List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree.

Can't get caught up in the whole 'who wins this particular trade' pi**ing contest...it's about the net result of the entire trade period.

Since you have so many other players nominating you, the Hill deal not only lands you a gun player, but unlocks those other 3 trades.
Saints just gotta get it done...would be shambolic to have 4 good players nominate you and not be able to land them.

If Saints get all 4 you basically win trade period and after struggling to land big names for some time now, may start a new era of being able to attract good players. Can't let this slip.
100% agree with you. I’ve said it before but we have to overpay to bring in Hill & Howard, that’s just the way it goes when trading for contracted players. But at the end of the day it improves our side so who cares. Let Freo win the pissing contest and stuff up their draft picks. We have enough young talent now that we don’t need these picks in a weak and then a compromised draft. We need good players.

12 & 2020 1st for Hill and 26

26 for Z.Jones
18 for Howard & Ryder
-----
that means 6 and 2020 1st in crap draft we turned into 4 very good gauranteed experienced players.

Very very nice.

It gets things done .
Positive - picks gathered from Steven & Bruce trades are used in the draft.
Or they stay ( gives us better negotiation leverage )
I like it

I like the idea of waiting a few years for Ben King, let him establish himself up there, help the Suns get somewhere and build the suspense like the Will they, Won't they? stuff they have in TV series.

Be interesting to see if he ever does decide to join his brother.
One King for each of my teams thank you very much.

100% agree with you. I’ve said it before but we have to overpay to bring in Hill & Howard, that’s just the way it goes when trading for contracted players. But at the end of the day it improves our side so who cares. Let Freo win the pi**ing contest and stuff up their draft picks. We have enough young talent now that we don’t need these picks in a weak and then a compromised draft. We need good players.

Trade week is funny like that, fans and media get obsessed about who 'wins' in trades...when ultimately it's about improving your side and winning premierships.

Even if you pay slight overs for these guys, i doubt any Saints supporter is going to care if they all perform well next year and help you get into finals.
Richmond were ridiculed for including pick 6 to get Prestia...pretty sure they've had the last laugh, he's been a key part of their premierships.

Meanwhile even if a club like Freo are gloating about the haul they get for getting Hill, after losing him and Langdon they will likely be down near the bottom of the ladder next year and the kids they draft may or may not become good AFL footballers. I know which side of the deal i'd rather be on.

18 for Howard and Ryder
Bruce and Stuv pick for 13
13 and 12 for Hill and 2nd
2nd from Freo for Jones

Stuv to the Dogs! Yes!

I've been calling for it all trade period. Surely they would be keen for a senior player to step in and take the load of their kids. He would let them play Bont forward more too and it's only another 30-40 mins to training each day.

Push it Saints!

Lukosius can now name his own price. So can Rowell and Anderson when they get drafted.

I can’t see how they stay within the salary cap going forward.

Assuming that the GC play by the same salary cap rules as the rest of the competition though. The thing is I wouldn't even be mad if they didn't if the AFL came out and said they were giving them salary cap concessions as opposed to draft concessions. The AFL don't want the experiment to fail. I don't think AFL will ever let them get into a salary cap squeeze.

12 & 2020 first for Hill and their 2nd round.

18 and a late pick for Howard and Ryder.

Freo's 2nd and Bruce for 13 and WB's late 2nd.

Stuv for 37.

37 and WB's late second for Zones and a 3rd back.

Future pick for Butler.

Draft Kemp at 13. Biggy with the 3rd. Rookie a project ruckman. Upgrade Wilkie.

Done.

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Peter Bell goes WHACK and gets his man, best of luck in purple James Aish.

What was the deal? Im not seeing it anywhere.

No trade radio at work this week :(

lol Stuv will only play for one team next year - Geelong. If we don't trade him, can't see him playing for us. Hope I'm wrong. I'm an NFI not an ITK

Bells form line continues.
2018 OUT: Neale IN: Hogan
2019 OUT: Hill & Langdon IN: Aish & Menadue

Like he knows what end of the ladder ya meant to be aiming for right?
Next on the agenda will be

Out: Nat Fyfe and Sonny Walters
In: Jack Graham & Shai Bolton (premiership players)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not worried about the Ben signing...more security for him if he gets hurt which is good for him.
Still confident he will be with us 2021 or 22....especially if Foldcoast keep stinking it up....imagine Ben hearing stories of Max’s time at saints all year compared to being at a s**t club with no supporters and a s**t team. Also means no other team can sniff around next year saving Ben all the gossip and the chance of moving into the pre season draft.

I wonder if, should we fail to get deals done for Hill and Steven, the AFL will rush through the 'pre season trade window' so that clubs can keep working these deals?

Imagine the media talk if say Brad Hill and Joe Daniher were left in 'limbo' for another 3 months as speculation about them being traded on the eve of round 1 intensified...

Im not worried about the Ben signing...more security for him if he gets hurt which is good for him.
Still confident he will be with us 2021 or 22....especially if Foldcoast keep stinking it up....imagine Ben hearing stories of Max’s time at saints all year compared to being at a s**t club with no supporters and a s**t team. Also means no other team can sniff around next year saving Ben all the gossip and the chance of moving into the pre season draft.

If he is on the reported money you can't blame him really. What 19 year old knocks back that kind of money.

I still think that we need a first rounder for next year.

Yes, Ben has signed, but is also 0-14 so far in his career. If the Suns don't improve, do you really think he won't consider a trade?
If he gets 900k a year and isn't even expected to win games. Yes.

Trade Radio.

Josh Bruce would be a good fit for Essendon without Daniher...but he's already a done deal to the dogs.
-------------------------
NO HE'S NOT!!!. IF it was a done deal it would be on your bloody trade thing as a DONE DEAL.
Come on Dodo, start talking about one of your first rounders for Josh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back