AFL Player #13: Nik Cox 🦄 - Skipper called him 'the Unicorn' in an interview (confirmed!)

Remove this Banner Ad

elbows to hawks players heads.
this kid goes alright :p

Good signs from this one. Went into his shell a bit after the bump. Dermie would be anointing a hawks kid for doing the same.
Someone needs to pat him on the back for it.

Funny, I thought the same

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some nice moments from Nik. I am hoping he only gets 1 week but even then that's a bit stiff.

elbows to hawks players heads.
this kid goes alright :p

Good signs from this one. Went into his shell a bit after the bump. Dermie would be anointing a hawks kid for doing the same.
Someone needs to pat him on the back for it.

Agreed.

Low impact bring his report into fine territory.

It sorta wasn't a bump either. He went down to bump but hit with a forearm almost in a different motion.

Kid is going to be some player. Not much anyone can do about a giant wingman who would be close to a top 10 runner in the comp. Thrown in the ability to play off either side...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if it might end up a fine.

Compared to Astbury's elbow which got a fine, which was intentional as opposed to careless and Hanrahan played the rest of the game.
I thought a fine. Low impact and I thought it was in the contest for the ball.

Depends how they grade head hits given Zac Williams copped a week. If it's careless + medium he'll get a week as well, if they go easy on him because he initiated contact with the body and the head knock was the result of a stray elbow, he might get careless + low and a fine.

Kinda torn because it was a good bump but at the same time, the AFL needs to get serious about CTE. I could live with a week.

Kicks off both feet even on set kicks - just uses whichever side gives him the better angle. Not sure I’ve seen that before....maybe Sam Mitchell.

If his output is ever equal to the sum of his parts (...ahem) his slide to pick 7 or whatever it was will be the stuff of draft day folklore. Yes COVID but really....you took six guys ahead of 200cm, high marking, dual sided, freak running natural footballer? He’s a unicorn as they say in the NBA.

Danger should get 2 weeks, But knowing how protected species work they will probably give the Adelaide guy 2 weeks :p

I don't think Cox should get a week but wouldn't surprise me if he does.

The severity of the outcome will be determined by how they grade it.
If they consider it rough conduct (as a bump) and high contact, and low impact, it will be a fine.

The problem he might come up against is if they consider it striking as contact was made with his elbow which wasnt tucked into his body. Striking, high contact and low impact is still a week if i understand correctly

He was unlucky in that he made a lot of body contact in that bump (not that this was too visible in the main angle they showed) and his elbow hit the shoulder first before going on up to the head.

Will get 1 I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back