Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 2nd Test 17-21 Feb, 1430hrs at Delhi

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant work out if I want to be happy we continue to show something, nervous we are about to throw it away or angry we should be in a better position regardless of how these two are going

I think be happy where we’re at, I would have taken 250 at the start. I really hope if we lose a wicket the tail throws the bat a bit, if we have a bit of luck 300 is possible

Would like to say we have batted better but really Usman has batted better. Hopefully the tail wags.

A moving ball whether it's spin or pace exposes poor footwork.

Again a lot of our batsmen going out stuck on the crease. When we play back foot shots we really aren't, we are just not moving at all, lead boots.

Three words of advice that our batsmen could use, "back and accross".

The best way to negate spin, come right forward and don't give it room to spin or step right back and give yourself time to play it off the pitch. The latter we are just terrible at, even to pace, Warner's wicket being a prime example, his footwork is non-existant these days.
Handscomb has been very, very good. Not just Usman.

Is Handscomb giving a nod to Dean Jones with the white floppy? From memory he wore it in the subcontinent for his epic double hundred in 1986.

He still has a long way to go to match him. he doesn't even have a fifty yet.
Tubby wore one a lot espec for his 334 vs Pakistan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I havent been watching today on TV/stream .. hows the pitch playing is it turning big ? Compared to first day of Nagpur ?
Fairly similar but perhaps a little more bounce (at times anyway, it’s stayed low here and there as well).

Unlike Nagpur a couple of batsmen have played a bit more positively instead of doing the deer in headlights impersonation

Back