydney but a year later was at Brisbane.

Dunkley requests Essendon and ends up at Brisbane.

Lobb last year it was GWS and this year was Dogs.
Gibbs probably another.

Seems more often than not though they either stay or choose another club

Being out of contract I'd imagine there will be plenty of interest from other clubs. Plenty with a much better culture and more success the North.

Gibbs probably another.

Seems more often than not though they either stay or choose another club

Being out of contract I'd imagine there will be plenty of interest from other clubs. Plenty with a much better culture and more success the North.
Yeah Tim Kelly another actually.

Still. For every one that ends up at the same destination they’ve previously requested to go too, there’s plenty that choose others (or stay).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back