List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Caldwell and Crouch nominations sorted, there is going to be swift movement on getting another mid. Watch this space.

I spend far too much time “watching this space” for ultimately very little reward.

Pretty staggered around the lack of vibe on the Crouch get. Caldwell has played 12 games. Crouch is an All Australian.

As others have said he could be our Danger or Neale, taking it to another level at a new club. Must be our biggest signing in a long time. Would be quite happy if we just sat it out from there, will be interesting to see if we have any other moves.

The Flamingo only reveals after the official reveal

Dude is a freakin magician

giphy.gif

Crouch is an All Australian.
I don’t think he is an AA.
Matt Crouch was in the AA team in 2017, not Brad.

Nope love em but next year we already have to add Gresham, Crouch into the team that smashed GWS. Then we need to get games into Bytel and Byrnes.
I’m just don’t think we need to take every player that heads our way. We can be more discerning.
I agree. I hope we are active again, and bring in two or three players, but you don’t want to bring five in every year, as good as last year’s haul was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have known as soon as Ghost-man said Caldwell was coming that it wasn't going to happen.

In all the time he's posted here, as much as I've hoped what he was saying was true, I don't remember a single solitary thing he's been on the money about.

Makes Tom Browne look like Nostradamus.

If Luke Dunstan goes to Adelaide, which seems a reasonable chance, that will make Billings our sole original draftee from the 2013 off-season, when we brought in 10 players, 5 from other clubs. We also upgraded rookie Curren. Of them only Luke Billings and Savage currently remain.

(The following players were also brought in later in trades: Freeman, Z. Jones, Marsh.)

I can't be bothered to list the players that came after Blake Acres in the draft but you could field a very competitive 22 from the best of them.

Did we draft poorly or develop badly or both?

Here's my (old and very very charitable) summary of the 2013 shitshow and capt. Hindsight's recommendations:

2013 - NET INS: Delaney, Longer, Bruce, Savage, Billings, Dunstan, Acres, Templeton, Weller, Holmes.

Lots of quality throughout that list and you can say we did pretty well without absolutely nailing it. The trades were pretty underwhelming, and frankly I’d be tempted to keep the DalSanto compo pick 25 and pick 41 instead of picking up Josh Bruce and Billy Longer. I’d use those picks and grab Zach Merrett and Ben Brown. Instead of Billings, you could get either of proven guns Bont, P Crippps, as well as others. I like Billings, but Cripps is looking like a safe bet at this stage. Don’t have a problem with the McEvoy pick which gave us Savage and Dunstan, though I’d pick Matt Crouch instead of Dunny. Would you keep Acres, or would you keep the two picks we traded and go for someone like Hartung, McStay, Lemmens, Lew Taylor, Nankervis, Jake Kolodjashnij, Barrass, Riley Knight, Fantasia, Sicily, or Jayden Hunt, plus one of Honeychurch, Tom Langdon, Sam Lloyd, Amon or Tabener? I’d be tempted to keep Acres and hope he is not another Spencer White. Apart from switching Eli for Charlie Cameron, I’d leave the rookies be.

Out: Longer, Bruce, (Billings), Dunstan, Templeton
In: Z Merrett, B Brown, (P Cripps), M Crouch, C Cameron

On top of that Geary, Ross and Webster the only 2013 listed players left on the list. Ross will probably play every game he's fit for (unless Scrappy can get a trade done) but Gears is probably not going to get many games and Webster probably gone. 7 years later and one regular best 22 left.

Is Brad Crouch a fat campaigner or am I seeing things?

Fmd, Mattress Guts 2.0???
Yea he doesn’t look in great nick. Obviously been enjoying the offseason & covid has hit the waist. Needs a serious reset. Last thing we need is him returning to training looking like Fatlop.
Well, he and Stengle tried to start a pre-season weight loss diet.

Was going fine until SA police got involved

Pretty staggered around the lack of vibe on the Crouch get. Caldwell has played 12 games. Crouch is an All Australian.

As others have said he could be our Danger or Neale, taking it to another level at a new club. Must be our biggest signing in a long time. Would be quite happy if we just sat it out from there, will be interesting to see if we have any other moves.

Agree with you 100% and I’m really happy with Crouch.

I think it’s because we felt we were getting Caldwell so got used to the idea and the anticipation built up, but didn’t think we were in the race for Crouch so it wasn’t discussed much. That all seemed to happen quickly once Jeremy Cameron chose Geelong.

I think if it had been the other way about and we expected to get Crouch there would be a lot more anticipation and folk would be more excited about it.

Can’t wait to see him in the RWB.

Last edited:

Yeah, in the past we were happy that Collingwood's broken down trash picked us. Hill was our first non injured top flight player. Now we get an absolute A grade mid and we are already getting a bit meh about it like they come all the time.

I don’t think he is an AA.
Matt Crouch was in the AA team in 2017, not Brad.

We are talking future AA dude, don't get technical.

If:
- X-factor Gresh gets firing around goal next year
- Crouch becomes a literal ball magnet for our mids with Ryder tapping it down for first use
- Hill starts having a big impact, we run the ball through the corridor with ease
- Butler just turns it on week in, week out
- King starts clunking everything & kicking bags with some more confidence... gee whiz it's going to be exciting to watch. :hearteyes:

fu** I hope someone has told him about hook turns, sounds like he hasn’t ventured into Melbourne in a while.
I live in Docklands so one of my small 5km pleasures was driving through town and doing a right turn from the right hand lane on hook turn streets. Before 8pm of course 😉😁

hey guys, i dont ever get good mail, but happened to bump into an ITK who got some good mail on his phone whilst i was chatting to him...

apparently, now that crouch has nominated us and Caldwell nominated essendon we are going to move onto the next target. expect a leak soon about us into a midfielder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back