Preview Round 1, 2019: Collingwood vs Geelong - Pregame discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Temperature forecast 30 for Friday, I wonder whether they will make allowances for trainers on the ground for water given the new rules.

I think this is a stupid rule, imagine a situation where the game stagnates without either side kicking any goals for some time, or they lose their radar and don't kick straight - how long do the players have to go without a drink of water?

Plus on the runners, unless teams find some other way to communicate, it will be hard for a coach to strategically react quickly to changing situations - like moving a defender etc. The game is going to lose some of its' beauty in how teams dynamically adapt to situations.

Both these rules are an over-reaction over nothing imho. Hocking/Gillan arrogance.

I know about this water boy business and footballers will struggle not to drink for thirty minutes :eek:

But here’s an idea, let them go past the boundary line area and gulp drinks.

Too simple.

I wish I was going. Whilst it's probably warmer than ideal conditions to be playing footy, I can't imagine a better night to be sitting at the G watching!
That's true. Because soon enough we'll be freezing our arses off at the footy when winter sets in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's true. Because soon enough we'll be freezing our arses off at the footy when winter sets in.
giphy.gif

• Two days to go when team named
  • Three days to go when the game starts

Cats line up well against up.

Geelong by 17.

Interesting. What’s the basis for this given there’ll be approximately 20 new faces across both teams from the last time we played (11 for the Cats and 9 for us)? It seems a very flimsy justification to me.

What Autumn fragrance for Friday night?

Don't forget folks.. what works in Summer doesn't necessarily work in Autumn re.. unless you've got an all yr round 1.

this works a treat in the Oakleigh maul - "Men’s After Shave Balm with Organic Greek Olive Oil, Dictamelia, Aloe Vera & Cactus Extract" ....
will overpower the most garlic ridden kebabs, dips etc - you will be set upon for sure -I only just got out with my dignity intact (not much else) the other night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back