2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm a brain injury is just as bad as, if not worse than, any other injury to be fair.
Healthy looking is not necessarily healthy. You don't **** around with brain injuries, even if it's minor, just a "daze"- the accumulative effect is real.
I'm not saying they aren't right to sit them out, just that it isn't like any other injury, the players are capable of playing, probably half the time want to play, but an external party is saying they can't play for their own good. Great for the player's long term interest and s**t for the team on the day

I can answer a few questions about this sort of thing since I am involved in this industry myself.

1. These are almost certainly bootleg products. Whoever runs this store does not have permission to use the official team logo on merchandise. No money will go to FFC if you bought something, unlike if you bought official AFL merchandise in Australia.
2. The price is very high in comparison to similar products available elsewhere. This hoodie is $107 AUD. I could offer you the same product at $50 and still make a pretty tidy profit. They are offering Free Shipping by the look of it (typically it would cost about $10).
3. The countdown simply refers to the time left until the print run begins. Typically they will take orders for a few days and then print it at the end of the timer. It doesn't really mean a lot, it's just meant to encourage you to buy. But the closer to the end of the timer, the less time it will take for you to receive the product (but you should still expect at least 3-4 weeks wait for something shipping from the USA or Europe).

This site in particular looks very amateurish. The images they have used are of low quality. I would have serious doubts about the print quality of their merchandise if they can't even use the proper resolution images on their website (clothing printing requires 300dpi or higher resolution graphics vs web images only needed to be 72 dpi).

Their mockups don't even use a displacement map to make the product look realistic on the purchase page. They've just superimposed the graphic over a blank product instead. Compare to this which is how I mockup my products.
y402e1C.jpg

It looks as though it's actually printed on (even though it isn't, it's just using advanced photoshop shadow features over a plain white t-shirt).

I would be interested to hear how you found the page, did someone tell you about it or did you click an ad somewhere?

For comparison, here is my site. www.cricketstraya.com Most of mine don't have hoodies (mainly because people don't wear hoodies to cricket games in Australia). But I could easily offer the same designs on a Hoodie for $50 ($60 if printed both sides). Here's a design of mine with a hoodie option (need to select Hoodie in the style menu): https://www.moteefe.com/16hands-frontl

So $110 seems wildly expensive to me. And if anyone is interested I am looking into creating custom Freo supporters gear as well.

Ahh very interesting. Thanks for the help mate, it looked amateur-ish and I didn't have much faith that it'd be good or I'd be getting my moneys worth. I saw it pop up on my facebook feed, paid ad, seen it heaps the last week actually. The website and facebook page didn't fill me with confidence, nor did the lack of reviews online. Thanks again mate, appreciate it.

Tabs > McCartin.
Just saying. Guy's a flop.
Oh and hows that rebuild since 2010, hey plugger ;)? Still ahead of them after this long
I found it interesting last week that the commentary thought Carlton were about 18 months behind us in the rebuilding... and we are 12 months in...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

State game was fantastic. First WA senior team to beat Victoria in Victoria and smashing them made it even better. Saundo should have had at least 10 but finished with 6.7. Kelly is all class and should get on an AFL list at the end of the season.

The best thing about St Kilda losing today is the dazzle of flashing coloured lights and chiming bells that makes their "Trades to Target" thread a special place for the casual reader looking for extra laughs.

Which two out of Fyfe, Kelly or Martin should they take. All three obviously see them as a destination club but they need to keep some chump change for Jones Lever, Balic, Weller and Tucker.

These players will just be the cream on top of a brilliant rebuild now that they've completely purged themselves of the Ross Lyon era and can offer their fans exciting high scoring football each week - even when they lose...like the 7 goals they managed to scrape up today.

Anyone around 50yo or over will be able to recall their introduction to State Footy and the disdain WA sides were treated with when they ventured over to Melbourne.

They would be beaten up in the physical contest, and thrashed on the scoreboard.

Today was like turning the clock back to those days of the early 70's where the dominant team bruised and battered the opposition, made them look timid and 2nd to the contest, and handed out a footballing lesson that made their supporters embarrassed by the huge gulf in class between the two states.

I'm far more wary of parochialism these days, but i'm so proud of the boys who wore the black swan jumper today for a famous win over Victoria today.

Anyone think ben Saunders is a chance to be drafted? I think he is about 24? I see him as a Tory Dickson type that would be quite handy as the 4th tall

Anyone think ben Saunders is a chance to be drafted? I think he is about 24? I see him as a Tory Dickson type that would be quite handy as the 4th tall

No. As a South Freo fan who sees him pretty much week in and week out I will be very surprised if he gets taken and would be flabbergasted if he made any sort of medium term impact at AFL level. He doesn't have the work rate nor does he show the desire required at WAFL level to play AFL. Not to mention he is not overly quick and doesn't apply much forward pressure. He is one of those players who is a brilliant WAFL player but not cut out for AFL. If he was serious about having a crack at the big time he would have made an effort 2 years ago.

I would love to be able to eat my words and watch him thrive in an AFL environment but I just can't see it happening.

Born Xmas day 1991 - so he'll be 26yo at the start of next season...but I think he's missed a year or two in the WAFL through injury.

Have to admit up until he kicked his first I thought he was looking like a bad selection.

Prophetic call by Peter Bell's after Saunders kicked his first goal when he said he's a momentum player. "He can be quiet and then go bang bang bang" - he goes and kicks 3 in a row.

If I didn't know Notte had already had been on an AFL list i'd be saying he'd be worth a look. Same with Schloithe, Marsh. They all played well. Kelly and Meadows might be the be worth looking at.

Who was the skinny Vic kid playing in the forward line that they talked about being on the radar of AFL recruiters? Maybe i misheard, but it sounded like his surname was Fridge by the commentators call of the game. He took a nice pack mark coming from the side into the contest.

Last edited:
Tim Kelly and Manning actually the most impressive WA players for me. Kelly is all class with delivery inside 50 but does still need to work a little harder on his defensive side (running back and contested ball). Still certainly did enough to be given a shot in the draft. Manning probably too old now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back