Game Day AFL Round 1 - Matchday Discussion Geelong@Collingwood (MCG – 7:50PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to make a bold statement and show the footballing world we're not going to be one season wonders and they should fear us for the season ahead.

Under Bucks, we've lost five of seven matches in round 1 so I'd like to see us get off to a winning start for the first time since 2015.

Grand Final team to Round 1 team changes:

IN: Beams, C Brown, Elliott, Moore, Roughead
OUT: Adams, Goldsack, Greenwood, Hoskin-Elliott, Sier

Pretty pumped about the match tonight. Kids and I leaving home just before 5pm to head in to town and get amongst it.

Really looking forward to watching the following players: (in no particular order) Elliot, Moore, Beams, Brown and Stephenson, oh and of course DeGoey!

Will we take the game on and and worry the Cats with our speed? Will centre clearances be a big advantage for either team considering new 6-6-6 rule?

Will Mason Cox be chock full of confidence after last year's prelim and second half of granny perfomances?

How will Pendles move around after being free of back injury from last year?

So much to look forward to!

Hoping the Pies are too strong against the Cats who have 4 rookie debutantes and 2 other club debutantes.

Pies by 19 points :thumbsu:

I think the Pies will get up by about 4-5 goals. The prospect of a midfield with Pendles, Steele, Beams, Treloar, JDG, Grundy etc is mouthwatering. We are in for a big year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like 'rare'? I've been reading it as ray this whole time haha

More emphasis on the E when you say it that way saying R + AIR sounds the closest hahaha.

It should be easy to explain re but it obviously isn't re :p

More emphasis on the E when you say it that way saying R + AIR sounds the closest hahaha.

It should be easy to explain re but it obviously isn't re :p

I'm just waiting for Gimp to call me a cob.

Like 'rare'? I've been reading it as ray this whole time haha

I used to work with Greeks. I always got mocked for pronouncing the morning greeting. My pronounciation sounded like "Yarsoo Ray" . Plus the initial R is a bit of a rolling R and I just can't roll my Rs.

C. Brown the bolter! Good luck to him, hasn't really set the world on fire yet at AFL level, but definitely showed glimpses in JLT2.

Worry is that the team is missing a bit of grit with Greenwood not getting a look in behind Brown and Aish plus Adams out. Love seeing Levi have a crack against Selwood and co especially.

Good luck to the boys

Aish add bit of Class to go with the Grunt Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back