Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson!

Remove this Banner Ad

1.6 - 7 scoring shots in two matches.

Watson is killing it.
Superstar match winner.
If he can continue to get about as many shots each week but find his radar then he'll win the Rising Star in a canter.

Hopefully after 6 straight behinds finally getting his first goal is the monkey off the back.

If he can continue to get about as many shots each week but find his radar then he'll win the Rising Star in a canter.

Hopefully after 6 straight behinds finally getting his first goal is the monkey off the back.

When he starts to hit his stride, he'll be drawing the ball a lot more too.

He will have a 4-5 goal game before this season is out .
Love what Ive seen from him .
We have a serious player and future matchwinner on our hands .
Could have very easily had a 3 goal half in his second game.

Could'a would'a should'a.....but it will happen.

What I liked most yesterday was his willingness to hit opposition bodies, shows that he has confidence in his own body, and despite the goal jitters, believes he belongs and can impact.

There is no doubt this kid will do well when he gets his head around the dynamics of AFL football, remembering that junior footy has field number restrictions in areas of the ground.

Important to remember that the reason that he went as late as he did is that he was considered potentially too small to play AFL. I think he’s already shown he can play AFL. Note to keep getting used to the pace of the game and the gameplan. As a small forward he’s reliant on others to also do their job. Given the way our mids have been performing I reckon he’s played bloody well.

Important to remember that the reason that he went as late as he did is that he was considered potentially too small to play AFL. I think he’s already shown he can play AFL. Note to keep getting used to the pace of the game and the gameplan. As a small forward he’s reliant on others to also do their job. Given the way our mids have been performing I reckon he’s played bloody well.
Playing in his underage year for vic metro he was every part as impressive as Harley Reid, had the same x factor that makes you chuckle to yourself as Cyril did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I liked most yesterday was his willingness to hit opposition bodies, shows that he has confidence in his own body, and despite the goal jitters, believes he belongs and can impact.

There is no doubt this kid will do well when he gets his head around the dynamics of AFL football, remembering that junior footy has field number restrictions in areas of the ground.
This is certainly one of the most notable things, no matter how good or bad he plays. No matter if he kicks 10.0 or 0.10... He will never stop believing he is the man for the job and that is sooooo important. The AFL is filled with so many players that struggle between the ears.

This guy is not short of confidence.
That celebration after his first goal was something you'd expect from a guy that had played 50 games not just two.
Love it.
One of the few highlights of the game. My daughter had just got back from playing auskick at half time and we moved to the front row after the other families went home (Auskick kids sit in M27 right on the 50m ark where Warne stand joins Ponsford. When Watson took the mark right in front of us on the flank. I made sure my daughter and friends all screamed out some encouragement for him and told them he was about to kick he first goal. They were screaming "come on Watto, you got this" " Go wizard".

He kicked the goal and looked right at us to celebrate. Daughters friend was a swans supporter but was cheering on the Hawks for the rest of the game.

Best play for mine minus the goal was when he halved a marking contest on the wing against someone a foot taller than him. Forget who it was and I'm probably exaggerating the height differential but I loved it. It didn't amount to much more than a boundary throw in and yet another Melbourne clearance but it's those little things that add up over the course of a game and the season that determine if we are successful or not.

He's prepared to do the unfashionable things.

Yes the only thing that has stopped him from having had a really good first two games has been his accuracy. Nothing to do with his size. He will get himself plenty of looks at the goals. I accept bad kicking is bad footy but there’s never been a suggestion his foot skills are a problem. It’s clearly just an early career mental issue he is hopefully now over

Getting a bit frustrated listening to SEN lately from the experts to those calling in pigeon holing the Wiz as only a small forward. Mark my words when he gets a couple of preseasons under his belt he will rotate through the midfield at times and will be a clean one touch dynamite pocket rocket that adds X factor to the team …… not just around goals!

Is anyone upset about us using our top pick on this guy?

I couldn't be happier.

Looks like an absolute heart and soul, drag the team over the line, passionate game winner in the making. Made for the big stage.

Love the agro, love the confidence, love the repeated effort!!!

Hope his ankle is okay and I get a chance to see him in the flesh next weekend.

Is anyone upset about us using our top pick on this guy?

I couldn't be happier.

Looks like an absolute heart and soul, drag the team over the line, passionate game winner in the making. Made for the big stage.

Love the agro, love the confidence, love the repeated effort!!!

Hope his ankle is okay and I get a chance to see him in the flesh next weekend.

If people are disappointed in Watson, it's not based in objectivity.
Has been a shining light so far this season. Hasn't clicked in front of goal, but is getting a shitload of chances, tackling hard, working even harder and has looked like one of our more composed players in general play at times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back