List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is there something that if we don't pay our players min cap, we have to return the difference to the AFL?

I am not sure what mechanism is there is to enforce, it is part of the collective bargaining agreement so I assume it would be in the form of breach of contract if we have made some kind of agreement to uphold the CBA made between the AFL and the players.

Sam Skinner was a fantastic junior and reportedly a great leader. 198cm, 23, Victorian, can play at either end. In the two games he played this year he took 6 and 7 marks. If he's over his injury issues I'd be having a serious look.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You offer him the contract knowing full well he won't accept it, then you have up with the high moral ground when he leaves.

What? You don't want someone but you offer them half a million because you know they wont sign? What if they sign? If you don't want someone to sign, don't offer them a contract.

If you put a contract in front of someone you have to assume there is the chance that they would sign it.

This is crazy talk, almost facebook level of crazy. If my employee told me he didn't want someone but offered them 4% of our payroll knowing he wouldn't accept it then I would sack the guy on the spot. Don't want someone = zero.

No idea re the remainder of the list - Norths list management team are obviously keeping their cards close, but using TPP to justify overpaying Brown isn’t the approach we should be taking IMO
Given the choice of paying BBB an extra $200k to play for us, or Shaun Higgins $200k to play against us, I know which one I'm taking.

Orazio Fantasia has officially told Essendon coach Ben Rutten he is requesting a trade to Port Adelaide on what is likely to be a three-year contract.
One of Port Adelaide’s first two picks in selection 26 or 31 will be on the table for the injury-prone half-forward.

The Power were always Fantasia’s preferred candidate over Adelaide, with the South Australian keen to pick up relationships old and new at the Power.

He is a friend of captain Tom Jonas and has a close connection with forwards coach Nathan Bassett but also struck up an unlikely friendship with small forward Zac Butters during lockdown.

We still have to pay our TPP though. Who are we actually paying? We don't want to overpay kids because that gives them GWS-like expectations for crazy money. Looking at our list and all the mature players, who are we actually paying our cap to? It is not like we can just say fu** it, we will only pay 50%, we need to spend 95%+

We will just pay our the big contracts ie Polec ziebell cunners they are the 3 on more than 700k? Brown obviously was too

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Given the choice of paying BBB an extra $200k to play for us, or Shaun Higgins $200k to play against us, I know which one I'm taking.

Doesn’t seem to be what the club is taking

Orazio Fantasia has officially told Essendon coach Ben Rutten he is requesting a trade to Port Adelaide on what is likely to be a three-year contract.
One of Port Adelaide’s first two picks in selection 26 or 31 will be on the table for the injury-prone half-forward.

The Power were always Fantasia’s preferred candidate over Adelaide, with the South Australian keen to pick up relationships old and new at the Power.

He is a friend of captain Tom Jonas and has a close connection with forwards coach Nathan Bassett but also struck up an unlikely friendship with small forward Zac Butters during lockdown.

Another one for the "North Melbourne in the background of the photo" files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back