List Mgmt. 2018 NAB AFL Draft: November 22nd & 23rd

Who would you prefer with our first selection?

• Max King

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Bailey Smith

Votes: 47 19.7%
  • Connor Rozee

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • Jye Caldwell

Votes: 37 15.5%
  • Unknown Smokey?

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Jack Lukosious

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Isak Rankine

Votes: 72 30.1%
  • Ben King

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Sam Walsh

Votes: 13 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given Paddy doesn’t seem to be working out as his replacement (I’m happy to be proven wrong) then it’s not the worst idea.

The big issue though is who would mentor him when he came in? Rooey had Stewie Lowe and G-Train as mentors, Paddy and Bruce had Rooey. If we get Lukosious in the best forward we have to mentor him is Skunk, arguably Bruce.

I’d say we may need a new forwards coach, one that can double as a mentor. Like GWS had to help Jezza and Patton.
Think roo might come down if we end up getting him for part time coaching. He'd be itchy to get out there and help if we were to go that badly for the whole year

Given Paddy doesn’t seem to be working out as his replacement (I’m happy to be proven wrong) then it’s not the worst idea.

The big issue though is who would mentor him when he came in? Rooey had Stewie Lowe and G-Train as mentors, Paddy and Bruce had Rooey. If we get Lukosious in the best forward we have to mentor him is Skunk, arguably Bruce.

I’d say we may need a new forwards coach, one that can double as a mentor. Like GWS had to help Jezza and Patton.

We’ve got Dixon to teach him how to kick for goal. :eek:

What’d he do?

went down and watched the WA U18's trial game, where they take the full squad plus i think some underagers and play against a senior WAFL side.

the U18 side as you would expect got smashed, obviously as its boys against men pretty much. so they were getting beaten up around the contest, the bi-product being they start to rush their possession, perceived pressure is stronger than it is, they get fumbly. however there were some stand outs. one of which is Ian Hill.

he didnt get much opportunity but its what he did when he had the opportunity.

they played on Bassendean oval which has some wide squarish pockets. he took possession of the ball, in traffic, in the pocket, 1m out from the point post right on the boundary line. he had enough time to pick it up and kick it. he deliberately nailed it straight through the middle. no dribble kick. literally straight through.

had an attempted capper. straight up!

i just want want want want

went down and watched the WA U18's trial game, where they take the full squad plus i think some underagers and play against a senior WAFL side.

the U18 side as you would expect got smashed, obviously as its boys against men pretty much. so they were getting beaten up around the contest, the bi-product being they start to rush their possession, perceived pressure is stronger than it is, they get fumbly. however there were some stand outs. one of which is Ian Hill.

he didnt get much opportunity but its what he did when he had the opportunity.

they played on Bassendean oval which has some wide squarish pockets. he took possession of the ball, in traffic, in the pocket, 1m out from the point post right on the boundary line. he had enough time to pick it up and kick it. he deliberately nailed it straight through the middle. no dribble kick. literally straight through.

had an attempted capper. straight up!

i just want want want want

Kid called Stack play ?
I reckon he looks very good.

Kid called Stack play ?
I reckon he looks very good.

didnt stand out to me, but it was a senior side beating up on some kids. so highlights few and far between.

number 8 for WA had some serious mongrel about him. had a serious crack at it. number 18 or 19, can't re-call which one was very agile, couple of nice things. clean pick up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack was bloody average on weekend..

Rankine .....usual dominance

Actually we need Rankine , Rozee & Hately .....Hill would be nice but think will be gone

Menadue & Markov tore us a new one against tigers too

Bailey Smith sure does sound enticing.

He seems mostly inside to me. I really hope we get some pace in the form of Hill or Rankine. We don't have much spark or zip ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back