Preview 2019 Goodbye (To 2020) New; Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It should be Victoria v. Australia, but AFL wouldn't be able to call it "State of Origin".

Every country has one of those places, I assume. Victoria would be your São Paulo.

P.S.: By the way, in English, the state and the city should be called Saint Paul, instead of São Paulo. After all, we say Austrália Meridional (South Australia); Nova Gales do Sul (New South Wales); etc. São Paulo is easily translatable.
I like how you expand our knowledge like in your P.S. thanks.

That defence is so ******* gross ahahah
Yeah
Looking at the squad of 30 the only area I'm like wow that's bottom 4 is bad is our backline. Let's pray that Jonas and Cluzza stay fit

Also maybe that Grundy develops at a rate of knots

Very disappointed Hayes couldn't even make the 30. He'll play next week, but surely won't play the 3rd game, so they clearly don't see him as contending for a spot.

Mead out again with the 'not a hamstring', hamstring injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did we pick f**king Cam Sutcliffe in our squad for the Brisbane game? I know it's a pre-season game, but there's nothing to gain by picking him for any game. It's development robbed from a younger player.

Edit: answered my own question. We'll terrorise Lachie Neale I reckon.
cough cough "hernkley is still the head coach" cough cough,
strap yourself in make sure you have your medication handy because i think we all will need it.

If brissie plays some talks they could have a day out against that backline

We’re going to be super dependent on clurey watts Jonas burton and Westhoff all staying fit and in form and our midfield not putting too much pressure on them
Ballenden, Hipwood and McStay named in their forward line. We're gonna have a bad time.

If brissie plays some talks they could have a day out against that backline

We’re going to be super dependent on clurey watts Jonas burton and Westhoff all staying fit and in form and our midfield not putting too much pressure on them
Nine defenders in our list are 1.90m (6'3") or taller. None is 2m tall (6'7").
Justin Westhoff199
Jack Watts196
Jarrod Lienert195
Riley Grundy194
Tom Clurey193
Jake Pasini192
Trent McKenzie191
Ryan Burton191
Riley Bonner190
Watts, Clurey, Pasini, and Grundy are listed as KPD. The only other listed as such is Jonas (1.88m/6'2").

Clurey - Actual Key defender
Jonas - glorified medium sized defender
Hoff - floating utility
McKenzie - forward flanker from gold coast
Watts - CHF from Melbourne
Burton - flanker from Hawthorn
Lienert - tall winger from Sturt
Grundy and Pasini - a combined weight of a buck 50 with a brick in their pocket.

Yep. It doesn't look good...

Last edited:
Justin Westhoff199
Jack Watts196
Jarrod Lienert195
Riley Grundy194
Tom Clurey193
Jake Pasini192
Trent McKenzie191
Ryan Burton191
Riley Bonner190
Watts, Clurey, Pasini, and Grundy are listed as KPD. The only other listed as such is Jonas (1.88m/6'2").

We say that every year about our defence ... Yet year after year they perform ok, and are not the problem! The problem lies in our midfield's delivery & our forward setup.

Unpopular opinion: Our defence is going to be OK in 2020!

We say that every year about our defence ... Yet year after year they perform ok, and are not the problem! The problem lies in our midfield's delivery & our forward setup.

Unpopular opinion: Our defence is going to be OK in 2020!
I think we will, too; but it is a weird unit.

Justin Westhoff199
Jack Watts196
Jarrod Lienert195
Riley Grundy194
Tom Clurey193
Jake Pasini192
Trent McKenzie191
Ryan Burton191
Riley Bonner190

2m tall is a ridiculous expectation for a defender. Look at the best defence in the competition with Richmond - their tallest defender is 195cm (astbury).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back