Opinion Sack Hinkley 7 - "Turn it around or watch out"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sticks with me as one of the great coin toss points.
International Rules Series 2017: Rory Sloane, Travis Boak join forces for  Australia v Ireland | The Advertiser
Jimeoin is having trouble keeping a straight face.

Lol 360 robbo "there are quesh-tuhnsh being arshked of the dogsh" at 0-2 and "shoid they have shined on bevv-ridge?"

Don't remember this level of scrutiny (happy to be corrected) last year at 0-5

(Ignoring the historical context of 2 grand finals and a premiership in their incumbent coach)

On Footy Classified just now, Kane wasted no time getting stuck into Luke Beveridge.

Matthew Lloyd pointed out that Bevo won a flag in 2016.

Kane, without a hint of embarrassment: “That’s a long time ago”.

Lol 360 robbo "there are quesh-tuhnsh being arshked of the dogsh" at 0-2 and "shoid they have shined on bevv-ridge?"

Don't remember this level of scrutiny (happy to be corrected) last year at 0-5

(Ignoring the historical context of 2 grand finals and a premiership in their incumbent coach)

Hinkley didn't step in to save the club until round 6

“He is failing to maximise the talent that he has got on the list individually and as a side, and this has been an issue for a long time.”

“If it's the wrong decision to extend him it's the wrong decision, regardless of whether there is pressure.”

“Yes (I believe it's the wrong decision), at the time I said it and now I'm saying it. I would much rather them wait to the halfway point of the year. What was the advantage of extending him when they did?”

"I don't think he's been a great ambassador for the club, either. Some of his comments in the last two seasons have been bizarre.”

Kane taking the absolute piss. Pepsi challenge 99/100 would say it’s Ken of course they fit like a tailored suit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An interesting thought and an indictment on just how poor our administration has been in its decision making with Hinkley's tenure.
Everyone of us can agree that going to school was a significantly long time in all of our lives, but if you were in grade 1 in primary school, and Hinkley was your teacher, you would now be in year 11 at high school, still being taught by the same buffoon.
That's a f.....g long time without change.
Hell the average marriage these days isn't even that long.

The media have been after Bevo for a long time and just waiting for the chance to put the knife in.

His contempt for them is often on display and has attacked them personally a few times over the journey.

Over here, 'ol mate is quite literally that, an 'ol mate with the journos thus avoiding any scrutiny.

Spot on

Sack the ****er

Watching Hardwick in the coaches box when the Crows were coming back was a sight to see. He was out of his chair, visibly pissed off, pacing up and down, constantly talking into his headset....that's a coach!
Meanwhile Kenny, 70 points down, is sipping a pepsi looking like he had his his 5th dose of anaesthetic.

"There more to life than football"
Ken Hinkley

I swear the media are being paid by the AFL not to say anything negative about Hinkley, it's just amazing that nobody in the media even brings up his short falls.

Nah. The baseline is that we are viewed as a Gold Coast SUNS tier concern that only exists to put extra games on the fixture. A historically unsuccessful club for whom winning literally any games is a bonus. The fact that Hinkley has us winning half our games most years and even making finals sometimes is regarded as a great result. The fact that he's also a non threatening Victorian hick mate of their's just elevates him to coaching greatness in their eyes.

Nah. The baseline is that we are viewed as a Gold Coast SUNS tier concern that only exists to put extra games on the fixture. A historically unsuccessful club for whom winning literally any games is a bonus. The fact that Hinkley has us winning half our games most years and even making finals sometimes is regarded as a great result. The fact that he's also a non threatening Victorian hick mate of their's just elevates him to coaching greatness in their eyes.
I think Hinkley might be the one of the very few coaches, and at Port, perhaps the only one, who has for a prolonged (and prolonged again) period, been allowed to completely ruin the joy of so many supporters who cannot now enjoy a win, (one step closer to a loss) and who aren't hurt anymore by a loss (one step closer to a new coach). If there was any level of scrutiny of Port's performance, he would have been gone years ago. This in itself, is a massive worry. Why would the scrutiny start now? I can imagine the obsequious five-minute fireman saying that Port's crap form in 2023 vindicates Ken's 0-5 start last year. "Let's face it, Port's list just isn't that good and we can attribute any wins entirely to Ken's coaching. I think Kane must truly hate his former teammates and those players who have arrived since.

as soon as I saw the manner in which Jonas pointed after winning the coin toss I knew we'd get smashed
In his first game as captain ( during the joint captain's fiasco when Wines missed a number of early games due to his water ski-ing injury), which was against Brisvegas in Brisbane, the lion's supporter who tossed the coin caught it in mid air and then made a comment to Jonas with what appeared to be ` you have to call mate!' :rolleyes:

Jonas responded with his typical slack jawed grin, but for the captain of any team at any level, let alone a captain of Port Adelaide having to be told by an opposition supporter what his role was as the `away' captain simply defied belief and definitely wasn't a good look as to his pre match preparation, or more to the point the lack there of!

Last edited:
The amount of "Kennys" you hear from the media types in Melbourne is nauseating. Heard it at least 10 times when he was on 360 last week.

Hell, his own players (mostly the syndicate boys) call him that publicly now too.

The whole place has become institutionalised. We need a massive paradym shift.

The amount of "Kennys" you hear from the media types in Melbourne is nauseating. Heard it at least 10 times when he was on 360 last week.

Hell, his own players (mostly the syndicate boys) call him that publicly now too.

The whole place has become institutionalised. We need a massive paradym shift.
Who in their right mind would call a 55+ bloke "Kenny"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back