AFL Player #13: Nik Cox 🦄 - Skipper called him 'the Unicorn' in an interview (confirmed!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Kicks off both feet even on set kicks - just uses whichever side gives him the better angle. Not sure I’ve seen that before....maybe Sam Mitchell.

If his output is ever equal to the sum of his parts (...ahem) his slide to pick 7 or whatever it was will be the stuff of draft day folklore. Yes COVID but really....you took six guys ahead of 200cm, high marking, dual sided, freak running natural footballer? He’s a unicorn as they say in the NBA.

None of Mitchell's kicks ever went more than 15m.

Last edited:

Love him but at his height he should put away the bump for good. I mean he tried to get down low and still gave away a 50 and a goal, got fined $2000, coulda been suspended. Its a pretty clear lesson.

I do like his physical intent I just think the bump is too risky for any 200cm player to even bother trying. Just stick to tackling.

In more positive news he will be an unmatchable superstar in a few years that other teams will wonder why did they pick 7 blokes before him.

Love him but at his height he should put away the bump for good. I mean he tried to get down low and still gave away a 50 and a goal, got fined $2000, coulda been suspended. Its a pretty clear lesson.

I do like his physical intent I just think the bump is too risky for any 200cm player to even bother trying. Just stick to tackling.

In more positive news he will be an unmatchable superstar in a few years that other teams will wonder why did they pick 7 blokes before him.
He didn't give away 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think right now I would like to see him playing defense . He has the tools and does some good things but he got badly exposed on the wing a few times and the Hawks looked to exploit his lack of experience. At times he looked like he had not played since he was 17. He lost the speed of the game a number of times.
IMO he has the scope to be a super star but I am not sure right now wing is where I want him.

Jordan Lewis and Brad Johnson were all like ‘yeah two weeks seems about right’.

Yeah, good call dickheads.

I can’t believe they’re advocating for an overreactive MRP

Jordan Lewis and Brad Johnson were all like ‘yeah two weeks seems about right’.

Yeah, good call dickheads.

I can’t believe they’re advocating for an overreactive MRP
the fox crew love us
a few weeks back Brown was revelling in our fall from grace.

Terrific he got off (ok a fine). Thought he would get a week. Stick with him and give him some games. Always tough for new players to adjust to pace of AFL games. Even harder when didnt have U18 games last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back