2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. MRP decided they went a bit too far last week and decided to overcompensate this week. Maybe they should be more careful about how they select the MRP. Very little confidence in those clowns.

It's just odd isn't it? So far they've stuck to their guns and made high profile suspensions (Dangerfield and Mumford) to be consistent with the rest of the decisions earlier this season. Then they let this clear cut case slip.

I love footy but you know after Toby Greene got off today for knowingly sprigging another player in the face I don't think I've ever been this disillusioned by the game and those who run it.

From the moment he did it you had the whole media cheer squad in his corner basically demanding he get off
Sure enough the MRP being the flopping circus it is ,tows the line
Paul Roos was the only commentator who spoke and common sense
the weekend freo just had may compound my feelings of disappointment with footy but it's not something new to me being a long time freo member
Probably the part of it I find most distasteful is the mob mentality that seemed to prevail
Safety in numbers and the pack mentality is one of the reasons I quit playing footy many moons ago ( lack of talent was probably the main reason come to think of it)

The difference here being it's within the rules and the spirit of the game to be able to lift your knee to protect yourself (and balance yourself when leaping at speed). The faulks thing was a really unfortunate set of circumstances ( higher speed, legal knee up, neither knowing the outcome of their actions).

What Greene did was flat-out against the spirit of the game. I can garauntee you he knew exactly where Dalhous was and he tried to fend off with his foot, studs up. You damm well know when you're going studs out and you damm well know when it's high enough to cause serious damage.
Captain floggery got let off for **** knows why, brings a whole new meaning to kick to kick ....

I can't guarantee anything, but this is almost all wrong IMO

Have a listen to yourselves. Do you not realise the loop holes you create with your logic?

If Toby Green had put an elbow out instead of his foot he would have gotten weeks for it but because it was his foot (why his foot had to be that high I have no idea. It's not like he was going for a mark)

It was quite like he was going for a mark. It was a high loopy handball that he jumped high in the air to grab.

Sorry but I'm staggered that Green got off for that. I don't think he tried to deliberately sprig the bloke in the face but he quite recklessly fully extended his leg right out in that area.

He's looks like a flog but I don't actually hate the guy, gun player and the game needs villains but 100% should have got a suspension.

Sorry but I'm staggered that Green got off for that. I don't think he tried to deliberately sprig the bloke in the face but he quite recklessly fully extended his leg right out in that area.

He's looks like a flog but I don't actually hate the guy, gun player and the game needs villains but 100% should have got a suspension.
WB BF only concern about their player redpath get suspended not much said about Greene in their board.

Hows the foot in the face different from the loophole Nicnat uses to jump with his knee into his opponent every time he goes up for a tap or fly for a mark? It doesnt but it is considered athletic and make people go wow. It brings people along to the game the same way characters like Toby Green & Ballas the serial pest the media like to call him do. It all adds to the spectacle. The AFL would just be loving the fact everyone is talking about it. Last week it was dangers tackle this week it is Green & next week it will be something else. Sometimes it makes you wonder if the MRP is deliberately controversial to keep the conversation going...

Looks like Bob Murphy's getting another GF gig without playing in the actual game...

Really hope he finds a gig in the media somewhere

Since the Brisbane game anyway
Shhhh, I've 'conveniently' forgotten that one, and the Adelaide one, and the Port one. Although I still think the weekend's game trumps them all for lack of effort. Absolutely woeful - first game I couldn't get through watching a replay. But more importantly...

that Greene incident :eek:, or player x retiring :'(, or Brad Hardie's credibility :oops:, West Coast thinking the window is still open :drunk:, or Tony 'I love onions' Abbott :lemon:...

Shhhh, I've 'conveniently' forgotten that one, and the Adelaide one, and the Port one. Although I still think the weekend's game trumps them all for lack of effort. Absolutely woeful - first game I couldn't get through watching a replay. But more importantly...

that Greene incident :eek:, or player x retiring :'(, or Brad Hardie's credibility :oops:, West Coast thinking the window is still open :drunk:, or Tony 'I love onions' Abbott :lemon:...
Don't forget to dust off your Creedence Clearwater Revival albums, the Americans are going to war in Asia

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep em coming.

Who'll stop the rain was widely thought to be an anti war song by Creedence but it was actually written by Fogerty at the Woodstock Festival while they were waiting To go on stage. The grateful Dead was the band before them and overshot their time slot by 3 hours, all the while it was pissing down rain, hence the song.
As part of John Fogerty's protest he refused to allow any footage or sound recording of their set to be used by the organizers. It proved to be a massive blunder on his part.

Last edited:
Sooo unrelated topic....

The last On The Couch had some vision of Rance vs Taylor which I had heard saw Rance be beaten one on one.
* me Rance gets away with some s**t. There's one contest where both players are holding each other in an arm wrestle. Could probably name 3-4 times this season Hamling has been pinned for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back