D4 D4 2009 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

KB's

Debutant
Jan 17, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
a few from Kew in the mix would be:

Fulltheim (W), Bagnall (F), Horne(FP), Poxon (20) & Hawking (21) (Midfielders), Tinetti (HB).

The best CHF in the comp would be King from AP........

yeah he definately towelled up kew's CHB last time we played them

Re: D4 2009

Now we have so many posters....

Who will win? AP or Lilydale? SM or Manningham?

I'm sure Manningham will be fired up to end the tigers chances... And I don't think Lilydale will be strong enough to beat AP, unless they rest a bunch of players.

I'm going to tip SM and AP (just).... there won't be more than a few goals in either game I imagine.

Also... NB have been going very well against some top sides lately... Do RC a favour and knock off Kew at Fleming Park!

Im tipping Albert park to do MTL by 10 goals and South to win by 5 goals and sneak into the 5

I'm sure Manningham will be fired up to end the tigers chances... And I don't think Lilydale will be strong enough to beat AP, unless they rest a bunch of players.

I'm going to tip SM and AP (just).... there won't be more than a few goals in either game I imagine.

Also... NB have been going very well against some top sides lately... Do RC a favour and knock off Kew at Fleming Park!

AP wont be resting players...if they win on the weekend it's automatic promotion to D3 without having to win a final. huge reward!

both games will be close with AP to beat ML and a draw between SM and Manningham.

AP wont be resting players...if they win on the weekend it's automatic promotion to D3 without having to win a final. huge reward!

both games will be close with AP to beat ML and a draw between SM and Manningham.

I hadnt thought of that. That is a nice reward... especially if knocked out in straight sets (however unlikely).

back to team of the season, i can never remember his name but the ruckmen from albert park would have to slide in there somewhere

It's great for D4 footy to have the final 5th spot still up for grabs going in to the final round. So much to play for for S.M and Mt.L, finals '09. A.P must win to hold that number 1 position gain promotion and have a weeks rest in finals. Manningham are a pretty proud mob so I would expect them to come out and give it thier all and even though they cant make the finals they can still play a part in shaping them.

Tips round 18:
Nth.B v Kew----Will be closer than expected out there, Kew by 4 goals. They wont let 3rd place slip away now.
Chaddy v Rich.C----Rich.C to get a big win by 100+ points. A Big win is always good before finals.
Manny v Sth.M----I'm thinking Sth.M will have a close win but Manny have been playing so well at home in the last few. COME ON MANNINGHAM
Lt.U v Swinny----Lt.U by 10 goals. They will be hoping for an upset between MT.L and A.P.
E.Park v BHN----BHN seem to have hit another gear the last couple of weeks. BHN by 1 goal.

Round 18 Tips

North Brunswick vs Kew - Kew by 5 goals
Chadstone vs Richmond - RC by 17 goals
Manningham vs South Mornington - MC by 1 goal
La Trobe Uni vs Swinburne Uni - LTU by 6 goals
Mt Lilydale vs Albert Park - AP by 4 goals
Eley Park vs Box Hill North - BHN by 1 point

My Predicted Final 5
1. Albert Park
2. La Trobe Uni
3. Kew
4. Richmond
5. Mt Lilydale

Round 18 Tips

Kew @ NB - Kew haven't travelled well, they are 8-1 at home, and 4-4 on the road. But I still expect them to win by 5 goals.

RC @ The Chad - RC by 1 point. (To catch Kew's percentage we'd need to win by 400 points...hmmm.)

SM @ Man - If this goes down to the wire there will be fights. Heck, there will be fights in the first 5 minutes. SM by 1 point. (By the way SM, do they coach you guys to call out opposition players names in ruck contests? Strange tactic but it works every now and then ;)

Swin @ LT - LT by 20 goals.

AP @ MTL - As has been noted, both sides have reason to play hard. And that should be enough for AP by 6 goals.

BHN @ EP - BHN can get up out of the "relegation" zone with a win. But EP have a tough home field (EP by 2 goals.)

Sides not playing finals can surprise top teams when they have nothing to loose and its the last time they run out this year, they will leave nothing in the shed this weekend.

I hear the final ground (at least for round 1) is the same dimensions as MCG... and therefore pretty close to latrobes ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would suit the running game of the la trobe very well!

