AFL Player #23: Harrison Jones - God-tier Hands

Remove this Banner Ad

Find it interesting that Jones has been so heavily involved in things such as this and sitting in draftee interview Dodoro.
Yeah it's kind of intriguing. I guess he's trying to stay involved with the club while he can't do full training with his injury recovery? Could just be his leadership attributes shining through too, paying it forward and doing for others as was done for him when he arrived...

Yeah it's kind of intriguing. I guess he's trying to stay involved with the club while he can't do full training with his injury recovery? Could just be his leadership attributes shining through too, paying it forward and doing for others as was done for him when he arrived...
From a time perspective, he'll be doing just as much as the others. More likely he's just being a leader.

there were some anecdotes when he was drafted about how conscientious he was, always the guy to hang back and clean up after the group and s**t like that

there were some anecdotes when he was drafted about how conscientious he was, always the guy to hang back and clean up after the group and sh*t like that

Fast becoming my favourite player

Radio interview – can't find it in iTunes podcasts or the wooshka thing so if you want to listen you'll have to watch the video unfortunately.

Mostly just a lighthearted interview. Didn't get away for the break, got to see the family for a bit. What it's like living with Langford and Snelling... Langford owns the place, the other two pay weekly rent. Cooking is split up, cook twice each and then take away once a week – what do they cook? Langford - steak, Snelling - curry, Jones - tacos. Not much of a cook. They do their own laundry. Netflix movie marathons, watching Stranger Things again. Talk footy a little, good to get a different perspective from the other guys.

Not putting a limit on anything this year, improve, get better each week, made some good inroads, enjoy time with each other and at the club.

Foot injury, then a good year last year – Still trying to load up the foot after the injury, nearly there now. Doesn't want to put pressure on himself but continue to improve, now he's doing full training just keep growing his game and adding bits and pieces to it.

Hurley, looking really good, really excited to hopefully play with him. No timeline though.

Draft: All of them have been awesome, come in with a hardworking mindset wanting to get better. His little mate "Lordy" – Alastair Lord. Really impressed him not on the track but off the track really switched on and learning the game plan.

Cappuccino one sugar – still drink it? Yep. Kids drink. Snelling has a strong almond latte.

And he hates having sweaty feet. 🤷‍♀️

Putting on weight: Great agility, you can mark etc. Do you need to be bigger? Definitely, especially if I want to play that key position role in the forward line. Put on a lot in the first year when he wasn't really playing due to the foot injury, then slowly building that up. 88-90 kilos at the moment, which is good but still continue to get stronger and bigger. It's a big area for his body and his development to be a big(?) key forward.

Week after the interview, after I take the time to roughly transcribe the bloody thing, that's when they publish the article from it 🙄

nearing full fitness 17th Jan

But where has he been since that statement?

How much actual work has he done off the modified group this PS?

Harry Jones and Archie Perkins are also on modified programs but are both close to returning to the full group by the end of the week.

Jones has recovered well from the season-ending foot injury he suffered last year but slightly tweaked his ankle last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 20-year-old didn't play in Essendon's intraclub clash on Wednesday but is eyeing some time against the Western Bulldogs in a practice game at the NEC Hangar on Wednesday, with the Bombers optimistic the straight-kicking forward will be available to face Geelong in round one on March 19.

"We're hoping so," coach Ben Rutten told AFL.com.au. "That's going to be the balance for him. We're hoping to get a bit of a look at him next Wednesday in our first game. For him, considering the injury he's had and a little bit of a limited pre-season, we just have to balance that up between him being available but also how fit and prepared to play he is.

"We're going to build him up over the next few weeks but with 'Jonesy', barring any interruptions, we're pretty confident he'll be available at the start of the season."

Injured at training apparently. Doesn't look great

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

IN - Baldwin Out - Jones ??

Hopefully it's a minor thing :( One of my faves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back