2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First image - Dixon is still on the ground and the ump hasn't even run in to set the mark yet.

Second image - exactly 30 seconds later Selwood is already running at him (and Dixon has actually begun walking in).

I thought the umpire generally warns the player with 15 seconds gone. I don't think that happened. The ump gave some kind of warning just a few seconds before he called play on.

EDIT: I've watched the replay again from the AFL 4th qtr replay and I think I can faintly hear the umpire give a 15 second warning, but that was about 9 seconds before he called play on.

Last edited:
Fascinating reading the comments here. I was listening in the car to ABC call with Whately and co who were barracking for Geelong and the only mention of free kicks was a few minutes where they talked about what a star Selwood is and how his incredible brilliance and skill causes players to infringe him all the time.
Twateley and his family are all Geelong members which is also why I guess he doesn't like Freo.

I mean this happened right in front of that same umpire. How on earth do you not pay this as a free in a marking contest?

373965_bcb61193766d4582cfa85405ac5215b3.jpg

It's even worse when you actually watch the replay.
giphy.gif

Random questions. Anyone by any chance happen to purchase any clothing from these guys before, or at least know of them? I wanna buy the Dockers hoodie, looks really nice to me, but I know nothing about them and obviously don't want to get scammed. There is also some 12 hour countdown, which seem weird.

https://bigstarstore.myshopify.com/products/hoodie-men-women-5

View attachment 374196

Figured if it's safe to buy, then some people here might also be interested in purchasing one :)

I can answer a few questions about this sort of thing since I am involved in this industry myself.

1. These are almost certainly bootleg products. Whoever runs this store does not have permission to use the official team logo on merchandise. No money will go to FFC if you bought something, unlike if you bought official AFL merchandise in Australia.
2. The price is very high in comparison to similar products available elsewhere. This hoodie is $107 AUD. I could offer you the same product at $50 and still make a pretty tidy profit. They are offering Free Shipping by the look of it (typically it would cost about $10).
3. The countdown simply refers to the time left until the print run begins. Typically they will take orders for a few days and then print it at the end of the timer. It doesn't really mean a lot, it's just meant to encourage you to buy. But the closer to the end of the timer, the less time it will take for you to receive the product (but you should still expect at least 3-4 weeks wait for something shipping from the USA or Europe).

This site in particular looks very amateurish. The images they have used are of low quality. I would have serious doubts about the print quality of their merchandise if they can't even use the proper resolution images on their website (clothing printing requires 300dpi or higher resolution graphics vs web images only needed to be 72 dpi).

Their mockups don't even use a displacement map to make the product look realistic on the purchase page. They've just superimposed the graphic over a blank product instead. Compare to this which is how I mockup my products.
y402e1C.jpg

It looks as though it's actually printed on (even though it isn't, it's just using advanced photoshop shadow features over a plain white t-shirt).

I would be interested to hear how you found the page, did someone tell you about it or did you click an ad somewhere?

For comparison, here is my site. www.cricketstraya.com Most of mine don't have hoodies (mainly because people don't wear hoodies to cricket games in Australia). But I could easily offer the same designs on a Hoodie for $50 ($60 if printed both sides). Here's a design of mine with a hoodie option (need to select Hoodie in the style menu): https://www.moteefe.com/16hands-frontl

So $110 seems wildly expensive to me. And if anyone is interested I am looking into creating custom Freo supporters gear as well.

Last edited:
First image - Dixon is still on the ground and the ump hasn't even run in to set the mark yet.

Second image - exactly 30 seconds later Selwood is already running at him (and Dixon has actually begun walking in).

DArBuTxXUAIGkQL
DArBuT6XYAEVt-z
But they started the 30 second clock as soon as the mark was paid. At the point you see Dixon getting up about 7-10 seconds were off the countdown clock.

He then has to walk back to the end of his run while the ump sets the mark. About 20 secs were done before he started to look at the goal.

So if you take the mark on the lead you will have a lot more time than if you go to the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back