List Mgmt. Pick #5 - Welcome Adam Cerra [Traded to Carlton for 6 & F3]

Which brand of spud do we end up with (not if you want them or not)

• SPS

• Fisher

• Carroll

• Newnes

• Dow

• Nada

• Brackets McSpuddin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

When was the last time a young Freo player has held the club to ransom on his contract???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the modern news cycle folks:

Where you go from exclusives...
To promotional teasers...
To interviews with stakeholders...
To retractions...
To 'no comment'...
To apologies and arse covering...

All In less than 20 minutes 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Somebody needs to archive this thread for posterity. Otherwise future generations will never believe experienced media people were ever this stupid. 😊😊😊

Not sure that's what is happening. IF he wants to go he may have already informed the club and been asked to see out the season before it is announced.
It will be interesting to see how the fans treat him with a few home games to go if it becomes common knowledge that he is gonski...

Was going to give him 5 votes for last week but he can GAGF!
Drop him .
Play Western , Odriscoll , Blakely ( hell I’d rather even see Tucker play !)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cerra himself has actually made it pretty bloody clear on numerous occasions now he hasn't decided what he's going to do yet.

If Cerra himself doesn't know what's happening yet, how the Frick can anybody else??

When he knows, we'll know.
All the rest is speculative bullshit.
He’s so gone
The club would have said to him once he announced that he was leaving that they would appreciate it if he didn’t announce it straight away as it would destabilise the team and create a whole bunch of media speculation and bad press that JLo and the club would have to deal with .
Better to say “ I’m not sure “ thus keeping the heat and the hounds off their back .
Hope I’m wrong but I’d put $100 on it right now .

He’s so gone
The club would have said to him once he announced that he was leaving that they would appreciate it if he didn’t announce it straight away as it would destabilise the team and create a whole bunch of media speculation and bad press that JLo and the club would have to deal with .
Better to say “ I’m not sure “ thus keeping the heat and the hounds off their back .
Hope I’m wrong but I’d put $100 on it right now .

Yep this. I would be astounded if he’s staying.

Why say anything now. Realistically end of season is only 4 weeks away. Gotta value optionality.

Surely if he's stated he wants to leave you don't play him. What if he does his knee? Suddenly two firsts become one. Or does Cez wanna put the cue in the rack.

Pretty unlikely he stays. I just feel sad about it. the rebuild wasn’t going great, but he was a shining light. May have stuffed that, but at least we were building some kind of midfield and Cerra was sort of a Mundy replacement. hes even durable! Hardly been injured, unlike every other player on the list. And now, after we outlay pick five for him, and develop him, and also probably recruit and plan around him, it’s just over in a humiliating way. people talking as though a couple of picks in the top 25 is some kind of compensation. Not even close. The club was likely not going anywhere fast, (though you always hope) This slows it down even more. Demoralising. And f***. He might be going to Carlton? choosing Carlton over us. Gross.

Pretty unlikely he stays. I just feel sad about it. the rebuild wasn’t going great, but he was a shining light. May have stuffed that, but at least we were building some kind of midfield and Cerra was sort of a Mundy replacement. hes even durable! Hardly been injured, unlike every other player on the list. And now, after we outlay pick five for him, and develop him, and also probably recruit and plan around him, it’s just over in a humiliating way. people talking as though a couple of picks in the top 25 is some kind of compensation. Not even close. The club was likely not going anywhere fast, (though you always hope) This slows it down even more. Demoralising. And f***. He might be going to Carlton? choosing Carlton over us. Gross.
What a lot of people dont realise is that, to a certain degree, when you draft a young player you are also "drafting" their partner/significant other.

I am only speculating here but Adam might actually like the club and the offer but if the missus says " I want to go home " then that could be the end of the story.

I wonder if recruiters take the partners into consideration when they draft out-of-state players?

Yes it’s laughable that he may end up at Carlton , just to drive the dagger in a bit deeper .
But you know what , I’ve been more excited by what I’ve seen from Brandon Walker in each of his games than I have in many of Cerras ( not all , he’s played some crackers , but he’s also had lots of Meh ) .
So glass half full , one door closes another opens .

What a lot of people dont realise is that, to a certain degree, when you draft a young player you are also "drafting" their partner/significant other.

I am only speculating here but Adam might actually like the club and the offer but if the missus says " I want to go home " then that could be the end of the story.

I wonder if recruiters take the partners into consideration when they draft out-of-state players?

17 year old kids being practically married when they’re drafted is a bloody joke I tells ya!

i guess, theoretically they should? But imagine not picking the best 18 year old in the country because his girl friend didn’t want to leave Her home town. I mean it’s sweet they’re still together and he respects her input in this. As he should! They are obviously serious. but how many people really stay with the person they are with from 17/18? how much should the club be able to see into the future with things like this?

Back