Kew prove to be lethal on their turf, will the pose a threat on bigger grounds ??

This time of year i think its safe to say LTU, Kew, AP and NB are huge chances of taking out the flag... EPIC finals series ahead.

Kew prove to be lethal on their turf, will the pose a threat on bigger grounds ??

This time of year i think its safe to say LTU, Kew, AP and NB are huge chances of taking out the flag... EPIC finals series ahead.

:) :)

Guys,

Garvey Oval (FIRST WEEK OF FINALS)- small straight, has wide flanks. Similar in Size to Kew's ground - won't suit Latrobe but will suit Kew. Very windy ground with no protection. Turf wicket so will be muddy if wet

Gillon Oval - Big Ground - Long but not overly wide. Side with runners will be suited to this ground

Coburg - Big and Wide - as above.

Latrobe definitely won't be suited to the Garvey Oval but having seen them last week will definitely be suited to all of the other grounds.

Have latrobe gone off the boil a little in the past few rounds? Certainly their reserves aren't anywhere near what they were in first half of the season, going by scorelines anyway.

Kew lost to to LaTrobe earlier in the year by 1 point at LaTrobe, and beat them by 5 points at Kew....

Suggest the size of the ground is irrelevant....

this would be the current premiership betting market before round 18

$2.00 AP
$4.00 Latrobe
$10.00 Kew
$12.00 Richmond
$25.00 Mt Lilydale
$33.00 South Mornington

will be winding ML in if they get up over AP tommorrow.

Kew and Latrobe odds look very appealing
Kew's one lost to Albert Park has kept the Falcons on top.
Latrobe two closes lose to AP and Kew has set them back, but they are hardly in a slump.
Kew are in good form but need to stay injury free to be a threat
I have a feeling a bit like the AFL the Prelim final will be the cracker game as opposed to the grand final. No one needs to go through a tough game on the Sunday before the grannie.

$2.00 AP
$4.00 Latrobe
$10.00 Kew
$12.00 Richmond
$25.00 Mt Lilydale
$33.00 South Mornington

KB's obviously trying to keep a lid on it. I will have $50 at the 10's;)

KB's obviously trying to keep a lid on it. I will have $50 at the 10's;)

not at all....odds will change by this time tommorrow, depending on:

who gets 1st: AP or Latrobe (final 5 makes 1st spot gold!)
who gets 3rd: kew or richmond (final 5 makes 3rd so much better than 4th)
who gets 5th: ML or SM (final 5 makes 5th so much better than 6th;))

good to see that pretty much every game tommorrow counts.

$2.00 AP
$4.00 Latrobe
$10.00 Kew
$12.00 Richmond
$25.00 Mt Lilydale
$33.00 South Mornington

$1000 on AP & $500 ON L Uni

THE EYE
:cool:

Round 18 Tips

My Predicted Final 5
1. Albert Park
2. La Trobe Uni
3. Kew
4. Richmond
5. Mt Lilydale

North Brunswick vs Kew - Kew will win here to hold on to 3rd and the double chance against an improved NB, Kew by 63 points.

Chadstone vs Richmond - Chadstone wont be able to wait for this season over and done with, Richmond in a massive win leading into finals, Richmond by 175 points.

Manningham vs South Mornington - Hopefully us boys down South can get over the line here to keep our finals hopes alive, we always have good games against Manningham and have never beat them away so a good test for us. Just hoping for Albert to beat Mt Lilydale obviously. South by 42 points.:D

La Trobe Uni vs Swinburne Uni - La Trobe to warm up for finals with a strong home win here, not a bad year for Swinburne, a great year for Yaman (will he move on from swinburne to a higher level???) La Trobe by 84 points.

Eley Park vs Box Hill North - will be a close game between two competitive teams, but i feel BHN have improved alot in the second half and will get over eley on thier turf, BHN by 15 points.

Mt Lilydale vs Albert Park - Match of the Round by Far - The destiny is in both these teams hands, Albert for top spot, week off and auto promotion and Mt Lilydale win and thier in the finals. a massive game, going to be hard fought, but im backing (hoping) albert will be just too strong for the mountain men. Albert by 31 points:D

i know its all opinion on here but im just wondering why the Ruck machine never seems to tip Sth Mornington ever, not even against the bottom four teams?? :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back