Preview 2020 Goodbye (To 2021) New; Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Good on bonner for wanting to stick with port, and hopefully make his career work out here.

I do recall a Hartlett doing something similar and being applauded for it.

Also if bonner did what Hartlett did in those final minutes of the prelim he would’ve been crucified for it.

Not saying I’m not a Hartlett fan but its funny how some players get off way lighter than others.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You can tell Hartlett rushed (and stuffed up) his kick into the forward 50 in desperation of making amends for his OOB which costed us a goal.

Agreed that Hartlett being an AFL vet should be better but with Boak also missing from directly in front, it was basically a story of how our players are basically used to being losers and were not finals hardened whilst Richmond had been there done that and remained composed all the way to their dynasty.

Looks in pretty good shape for a first year player. How did he go in the draft combine for the running exercises?
View attachment 1055155
Pretty good...more like amazing.

I haven't seen sooo much muscle in our squad ever. Hoping we do what REH said a week or 2 back about Essendon in 2000... playing angry all year.

A lot of us might need to temper our expectations for Saturday's internal trial. The new boys will be nervous, the fringe players desperate and all along

they'll know each others game. Personally there are so many players of interest I'll hardly know where to look. Timmy G on the mic is a big plus. Can't wait.

A lot of us might need to temper our expectations for Saturday's internal trial. The new boys will be nervous, the fringe players desperate and all along

they'll know each others game. Personally there are so many players of interest I'll hardly know where to look. Timmy G on the mic is a big plus. Can't wait.

Yeah I am a bit more reserved, only want Burgman to have 40 touches and kick 8. Marshall to take 20 contested marks, Dyllan Williams to kick a lazy 15 or so. Trent Burgoyne to break Usain’s world record. Garner and Jones line up and lay out Jonas and Hammer. The club doctor to find the cure for Covid and Cancer so we can get back to normal life and God can continue being immortal!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

things to look for
1. is Todd Marshall still a sub 10 possession forward and will MG pull his pants down with 4 goals and 20 touches
2. is Dylan Williams our Robbie Gray forward pocket replacement
3. Does Allir Allir replace mckenzie or Clurey or neither?
4. Bonner will have to be just about BoG to revive his AFL career, stranger things have happened
5. Is it time to put Harlett on the depth player list and give Lochie Jones first crack or Garner
6. Will Trent Burgoyne make Fanta pants look average
7. Does Drew or Bergman push Rockliffe out of the team
8. interested to see Mead & Schofield in actual live play too see if they have what it takes.
9. Does Ken go with 1. Shades & Coke No Sugar, 2. No shades and real coke or 3. sun visa and pepsi max

things to look for
1. is Todd Marshall still a sub 10 possession forward and will MG pull his pants down with 4 goals and 20 touches
4. Bonner will have to be just about BoG to revive his AFL career, stranger things have happened
5. Is it time to put Harlett on the depth player list and give Lochie Jones first crack or Garner
8. interested to see Mead & Schofield in actual live play too see if they have what it takes.
9. Does Ken go with 1. Shades & Coke No Sugar, 2. No shades and real coke or 3. sun visa and pepsi max
6. Trent will not pull Fata down, Fanta is AFL proven class and quality. Trent just needs to show signs of development, he will be on the list next year if we plan on taking Jase.

7. I don’t think Drew or Bergman push Rockliff out, I think it has already happened by Butters and Rozee.

things to look for
Re # 5 dot point
Couldn’t agree more. Hammer’s chicken hearted effort in deliberately knocking the ball out of bounds in the last quarter of last year’s preliminary final still rankles me. And remember people it resulted in a Richmond goal and us losing the lead. Time he started cultivating his next career as a rock n roll drummer.

Might be different when he doesn't have a choice about leaving PAFC (out of contract this year).

Assuming there isn't a career saving year from him this year, it may be move interstate or into the SANFL... Thats if the crows don't jump on him.

He has a really good chance of pulling an Amon like move. He has the skillset. Just makes dumb decisions alot.

If the final year of his contract plus the club telling him he can leave doesnt make him have an A grade year this year, nothing will.

Latest Training gallery ..
Couple of observations ... Seems everyone out there fit & training with no pink hats now too. Just amazing. Hopefully we can emulate last year & keep a healthy squad through the year.

A number of players are def looking leaner & have dropped a few KG's ... Wines & Lycett in particular

Also everyone is looking stronger eg...
1613020147356.png

All the photos we’ve been seeing aren’t doing much to help me believe we have fixed our forward 50 entries much. Just about every single photo series is filled with large packs all flying for the same ball with no leading or separation.

Wish we could find a way to open up space like the cats do for Hawkins To lead to the ball but at the same time also have multiple options rather than our approach of bomb it long to a pack 8/10 times.

Latest Training gallery ..
Couple of observations ... Seems everyone out there fit & training with no pink hats now too. Just amazing. Hopefully we can emulate last year & keep a healthy squad through the year.

A number of players are def looking leaner & have dropped a few KG's ... Wines & Lycett in particular

Also everyone is looking stronger eg...
View attachment 1055681

Kane must have impressed early...

1613022038794.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back