HB Conor McKenna, Mo Lester, Keidean

C McCluggage, Junkley, Dickhead Zorko
HF Cameron, Hipwood, Callum Ah Chee
FF Cam Rayner, Daniher, Bailey

FOL Oscar McInerney, Umpires’ Pet, Jarrod Berry

IC Deven Chippendale, McCarthy, Jaspa Fletcher, Wilmot

EMG Lyons, James Tunstill, Fort, Jack Payne

The Game

Wednesday night, I flew into Tulla and was caught behind a group of sun-ravaged, Brions’ goblins. I gave them a little troll, pretending to be part of their gormless tribe, and said that I feared Collingwood would unleash Hell beyond anything ‘we’d’ experienced.

The crusty goblins looked worried. They should be. At game end, there will be no humming away to Fitzroy’s bastardised song and clapping out of time. No renditions of Sweet Caroline nor John Denver. It will be back home to Brisbane and the nineteen fifties.

Many of us here attended the 02 and 03 GFs and saw arguably the best team to have played Aussie Rules. This Brisbane team is not great. Dickhead Zorko and Mo Lester are in nobody’s dream team.

But we have something of that great Brisbane team - we have the threepeat cred of Fly and LeppO. We also have their Richmond premiership experience. Sure, Chris Fagan would make a nice Deputy Principal, but he won’t outwit our coaches.

The common thesis is our backs need to outplay their forwards for us to win. This will be accomplished. Darce and crew are the best backline in the comp. We wouldn’t need nuclear subs if they were defending Australia. Maynard, Howe, and Q are elite. We love Murph’s courage – he deserves a special roar when he receives his medallion call-up.

Ginni’s selection is one for The Culture and also says we want more goals. Dangerous mix for the Bears with him, Jamie and Bobby hungrier than a fat priest. Checkers is ready for a huge game and rotating COX, Cameron, Frampton, and potentially Howe, gives us a lot of forward flex. We sense the Cult of Frampton is coming. Can see Beau barging his way to 3 goals as the sun tires lesser souls.

It’s our mids who are most misunderestimated. Journos have transmogrified McInerney to Dean Cox this week with the golden pet Neale supping at his slippers. Jaicos, Naicos, and Crispy (Brions’ steak knife FFS) won’t buy into this fiction and will ignite the G. The 2010 Normie and Normie Runner-Up, Pendles and Sidey, know how to win a flag and remain super nodes in the Collingwood hive brain. And Mitchell, part Plato part pit-bull, will tackle with fury.

De Goey will blitzkrieg the game and win this year’s Normie. This is the moment when he fully embraces his stellar potential.

Adventurous attack coupled with anaconda pressure will get the job done.

Watch in the spirit of Replay 2010.

Premiership 16 is coming home.

Collingwood by 64 points
You know I hate you.
You're the shittiest poster on this site.
But nonetheless I will acknowledge that this is a premiership deserving write up.

Hardly slept all night... Had a few beers with a Pies mate across the road last night, wandered home at 11... into bed and awake again by 2 and been up since... Trying to keep myself busy doing some work and watching the marathon at the same time...
Nerves have cranked up a notch!

GO PIES

Bloody hell, I think I had a dream last night where I was Taylor Adams. I had to write an essay on why we would win. I didn’t write anything so the exam invigilator (my dad?) asked why we would win. And I (Taylor?) said “we have the mental edge, it is the way it is.”

Collingwood win confirmed. You’re welcome. Now off to the hospital to get my head checked …

Bloody hell, I think I had a dream last night where I was Taylor Adams. I had to write an essay on why we would win. I didn’t write anything so the exam invigilator (my dad?) asked why we would win. And I (Taylor?) said “we have the mental edge, it is the way it is.”

Collingwood win confirmed. You’re welcome. Now off to the hospital to get my head checked …
Lets invigilate the * out of Brisbane

Excited Big Day GIF by Rosanna Pansino

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like a Kevin Finnerty sequence out of The Sopranos.

It’s been one of the weirdest feelings for a grand final. I haven’t been this excited for one, even 2018 I wasn’t struggling to sleep maybe since I didn’t expect us to get there.

Really want us to capitalise on a good season and I keep envisioning Darcy holding the cup with Fly

Good Morning fellow Magpies. Today is the day we make it SIXTEEN. Feels like Christmas morning.
Whether you will be at the ground, the live sites, home or wherever you maybe, enjoy the day, cheer until your voice is hoarse and help bring home number sixteen.
Can't wait to share this day with my boy. His first GF was in 2018, and he was a little junior Magpie then, and he felt heartbreak. Today, he is a bigger Magpie, and would love for him to see a Collingwood premiership.....GO PIES..MAKE IT SIXTEEN!!!

I'm not sure if it's because I had this week off for a family holiday but I haven't been nervous at all for this game. And I couldn't focus at work before the GWS prelim.

Hopefully the players are the same. They looked relaxed yesterday by all reports.

Cox for Norm Smith. Frampton first goal.
Reckon it's cause you were unplugged for a week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back