Mark Ricciuto. Worst 8 time All-Australian of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ricciuto>Mcleod IMO. Am guessing if a poll was done on the Crows board that the same result would be seen.
Last poll had McLeod just pipping Roo... but personally I voted Roo.

Depends if you prefer more brilliant or more consistent.

Last poll had McLeod just pipping Roo... but personally I voted Roo.

Depends if you prefer more brilliant or more consistent.
It is an interesting one because McLeod is unlucky not to be a Brownlow medalist but probably pretty lucky to be a B2B Norm Smith winner.

Personally over the two winning grand finals I would rate the efforts of Darren Jarman higher.

McLeod 61 disposals and no goals.
Jarman 34 disposals and 11 goals.

Ricciuto did alot more of the contested stuff during his career that (even though he was clearly rated) did not get the same Adelaide media fawning that McLeod would get any time he starred. McLeod the player with the higher ceiling and should be noted that his body may have held him back a little later in his career as well.

On the topic of the thread though.

McLeod 5 AA's, 4 on the field. The same amount of onfield spots as Ricciuto.

It is an interesting one because McLeod is unlucky not to be a Brownlow medalist but probably pretty lucky to be a B2B Norm Smith winner.

Personally over the two winning grand finals I would rate the efforts of Darren Jarman higher.

McLeod 61 disposals and no goals.
Jarman 34 disposals and 11 goals.

Ricciuto did alot more of the contested stuff during his career that (even though he was clearly rated) did not get the same Adelaide media fawning that McLeod would get any time he starred. McLeod the player with the higher ceiling and should be noted that his body may have held him back a little later in his career as well.

On the topic of the thread though.

McLeod 5 AA's, 4 on the field. The same amount of onfield spots as Ricciuto.
Imo, Ben Hart should have won Normy in the 1998 grand final... but all mentioned were great players for the Crows who all played their part.

Absolutely.

Is also the best back to back Norm Smith Medallist though
Who would be the best back to back Grand Final performing player without a Norm Smith?

Darren Jarman? Sam Mitchell? Anyone else I am not thinking of?

Referring only to the Norm Smith medal era.

Who would be the best back to back Grand Final performing player without a Norm Smith?

Darren Jarman? Sam Mitchell? Anyone else I am not thinking of?

Referring only to the Norm Smith medal era.
Ablett Junior?

Imo, Ben Hart should have won Normy in the 1998 grand final... but all mentioned were great players for the Crows who all played their part.
Was is Hart or Caven on Carey that day. I have not really watched the 98 Grand Final that closely in a very long time. Can pretty much recite the commentary for every goal of the last quarter in 1997 but the 98 VHS never got the same level of use.

Will give that game a watch one day again to examine his influence.

Was is Hart or Caven on Carey that day. I have not really watched the 98 Grand Final that closely in a very long time. Can pretty much recite the commentary for every goal of the last quarter in 1997 but the 98 VHS never got the same level of use.

Will give that game a watch one day again to examine his influence.
Caven.

Hart was playing 1:1 on Crocker in Pagan's paddock, repelling so many forward entries in the 1st half.

Re Ricciuto not being a legend, there is a guy I think you should check out.

His name is Bob Dylan.

He is so goooooooooooooooooooooood. Not one AA. But worthy of being AA last year ahead of Selwood based upon just a few songs.

Tip for BF: more Dylan. Less AA which is the most meaningless award in footy except for lesser lighters who have one good season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If not for the Victorian bias, he would have been named in the starting 18, like in 1997 with 18 Brownlow votes... not that it really matters.

Roo & McLeod are comfortably the best 2 Crows players of all time.
Sam Mitchell Brownlow medalist 26 votes, doesn't make the team. Stop the Victorian bias crap sweetie.

Uh-huh.

The only part of AA's that matter is you have them, your position in said side is completely irrelevant
Mmm yes and no.
Comparing the players year within the same year, being on the interchange is deemed as having not as good a season as the starting 18, according to the selectors.
However looking at a career overall you are an 8 time AA or not. Youre not a 6 time AA interchanger, no one looks at it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back