D3 2018 Division 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GE are doing a great job.
This is D3 for gods sake. So many clubs in D Grades struggle. No feeders, no help. Can’t believe anyone (other than Bedders) would criticise them. Hansie..why would you like his post?? You’ve been around footy clubs. I know who you are. Get down to GE on a Thursday and a Saturday and I can assure you, your liking of ignorant posts would disappear.
GE are giving kids a chance to play footy. Previous clubs that are part of the GE transformation struggled. It happens. Look at Ormond. A once proud A Grade club languishing in D Grade. Nobody is immune from struggling.
I predict GE will be a big riser in years to come. Full of great Ammos people.

I liked the post as it came across as witty and somewhat true! GE has kept about 8 clubs alive. Does not mean I am having a crack at all - was just a funny post

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Trekked out to Aquinas with my woolly gear on. Low and behold there was sunshine. Parks were impossible with all the netball parents competing. Ground in top condition no wind and perfect for a ripper game. Aquinas put up a great first quarter but seemed to run out of steam soon after that. I thought they would handle their big ground better. Big game for GE against Canterbury Saturday. Should be a tight game and hopefully GE will get the chocolates.
Richmond over AP by a lot.
Latrobe to sneak one over Swinny
Westbourne over Aquinas just
Hawthorn over Manningham because of home game.

Trekked out to Aquinas with my woolly gear on. Low and behold there was sunshine. Parks were impossible with all the netball parents competing. Ground in top condition no wind and perfect for a ripper game. Aquinas put up a great first quarter but seemed to run out of steam soon after that. I thought they would handle their big ground better. Big game for GE against Canterbury Saturday. Should be a tight game and hopefully GE will get the chocolates.
Richmond over AP by a lot.
Latrobe to sneak one over Swinny
Westbourne over Aquinas just
Hawthorn over Manningham because of home game.
I hear the canteen was outstanding as well.

GE are doing a great job.
This is D3 for gods sake. So many clubs in D Grades struggle. No feeders, no help. Can’t believe anyone (other than Bedders) would criticise them. Hansie..why would you like his post?? You’ve been around footy clubs. I know who you are. Get down to GE on a Thursday and a Saturday and I can assure you, your liking of ignorant posts would disappear.
GE are giving kids a chance to play footy. Previous clubs that are part of the GE transformation struggled. It happens. Look at Ormond. A once proud A Grade club languishing in D Grade. Nobody is immune from struggling.
I predict GE will be a big riser in years to come. Full of great Ammos people.

So when do GE complete their merger with Ormond?
...staying in D3 of course, it's only fair.

Good call PS, he has done an outstanding job and great bloke like the coach.
I’ve come across Ivan at a few VAFA events, really impressive guy and has obviously built a pretty strong district club at Glen Eira.
Disagree on their coach being a good bloke though. From all reports I’ve heard, he’s not well liked. Only met him once and quickly came to the conclusion that he’s a flog.

A flog would put a post like this up on a public forum without the courage to identify themselves. Honestly what sort of person does this?

The man in question has considerably more class.

I’ve come across Ivan at a few VAFA events, really impressive guy and has obviously built a pretty strong district club at Glen Eira.
Disagree on their coach being a good bloke though. From all reports I’ve heard, he’s not well liked. Only met him once and quickly came to the conclusion that he’s a flog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jon Edgar. Got sacked from SKOB, largely full of himself, rude to most people who he comes in to contact with, best buds with Rosejam

While you can’t get on with everyone he was generally liked and certainly respected in his 2 years coaching the 19s at DLS. (2 Premier Div. flags in 2 years). This has been debated before and I don’t intend to revisit but teams he coaches win premierships. Haters gonna hate but whichever way you slice it this has to be at least in part due to the person at the helm.

Personally found him to be a good bloke who knows and loves his footy. Has a couple of footy mad kids and I would hate to think they are reading slanderous crap posted on here about their father. WTP was quick to make an assessment but by his own admission above "only met him once".

While you can’t get on with everyone he was generally liked and certainly respected in his 2 years coaching the 19s at DLS. (2 Premier Div. flags in 2 years). This has been debated before and I don’t intend to revisit but teams he coaches win premierships. Haters gonna hate but whichever way you slice it this has to be at least in part due to the person at the helm.

Personally found him to be a good bloke who knows and loves his footy. Has a couple of footy mad kids and I would hate to think they are reading slanderous crap posted on here about their father. WTP was quick to make an assessment but by his own admission above "only met him once".

Well put. Just an aside. During the school holidays he was in New Guinea ,I think , building classrooms for their poor schools. Not bad for a flog you met once peanut. Don't know what club your from but I hope they are proud of you.

Well put. Just an aside. During the school holidays he was in New Guinea ,I think , building classrooms for their poor schools. Not bad for a flog you met once peanut. Don't know what club your from but I hope they are proud of you.

Yep he has been doing that for many years amongst various other charities he is involved with. He also helped develop the ‘Coolies” concept which as an alternative to Yr. 12 kids spending a a week on the drink at schoolies, they go PNG and do charity work.

Personally I favour the schoolies option but I have the greatest respect for those (including the JE and other teachers who do it in their own time) who chose to do the other.

Probably should know a bit more about a person before labelling them a rude flog who is full of himself after one meeting.

That’s great. Fantastic cause to donate your time and efforts to. Doesn’t change the fact that he was a rude flog when I met him. Everyone on here has opinions of clubs and individuals, I’ve expressed mine. Happy to be proven wrong next time I come across him but I doubt it.
I’ll tell you all who I am and what club I’m from if everyone else on this forum does. Until then, I’ll sit with the peanut gallery and carry on like a pork chop. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back