VFL VFL Round 15 v Frankston. Sunday July 2nd. 12pm @ Kinetic Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I know he is listed as 201 but I really doubt that. He looks a bit smaller and battles with supposedly smaller opponents in the ruck. This is my only concern translating to AFL level because as you say, he looks mighty impressive in every other aspect. I suspect that query is the reason why he was even available to us for nothing because otherwise I don't see the knock.
I don’t. He’s very clearly the tallest player in the team, looks a comfortable 200cm player to me. He’s 19 and still has a lot of filling out to do, I’m not sure why anyone would have that question on him at this stage of his career. A couple of preseasons and he’ll be dominating the ruck/forward role in VFL if he’s not playing AFL yet imo.

Just judging by your posting I do not doubt you lie awake thinking of ways to pile in, I also understand life predicaments but unlike you I do not wish to kick a bloke when he is down on confidence.

We have had other player,s below par but you are not into them like you are Ginnivan, as I said he is trying just look at him fairly.
Other players that are below (their) par keep a low profile. You know, don’t attract attention.
Others that are below a (general) par (Murley? Steene? Etc…) aren’t talked up as though they are world beaters that have somehow become cursed and have fallen upon tough times.

We’ve had more talented players than Ginnivan that didn’t fulfill their potential…Hotton, Rusling, Keays, Sheppard…. You gotta take your chances.
Of those players you have named only Rusling was more talented, Hotton did not last much longer at Carlton than he did at the Pies, Keays and Sheppard were not Lee Walker who was a massive loss.

Other players that are below (their) par keep a low profile. You know, don’t attract attention.
Others that are below a (general) par (Murley? Steene? Etc…) aren’t talked up as though they are world beaters that have somehow become cursed and have fallen upon tough times.
If you don't see that he is targeted/spotlighted (similar to JDG) then I don't know what to tell you.

Finn looks like the type of player who needs to play full time mid, however, he still looks a level below full time mid in the seniors. I can understand why he's not getting a game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t. He’s very clearly the tallest player in the team, looks a comfortable 200cm player to me. He’s 19 and still has a lot of filling out to do, I’m not sure why anyone would have that question on him at this stage of his career. A couple of preseasons and he’ll be dominating the ruck/forward role in VFL if he’s not playing AFL yet imo.
I think he will be in the AFL team by then also, the way he is improving in the last few weeks, his tapwork is good and you do not see many 204 cms blokes flying for marks like he does and that kick to someone 10 mtrs out was bloody good as well.

I saw pictures of Steene with Nic Nat who is 202 and he has 2 or 3 ctrs on him, for me he is a real prospect.

Is Krueger alive? Can’t watch it where I am at the moment. What happened to him?
Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Johnson is another big bloke who won't be pushing for a senior spot on the strength of his game today against weak opposition. Nice to see McInnes get a bag of goals. He's been the pick of our forwards.
Reef best by far but Kreugs has been competitive today, couple of almost grabs. Brought ball to ground.

Flew for a screamer. Landed flat on his back and banged the back of his head.
It’s always the screamers with him.

One day he may take the best mark the world’s ever seen the way he flies, but * it’s not fun watching him go down in the process. Little bit of coaching needed there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back