List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 of Billings 3 MCG games this year were 1st class. His game v the Dogs last year was phenomenal.... We know what we've got & that is one classy AF mofo IMHO

Kid is just young & inconsisent due to having niggling & serious injury over the last 3 seasons.

He'll be fine

2 of Billings 3 MCG games this year were 1st class. His game v the Dogs last year was phenomenal.... We know what we've got & that is one classy AF mofo IMHO

Kid is just young & inconsisent due to having niggling & serious injury over the last 3 seasons.

He'll be fine
until he learns how to knock campaigners out he'll never amount to anything

That is true but looking how Richo's coaches ive seen nothing from him to suggest he just likes stoppers. That is what Frost and McKenzie are. Carlisle gets the ball and isn't a pure stopper. I think he would like something similar if its out there.

Fair call but Richo - like most of us - has to learn to live within his means. Cheap defender - expensive mid.

Im sorry if my opinion of Billings upsets you precious petals -
he is the most 'vanilla' footballer I have see in the RWB. Would be more than happy to see him traded for someone with some ticker!

I think you've called it too early on billings.

You are the type that would have traded Jack Watts after 3 seasons and look at him now.

Heck you probably said the same about Goddard Montagna and dal santo in their first few seasons? Armo? Took him a good half dozen seasons to find his feet too.

Patience grasshopper.. Not all draftees dominate in their first 3 years.

RICHMOND will have first access to exciting goalkicker Kayle Kirby as part of its next generation academy if the Bendigo Pioneers product does not get selected in November's national or rookie drafts.

Kirby played for Vic Country at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships and recently kicked five goals for Richmond's VFL side on debut at the level. He followed it with four goals the following week.

My only knock on the little I've seen of him is that he doesn't appear to be that fast.

Late pick or
Rookie list

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/frema...e-looks-set-to-join-pies-20160910-grdam9.html

Fremantle Dockers free agent Chris Mayne looks headed for Collingwood.

The big tackling forward is understood to have been offered a four-year deal to join the Pies in a defining season for coach Nathan Buckley.

time to up our offer...

in all seriousness, WTF are the pies thinking. he will be 32 when that deal expires. he had 2 good seasons in 2012/2013 and has been shite ever since. he's a fwd that doesnt kick goals, so i guess he will be a good replacement for cloke

My take on defenders - Zac Dawson is not that skillful but has played 164 games of pretty reasonable AFL football and if he was 23/24 would be a perfect fit with Carlisle as key defenders.

So if Carlisle plays anywhere near standard I think we need to be looking at a cheap defender to replace Fisher as the second tall (don't laugh but I'd seriously look at Jack Frost) with a stronger focus on the Dempster replacement. (Gardiner/Marchbank)
If we're gonna try for a moneyball defender, to replace Delaney at the very least, just thought I'd mention Barrels recent vote for Frost as well as Hugh Beasley from Brisbane. Both delisted freebies for a team who backs themselves in development.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/frema...e-looks-set-to-join-pies-20160910-grdam9.html

time to up our offer...

in all seriousness, WTF are the pies thinking. he will be 32 when that deal expires. he had 2 good seasons in 2012/2013 and has been shite ever since. he's a fwd that doesnt kick goals, so i guess he will be a good replacement for cloke
Buckley has stated if he doesn't play finals next year then he wont have a job. Throwing all his eggs in the 2017 basket.

If we're gonna try for a moneyball defender, to replace Delaney at the very least, just thought I'd mention Barrels recent vote for Frost as well as Hugh Beasley from Brisbane. Both delisted freebies for a team who backs themselves in development.

Has Frost been delisted? I don't think it's been reported on the Pies board?

EDIT: If he has we'd be silly not to take him, then grab Beasley in the rookie draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taken this trade hypothetical and put it into overdrive. I like Longer but if it could somehow net us the following end result, I would do the below trades:

Trade 1) Saints: Longer + pick 46 to Carlton for pick 23 + pick 41

Trade 2) Saints: pick 10 + 2017 1st round pick + pick 41 to GCS for pick 4 + pick 21 + pick 27

Trade 3) Saints: pick 21 + pick 23 to GWS for pick 7 + Steele (can only try adding Steele to the trade)

In: Pick 4 (SPS, McGrath), pick 7 (Ainsworth, Taranto, Scrimshaw), Steele, pick 27
Out: Pick 10, 2017 1st round pick, Longer, pick 46
And where do we sign for a bargain such as this?

Depends what you're after?

If you want the pick, you don't do the deal... If you want the points, picks 21 & 23 - 1693 points is worth more than pick 7 - 1644 points

Personally speaking, pick 15 returned is more realistic than 7

Trade 3 as I wrote it most likely wouldn't happen, hence the comments in brackets. No harm asking the question about a trade of pick 7 for picks 21 + 23. That trade would give GWS more points than pick 7 alone. I'd even try to swap 4th round picks with Carlton in the Longer trade and pass on that pick to GWS just to give GWS more bidding points. From this trade GWS would stand to receive 200+ points.

Depends what you're after?

If you want the pick, you don't do the deal... If you want the points, picks 21 & 23 - 1693 points is worth more than pick 7 - 1644 points

Personally speaking, pick 15 returned is more realistic than 7
Didn't they close that, you can only have the draft picks for spaces available on list or something?

Given all the merited talk of KPD's and gun mid's, the limitations of our list age etc. I'm surprised about the lack of talk of another key forward, maybe not a gun forward ala McCartin . i.e. we don't have to give up a first rounder or get screwed over at the trade table.

Given that Roo may only have a season left Membrey being a medium , Goddard more unsure as a forward than a back, Lee lucky to have a spot on the list, surely we should be looking for a back up forward.

Any rejects from G.C. or G.W.S. that like Bruce and Membrey are flying under the radar, out of favour or contract?

You're not a trade target until you get photoshopped in a Saints jumper

OdCkDlQ.png

Holmes' skin isn't dark enough for this to be as good as I thought it would be :oops:

time to up our offer...

Holy Jeezus! 4yrs for that Spud Mayne would be one of the most ridiculous trade in AFL history.
Pies forward line containing Jesse White, Chris Mayne, Ivan Maric(resting) while also possibly getting Dalsanto.
I thank the lord each day for not having to support Collingfilth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back